Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2.com is pleased to have been lurking in the information pipeline when this important media release "not yet published"¯ was captured by this intrepid reporter. I believe that we are the first to see this announcement and I wanted to share it with you our readers.

Of import here is that a second major manufacturer has seen the future in motorhome chassis design and they have implemented it and will be offering their products on the Workhorse UFO chassis.

Withholding the name of the manufacturer is a responsible measure that we have taken until November 28th at which time the information super highway will be over flowing with ground breaking News. What seems like tremendous seismic activity in the RV Industry the "official news"¯ is being held back until the RVIA Industry Show opens in Louisville, KY.

Please be patient with us over the next 10 days or so and if we come across additional insider news you will be among the first to read it. Here is what we know so far.

A well known RV manufacturer is immediately taking advantage of the new Workhorse UFO™ chassis by using it for two motor home models with rear living room floorplans.

Two long established models, currently diesel, are now available on the new rear-engine gas platform from Workhorse Custom Chassis. Both the motorhomes will offer the 37 foot floorplan. According to sources,"¯ This innovative floorplan features a rear living room, front entrance door, and 26,000-pound GVWR. The flat floor design of the Workhorse UFO™ chassis enables the manufacturer to create a new living space unlike anything seen in the motor home industry before." In most rear-engine motor homes, the bedroom has to be in back, so the bed and cabinets can cover the protruding engine and cooling system. Not so, with the Workhorse UFO™ Chassis.

The official press release will be made available at a later date.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2.com is pleased to have been lurking in the information pipeline when this important media release "not yet published"¯ was captured by this intrepid reporter. I believe that we are the first to see this announcement and I wanted to share it with you our readers.

Of import here is that a second major manufacturer has seen the future in motorhome chassis design and they have implemented it and will be offering their products on the Workhorse UFO chassis.

Withholding the name of the manufacturer is a responsible measure that we have taken until November 28th at which time the information super highway will be over flowing with ground breaking News. What seems like tremendous seismic activity in the RV Industry the "official news"¯ is being held back until the RVIA Industry Show opens in Louisville, KY.

Please be patient with us over the next 10 days or so and if we come across additional insider news you will be among the first to read it. Here is what we know so far.

A well known RV manufacturer is immediately taking advantage of the new Workhorse UFO™ chassis by using it for two motor home models with rear living room floorplans.

Two long established models, currently diesel, are now available on the new rear-engine gas platform from Workhorse Custom Chassis. Both the motorhomes will offer the 37 foot floorplan. According to sources,"¯ This innovative floorplan features a rear living room, front entrance door, and 26,000-pound GVWR. The flat floor design of the Workhorse UFO™ chassis enables the manufacturer to create a new living space unlike anything seen in the motor home industry before." In most rear-engine motor homes, the bedroom has to be in back, so the bed and cabinets can cover the protruding engine and cooling system. Not so, with the Workhorse UFO™ Chassis.

The official press release will be made available at a later date.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club

Gosh, DriVer.... "a rear living room, front entrance door" .... must mean one walks thru the bedroom?! Not on my watch!!

(Yeah, I know....wait until November 28th!)

Rose
Old 11-18-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
NEWMAR is loaded with 37' coachs.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 11-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds to me like you will also be walking through the bathroom and kitchen to get to the living area ! That can't be right! We are missing something here, I'm really curious now about this new floor plan.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey guys I'm only speculating at this point but have we ever heard of hallways?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
Hey guys I'm only speculating at this point but have we ever heard of hallways? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Monaco was the first to use a full lenght slide out, which forms a hallway to the rear. When the slide is in the driving mode you did have to go through a bath room to access the rear.

Glenn

2004 TREK 31SBD 8.1 W-20/ 1999 GMC p/u Toad
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #8

Rear Living room eh, it'll be interesting to see how well that layout is received by the general RV'ing crowd. Of course if the fridge is located right behind the drivers seat, could be convenient for a quick cold one (soda that is)--lol

Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
Old 11-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but have we ever heard of hallways? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe you are overlooking the fact that all these UFO chassis come standard with anti-gravitational magnetic levitation transportation systems. Therefore, it will not be necessary to walk through any part of the floorplan to arrive in another part. You only need to think it, and poof-you are there!

I heard the entry door is now in front of the driver's seat, and this added flexibility allows a floorplan which offers the copilot a personal sauna for the ultimate in relaxation while underway. ED
Old 11-19-2006, 05:21 AM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
"the copilot a personal sauna" Sounds like a plan to me!

Yeah...side hallway probably...offsetting slides front and back probably. Kitchen in center next to living area with bath facilities in center.

OR...hubby suggests a full-size bunk above the driver/passenger seats...gee possiblities are endless!!

Rose
Old 11-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just add a Rear entry door
Old 11-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of course if the fridge is located right behind the drivers seat, could be convenient for a quick cold one (soda that is)--lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LVJ58: THAT feature is available TODAY on the 38T floor plan from Winnie/Itasca. TRUE! ED
Old 11-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If we can just see the forest through the trees for a moment but what is remarkable about this News is that the manufacturer exercised their implementation of Universal Floorplan Option technology which no other chassis manufacturer can deliver on at this time.

If they wanted to install a bowling alley back there, what's to stop them - certainly not a mid-floor massive step up engine cover!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #14

Personaly if wife and I wanted a MH with a DP floor plan. WE would have bought a DP years ago.
WIll stick with side entry or keep my old one.
Closed Thread