Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #1

Thor to buy Heartland for $209 M

Found this earlier in the week

Thor Industries buying Heartland for $209 million - MarketWatch

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #2

Maybe that is why I am having problems getting a cuboard door for our Cyclone, Warranty problems.
Thor has a good Toyhualer, Winners Circle, Victory Lane, Why would they want Heartland?

Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thor manages to cheapen everything they own. Wonder how long it will take them to run Heartland down hill.

ken
Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #4

They must be doing something very good or they would not be the largest RV and bus manufacturer in the world.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Interesting article. I recently toured the Damon factory and was impressed with what I observed. The tour leader mentioned that Thor had a large percentage of the RV industry and was getting bigger. This may have been what he alluded to.

dezee, have you contacted Thor customer service about your cupboard door? I was very pleasantly surprised by the excellent level of customer service we received. I had a few issues with a recently purchased 2006 damon motorhome, discussed them with Thor service dept and they willingly and enthusiastically offered to fix them at no cost to me. They made a service bay available the next day and spent approx 3 1/2 hours attending to the problems I described. I got the impression that Thor really cares about it's customers and will go to great lengths to see that they are satisfied. Everyone we talked with was enthusiastic, friendly and very professional.

Since I am new to the Thor brands, I don't have the knowledge that TXiceman has, so can't speak to that issue. But I can say that we are satisfied with our Damon and the excellent level of customer service we received. Hopefully we will remain so.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Damon (thor motorized services) have been great for us when we need help or parts

at least they answer the phone and return emails
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
must be doing something very good or they would not be the largest RV and bus manufacturer in the world.
Maybe, but buying every RV brand you can doesn't mean you are good at BUILDING or SERVICING/SUPPORTING RVs ...it just means you have a lot of money and/or credit. Fleetwood was the largest at one point. Now it is Thor. ...interesting that Thor is buying Heartland who earlier bought the copyright to the names of Fleetwood towables, and has revived the Prowler line in 2010
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Just because McDonald's sells more hamburgers than anyone else in the world, it doesn't automatically follow that their hamburgers are the best, or even better than average.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Just because McDonald's sells more hamburgers than anyone else in the world, it doesn't automatically follow that their hamburgers are the best, or even better than average.

Rusty
Yeah...they ain't had a Mel burger.

Tags
heartland