Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:02 AM   #43

To; " 007 "

You probably forgot, but my Spartan front end problem was the brake shoes hanging up because of corrosion on the back- plates from lack of use. My over-use of exhaust brake and minimum use of foot brakes. Not a Spartan RECALL.

As far as Cummins, I have had zero problems with engine, mpg continues to improve.

I expected some feed back from Workhorse, but not from someone who has bought/installed/tried almost every after market quick fix available.

To sum it up, we all think we bought the best and chose what we wanted and was best for us.

Everything made by humans has flaws,some have more than others.

To each his own.

Aime=====

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #44

I have a 38' Monaco Diplomat with a Cummins ISC with a rear radiator. The engine compartment and radiator are open underneath. It's true that road grime and anything leaking from the engine can be pulled into the radiator fan and blown onto the radiator. However, a little maintenance with a degreaser or foaming air conditioning coil cleaner and a garden hose is all it takes to keep it clean. I do this every 6 mos. or so. I also clean the engine with Gunk Engine Brite, but I'm careful to keep it and the rinse water away from electrical components. I also check the cooling fluid chemistry and change it or add SCA as needed. My engine temp usually runs around 200o and my trans temp around 160o.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I worry about the rear facing radiator </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are probably a lot more DPs out there with rear radiators than with the side mounted cool packs. Until recently, only the very high line DPs came with side radiators.

Perhaps we will hear from some owners of rear radiator pushers who can offer their experience with your concern.

ANYONE ??? ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #45

I don't mean to hijack the original thread, but I'm curious about the Maxxforce engine's specs. I've never heard of it. Is it used in any MH applications now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
[QUOTE]Since WCC will be using a Maxxforce engine in the fall of 2007 these engines are manufactured by International Truck & Engine. They have some where on the order of 1500 centers so it is hoped that with those added resources a Workhorse customer won't ever be too far from a certified service center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:20 AM   #46
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BIGRED1:
I don't mean to hijack the original thread, but I'm curious about the Maxxforce engine's specs. I've never heard of it. Is it used in any MH applications now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The performance specs have not been released for the 6.4L Maxxforce engine as installed in the UFO. That spec will be available in fall of 2007. The producer of the Maxxforce is the parent company of Workhorse Custom Chassis, International Truck & Engine. I am hearing rumbles of twin-turbos and such to replace the existing 6.0L PSD. The Maxxforce would be a V-8 and would most likely produce more HP & Torque than the 6.7 I-6 ISB Cummins.

If that's the case perhaps the UFO will get the same or an equivalent engine to the new PSD that Ford will be using. Question is, I'm wondering will Ford retain the PSD handle or will they go to Maxxforce?

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote