Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thor Motor Coach Offers Exclusive Rapid Camp™ Wireless Control System

PRESS RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2014

Thor Motor Coach Offers Exclusive Rapid Camp™ Wireless Control System

Elkhart, IN – Thor Motor Coach (TMC), North America’s No. 1 Motorhome Brand, builds the most diverse and dynamic line-up of motorhomes and continues its innovation with the introduction of Rapid Camp™ on select 2015 Class A and Class C Motorhomes.

Rapid Camp is a wireless control system made to fit today's modern motorhomes. It allows owners to set up camp quickly at a distance of up to fifty feet away from the motorhome. Features that can be operated include the leveling jacks, slide-outs, generator, patio awning and patio light.

With Rapid Camp, owners can watch their leveling jacks and make sure there’s no obstructions or dips in the ground. An auto-level button brings convenience to the table and only takes ninety seconds to set the jacks. Owners can also operate their slide-outs and monitor the process to safely avoid tree branches and other obstructions.

Rapid Camp was launched on several brands this past year and it’s been a successful selling feature,” said Jon Krider, Vice President of Product Development at Thor Motor Coach. “We also filmed an infomercial-style video for YouTube to show consumers how easy it is to use.” He added, “Motorhomes are supposed to be part of a fun and light-hearted lifestyle, and we wanted to incorporate that into our video.”

Rapid Campis available on 2015 Challenger, Miramar, Hurricane, Windsport and Outlaw Class A motorhomes, as well as the Outlaw, Four Winds and Chateau F-550 “Super C” Class C models.

For more information on Rapid Camp, visit http://ThorMotorCoach.com/Rapid-Camp.php.

About Thor Motor Coach
Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is the #1 motorhome brand in North America. Formed in 2010 as a strategic merger of Damon Motor Coach and Four Winds International, TMC builds many of the world’s most recognized motorhomes. As an industry leader in introducing cutting-edge innovations, TMC offers a wide range of styles, sizes, floor plans and features – delivering coaches that fit every customer’s lifestyle and budget. For more information, visit ThorMotorCoach.com or call 800-860-5658.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV-Remote-Control-Systems-Rapid-Camp.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	72879  
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:06 AM   #2

Needless marketing feature or of real value???

All too often, in many industries, we see engineering rather market driven innovation. It's great to see engineers flex their engineering muscles, but where's the value. Sure, the marketeers will brag about having something first, but is there real customer demand?

I don't know what this cost, but doubt it's free. How much would you pay for this and would it influence your buying decision?
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #3

It seems to come standard on certain models, and N/A on others. No option for it.

I can see the utility, but I think floor plan is still #1 when it comes to picking an RV. Setup is 15-20 minutes max, and most of that is sewer and water, not things you can automate. You then have to live in the thing.
zdomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #4

I think they really need to work on quality control and not another gimmick. Most likely with their qc it wont work anyway.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #5

They need to work on quality components and labor instead of gimmicks. I have a 2014 that I bought in July of 2013 it is gone as of 10/2014. Going winnebago. I know all Manf. have problems but the stuff I have seen my 8 yr old grandson could have done a better job.

QC with Thor stands for quick check not quality control. Just saying
Michael Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why all the negativity?

The Rapid Camp is a very positive improvement for any RV...standard on the new Outlaw models...it lets the owner get outside the coach to watch the jacks, slide and awning extend.
No more risk of hitting anything outside the rig!

Plus, if the weather changes, the awning could be retracted from a nearby campsite...no need to run to your coach in the rain.

And, who would not want remote access to the exterior lights?

It is a brand tailored version of the LCI Linc system:
Lincâ„¢ Remote System

Gimmick? Nope, I wish my Legacy Outlaw had this option.

Most probably will be copied by other mfgt's soon

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offer, thor, thor motor coach