Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thor Motor Coach is 2011’s #1 Selling Motorhome Brand

Press Release

March 15th, 2012

Thor Motor Coach is 2011’s #1 Selling Motorhome Brand

Thor Motor Coach has been recognized as 2011’s top retailing brand of motorhomes in North America according to Statistical Surveys, Inc..

The company’s Class C motorhomes captured the #1 market position in 2011 and accounted for nearly 24% of all Class C sales. These results showed Thor Motor Coach’s Class C brands grew fastest amongst the top manufacturers with a 17.5% increase. In addition, Thor Motor Coach’s Class A motorhome brands lead the market in 2011, capturing 23.7% of all gas powered Class A sales.

Success at the retail level is only possible with a talented dealer network. The partnerships formed between Thor Motor Coach and its dealers solidify the foundation to develop innovative products with superior value.

“Reines RV and Thor Motor Coach have been partners for over 12 years. Finding the right motorhome manufacturer was an important factor for our long term success as an RV dealership. Thor Motor Coach’s products have always been known as “the best value” with a solid reputation for standing behind their motorhomes”, said Lindsey Reines, owner Reines RV in Manassa, Virginia.

Consumer focused programs such as “Gold Star Inspections” and “Concierge Connection” emphasize a commitment to quality driven products. These industry unique programs create unyielding partnerships with dealers and retail customers.

“You cannot be the top single brand retailer of motorhomes without partnering with great dealers. These alliances are essential, allowing us to provide our customers a superior ownership experience”, emphasized Jeff Kime, President of Thor Motor Coach.

For more information on Thor Motor Coach motorhomes, call (800) 860-5658, visit http://ThorMotorCoach.com, orwrite to: Thor Motor Coach, Inc., PO Box 1486, Elkhart, Indiana 46515.

About Thor Motor Coach
Thor Motor Coach, Inc is an operating unit of Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE:THO), producing various motorized recreation vehicles that are sold throughout the United States and Canada. Thor Motor Coach RV brands include Class A Diesel; Astoria, Palazzo, Serrano, and Tuscany, Class A Gas; ACE, Daybreak, Challenger, Hurricane, Outlaw Toy Hauler, and Windsport, Class B+; Siesta, Siesta Sprinter, Citation, and Citation Sprinter, Class C Gas and Diesel; Four Winds and Chateau.

###
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-ACE-Motorhomes-Class-A-RV.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	19004  

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #2

I have 2011 Four Winds 28Z.Quality is not job one. Topper fell of the slid bending the mounting arms tearing the topper.Cabinet drawers at the kitchen would not shut tight.The frame to the drawers is not square thats why they do not shut.Three different color and size screws holding the drawer slids.What ever they grabbed is what went in.The wood frame that holds the rear queen bed came apart.Again many varies screws holding split wood together.I had to rebuild it and used corner brackets to reinforce it.The shower fiberglass wall is not glued to the wood behind it.The one wall the wood was not even glue to the studs. They drove staples thru the cable to the TV in the bedroom.The video plug to the other TV was had broken prongs that plug into the back of the TV. The coach has not left my driveway after driving home from the dealer 3 weeks ago. I found the above issues while parked in the driveway. It appears they are number in numbers but building them to fast and quality is ti suffer. I am sure glad Ford built the engine & Chassie.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #3

I'm sorry jims1966302 that you have had some problems with your coach. But I disagree, I'm on my second Damon motorhome and have been quite happy.

Here a Link to 2 page all about Thor and their quality.

Don't get me wrong I've have a few minor issues but I had small issues with Winnebago and Allegro too. I've always had great luck, working with the manufactures.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims1966302 View Post
I have 2011 Four Winds 28Z

Thank you for joining us here on iRV2.com and sharing your ownership experience. I have had a few RVs during our lifetime and non of them were delivered anywhere near perfect.

Can the RV Industry build perfect RVs? No doubt it can be done but even Newell has service centers and you can expect to pay a million dollars a copy.

How much would it cost I wonder to simply reduce the number of defects by 50%? According to Mike Holmes you should build it right the 1st time. That said, could we expect to see the MSRP sticker also grow exponentially where these vehicles wouldn't be affordable? Time is money and it will always multiply out whether your making pencils or Rolls Royces.

I recently visited an owner of a 2012 Serrano, a diesel 34 foot model and he said that his coach problems were relatively few but there were some and he expected that those would get fixed when he got back home to Colorado.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioanoMan View Post
I'm on my second Damon motorhome and have been quite happy.

Don't get me wrong I've have a few minor issues but I had small issues with Winnebago and Allegro too. I've always had great luck, working with the manufactures.
PioanoMan,

I believe that my new RV purchases mirror your experiences and one at a time, over time, I got 95% the items on my punch list resolved. It only took 9 years!

Thanks for joining our Community and come on back soon!

Tags
motorhome, thor