WINNEBAGO LAUNCHES THE PASEO AT THE ELKHART OPEN HOUSE
FOREST CITY, IOWA, Sept. 20, 2016
–Winnebago today announced the introduction of the Paseo to its market-leading Winnebago Class B lineup. Built on the Ford Transit van chassis, the Paseo is available in one floorplan, the 48P, and will be on display at this week’s Elkhart Open House.
“As Winnebago’s first Class B built on the Ford Transit Van Chassis, the Paseo further elevates our Class B product offerings,” said Winnebago Product Manager Russ Garfin. “We’re passionate about continuously improving every product we build and have learned a lot about what differentiates a good B-van from a great one.”
The Paseo features a rear dinette that can be used as both a dining and lounging area as well as a cross-coach sleeping space. The dinette sits on a raised platform to provide below-floor storage and an elevated sleeping space for optimal length between the walls of the van’s body. One side of the dinette is extra-long, so it can be used as a single bed without moving cushions or the table. The area also contains belted seating positions for four people.
A forward bath offers a number of features to maximize space including a curved sliding bath door track, a lower threshold shower pan and a fold-down sink is housed above the toilet. We even designed the bath will a full flat floor to make it easy for folks that want to switch out to a composting toilet.
“Efficient use of space is inherent in the design of the Paseo,” Garfin said. “All of the cabinets take advantage of all available space with pockets formed into the openings in the van wall structure to increase storage volume and usable cabinet depth.”
Powering the Paseo is a 3.5 liter, Ecoboost V6 Gasoline Engine with a 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission. Inside the cab, Ford’s SYNC 3 voice-activated technology provides an easy to read color touch screen that conveniently displays phone, audio and navigation functions.
Once at your destination of choice, off the grid camping is a viable option in the Paseo with sizeable holding tanks, a compressor-driven refrigerator, available 100-watt solar charging system, two standard group 31 AGM house batteries and a 2.8kW Onan generator. When the temperature drops, the coach is also designed for extended season use. The fresh water tank is mounted inside the heated area of the coach along with all of the supply lines.
Other Paseo features include:
• The passenger cab seat swivels creating access to a pull-up table that can be used as a lounge or workspace.
• A galley is located mid-coach and features overhead cabinets with sliding doors designed to glide open. The cabinet faces employ durable aluminum extrusions and LED accent lighting that also lights up the interior of the cabinets.
• On the exterior of the motorhome, an armless electric-powered patio awning includes a wind sensor. If conditions get too windy, the awning automatically retracts.
• Exterior speakers are located below the awning. The stereo system can be paired to a user’s smart phone.
• An available bike rack attaches to the passenger side rear door and holds two bicycles. The retractable trays for the bike rack confine it to the back of a single door.
• An available ladder attaches to the driver rear door, but can be moved to other points on the van to access the roof.
• A new roof rack design allows for easy reposition of crossbars – no tools required.
• Both the rear and side doors offer screen doors to let fresh air in while keeping annoyances out.
About Winnebago Industries
Winnebago Industries, Inc., "The Most Recognized Name in Motorhomes®”, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of recreation vehicles, which are used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The Company builds quality motor homes, travel trailers and fifth wheel products. Winnebago Industries has received the Quality Circle Award from the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association every year since 1996.
# # #