Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Winnebago Industries Launches 3D Interactive Parts

News Release

Winnebago Industries Launches Winnebago Interactive Parts

-First on-line interactive electronic parts catalog in the industry to utilize 3D technology-

FOREST CITY, IA, September 7, 2011 – Winnebago Industries, a leading U.S. recreation vehicle manufacturer, has launched Winnebago Industries Interactive Parts (WIP) – an on-line, cutting edge 3D interactive electronic parts catalog that makes researching and ordering parts more accurate, convenient and fast.

“Winnebago Industries is pleased to bring the new WIP system to our dealers,” said Steve Evenson, Winnebago Industries’ Director of Parts and Service. “Our parts and service department has always been the leader and trend setter in the industry when it comes to technology and innovations. We are continuing this tradition with WIP and are excited to roll-out this functionality to all of our dealers with the 2011 and 2012 motor home model lines.”

Evenson continued, “This project was one of the most complex assignments taken on by our IT department. Winnebago Industries has successfully integrated our mainframe systems, 3D viewer, as well as the shipper’s websites for tracking purposes. We created an 80 million part database to support the web-based search capabilities for our dealers. This will greatly improve the entire dealer process and their parts ordering experience.”

With the WIP system, motor home dealers are provided with multiple means for researching and ordering parts. Dealers can search by model, serial or part number (or partial part number), color parts search or description. Once a part is identified, a dealer will know instantly the price and availability, which will allow them to provide an estimate to a customer or place an order by adding it to their on-line shopping cart.

“Visual and interactive technology allows our dealers to simplify the parts process which will improve productivity,” Evenson said. “Getting the right part the first time is a critical element of our long term strategy to create customer satisfaction through the entire time they own a Winnebago Industries’ motor home. I am confident our dealer partners will see the immediate value on this investment.”

Brenda Leighty, parts associate with Roy Robinson, Inc., Marysville, Wash., said “The new WIP system is user friendly, and it saves time by not having to jump back and forth from the search screens to check price and availability. The order detail section allows me to check on order status, get tracking information and freight charges all on one screen. I look forward to discovering more features the WIP system has to offer!”
“WIP has a lot of neat features that aren’t found in the current system,” said Greg Chambers, parts manager at The RV Corral, Eugene, Ore. “I like that I can search by serial number and get only the parts for that specific coach, or by description. Plus, the price and the availability of the part is known instantly. WIP is going to save us a lot of time!”

About Winnebago Industries
Winnebago Industries, Inc., The Most Recognized Name In Motor Homes®, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of recreation vehicles, which are used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The Company builds quality motor homes, travel trailers and fifth wheel products under the Winnebago, Itasca, Era and SunnyBrook brand names. Winnebago Industries has received the Quality Circle Award from the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association every year since the award’s inception in 1996. The Company's common stock is listed on the New York and Chicago Stock Exchanges and traded under the symbol WGO. Options for the Company’s common stock are traded on the Chicago Board Options Exchange. For access to Winnebago Industries’ investor relations material or to add your name to an automatic email list for Company news releases, visit, http://www.winnebagoind.com/investor.html.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP photo.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	13670  
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
That sounds neat. Hopefully that syste will help get the right part to you faster. Wish it was available to all, I like looking for my own parts.
svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #3

I was trying to get my DW excited by taking her through an Ellipse 42QD a few months back. The older I get the harder it is to rev her engine if you know what I mean. Anyway, I digress, while we were looking it over the salesman pointed out that every part on the coach had the part number affixed to it. I didn't check every part but did see a lot of stickers applied in inconspicuous places. I could see where that would be a big benefit for me since it seems I need everything to be in like new condition. I know, I know, that's something I need to work on.

Now Winnebago comes out with this and I'm thinking these guys are really on the ball. Question now is what to do with all my time spent looking for various replacement parts if I got that QD.

Oh, and BTW, DW did get excited about the Ellipse. Just the Ellipse
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone have a link to get a parts list for a Winnebago Voyage 35L? I saw one once. I need to get the part number for a uppper level turn signal light.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager35L View Post
Anyone have a link to get a parts list for a Winnebago Voyage 35L? I saw one once. I need to get the part number for a uppper level turn signal light.
Here you go; Manuals & Diagrams
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago