Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Please Welcome our New Sponsor, Trailer Toad

January 5, 2013 -- iRV2.com would like welcome our newest sponsors to the iRV2.com Community, TrailerToad.com from Janesville, IA.

TrailerToad is positioned on our Main Page and we wish them a long tenure and much success in 2013.

Trailer Toad LLC, manufactures a patented "weight-bearing hitch" specifically designed for motor home owners who heavy tow trailers and want to prevent damaging the frame, floors, sidewalls or slide-out openings on the coach. The Trailer Toad carries the tongue weight. The Trailer Toad comes in two models; the 3500HD for trailers up to 15,000 lbs. with tongue weights up to 1500-lbs. and the 5000SD that can handle up to 24,000-lb trailers with up to 3,000-lbs tongue weight. No other hitch can accomplish what the Trailer Toad can when it comes to protecting your coach from the stresses of towing a trailer. Works on truck campers too. 100% "Made In The USA"

Motor home towing issues:
The most common problem is the motor home has a lot of overhang in the rear and they simply were not designed to carry the tongue weight of larger, heavier trailers.

The Trailer Toad will carry that tongue weight with none of that weight being transferred to the motor home. All you will have to do is pull the trailer and of course, stop the trailer.

The other benefits of using a Trailer Toad behind your motor home are these:
1. Protects the chassis from being over-stressed,
2. Prevents overloading the rear suspension and tires,
3. Prevents stress damage to the floor and sidewalls,
4. It will prevent slide-outs from becoming out of alignment.

Email us at trailertoad1@yahoo.com
Call us or TEXT us at (319) 404-7001 or (319) 429-1320.

You will talk to the company owner, get the answers you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlashFireRig_JPG_w560h180.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	31491  
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #2

Just curious.....how do you back up with this setup???
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I personally have not seen the TrailerToad however a rather extensive 4,000 mile severe country ride & drive was accomplished and published and toward the end of the article the author wrote the following ...

"Backing up by using the dual lock system was much easier. I also found that the rig did not have to be perfectly straight to lock in the dual reversing pins, which was one of my initial concerns before using the equipment. I simply rotated one of the tires as needed and the pins dropped in. When I was finished backing up, I had to stop and remove the reverse pins, which is an extra step required when using the Trailer Toad, but I feel this slight inconvenience is well worth the extra safety and security that it provided. If I were not using the Trailer Toad in this situation, there was a very good chance that I could have damaged both the camper and the trailer."

From RV Magazine
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
bullheaded,

Backing up is as simple as dropping the "Reverse Lock pins" into the receiver tubes (about 10 seconds to do it) and then you can back up the same as if the Trailer Toad wasn't there.

If you are trying to get into a tight spot you just leave the Reverse Pins in, pull ahead and back up a again or whatever it takes to get situated.

When I pull into an event or campground, I lower the Reverse pins in and lock the axle. That way if I have to back up three or four times I don't have to get back out of the coach. When I am ready to leave and go to the highway I lift the Reverse Pins and clip them in place so the axle can pivot and follow the coach going down the road.

By the look of you photos, the Trailer Toad 5000SD was made for rigs like yours. Protects the investment you have made in the coach and removes all the tongue weight from the coach.

Email me if you have any questions,
Thanks,

Tags
toad