Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Ultra RV Products Releases Ride Enhancement Kits for Ford Gas Chassis

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Ultra RV Products Releases Ride Enhancement Kits for Ford Gas Chassis

Mar 10, 2017 - Centralia, WA – Ultra RV Products is pleased to announce the release of its exclusive F53 Ride Enhancement Kits available for Ford Class A RVs. With Ford being the only game in town when it comes to gas RV chassis, it has eliminated the competition that bred better performing products. The latest generation of coaches on the Ford F53 chassis have a reputation of being a white-knuckle drive with an unpleasant and laborious ride.

After completing extensive ride testing of various chassis upgrade products from several manufacturers, Ultra RV Products has assembled the most effective, enhanced ride and handling package available at the lowest possible price. The F53 Ride Enhancement Kit is designed to reduce steering effort, eliminate sway and wander, smooth out the ride, reduce fatigue and add safety to your RV as you travel the country.

The contents along with their benefits of the F53 Ride Enhancement Kit are detailed as follows:

• Roadmaster Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bars – Adds stability and vehicle control. Eliminates the rock and roll (roll) entering uneven surfaces and keeps the RV planted to the ground navigating tight turns.
• UltraTrac Rear Trak Bar – Prevents the rear axle for shifting side to side (yaw) which causes “tail-wagging the dog” effect. Reduces “push” by windy conditions and passing vehicles.
• Safe-T-Plus Steering Control Unit – Stabilizes the steering by applying equal force in both directions to assist in bringing the wheels back to center with very little driver input. Adds safety in the event of a tire-blowout or a severe side wind.
• Koni FSD Shock Absorbers – Provides superior handling characteristics without compromising ride comfort. The FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) is firm where you need it, such as through corners, but reduces jarring over expansion joints and rough roads. Specially valved to filter out vibrations before they enter the vehicle, results in a smooth ride over a variety of road surfaces.

Ultra RV Products - Ride Enhancement Kits

For Additional Information Regarding This Press Release:
Email: support@urvp.com
Toll Free: 800-417-4559
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I plan on getting one at the end of the month to put on my new rig. They have had them for a little while now actually. I was looking at them in Jan.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
I plan on getting one at the end of the month to put on my new rig. They have had them for a little while now actually.
How did you make out?? Inquiring minds want to know.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:22 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
How did you make out?? Inquiring minds want to know.
I went a slightly different route. I didn't get the full package only because I already had the billstein shocks from the factory and didn't feel like it was enough of an upgrade to justify buying the Koni's with it. Eventually when the current shocks wear out I will replace with Koni.

What I did was this:

1) I did the CHF to the front of my coach
2) Rear track bar, actually went with blue ox just because I needed it quickly and Ultra RV was being slow to ship (I think they are all the same really)
3) Blue ox rear auxiliary sway bar
4) I also added the safe t plus steering stabilizer
5) Alignment

Here is the funny/annoying part. When the dealer brought my rig over to get it done I had mentioned that the tire pressures where all over the place, some had a delta as much as 10-13 psi from others on the same axle. So I asked them to get everything set to proper PSI's.

So I get it back and i'm all excited to take it on a cruise. I take it for a spin and its terrible, like it's actually gotten worse!! Pissed off I drive it back and get under the coach to make sure everything got installed and it did. I go to back it into my spot only to see super high tire pressures on my TPMS. Later I measured the pressure cold and the pressure on my 19.5 inch tires where 110psi!!!!!! In a basically unloaded coach. I tuned them all down to 93psi and took it for another spin and it was night and day difference. Much much better.

So in closing, I do believe that the parts helped, I feel less tail wag, and the sway bars has really tightened up the sway. The alignment I was told was way off from the factory as well and they fixed all that. However, I can say that with ALL that being "fixed/added" bad tire pressures trumped it all. Once I got the pressures in line it really handled a ton better. My wife drove it for 4 hours and it wasn't bad for her at all.

Hope this helps!

Tags
ford, chassis, ride enhancement, gas