Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Purchased this beauty in Forest City, Iowa on Jun 17th. It is a 33V with a Vortec 8.1 liter Vortec and 5 speed Allison Transmission. We Had a few problems with it but dealer took care of all the problems and it was a pleasure dealing with him, Lichtsinn Motors. When we picked up the unit it had 35 miles on it and now has 1420 miles on it. We drove it home and it handles great and the engine and transmission work great. You don't even know it is shifting. The ammenties that came with it are part of the Z Package and are super. It is a good coach and we hope to have many years use out of it. It is our third Winebago, '87 Minnie Winnie 24', a '96 Minnie Winnie 31' and now the 04 Adventurer. I can't wait to take it out again.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Purchased this beauty in Forest City, Iowa on Jun 17th. It is a 33V with a Vortec 8.1 liter Vortec and 5 speed Allison Transmission. We Had a few problems with it but dealer took care of all the problems and it was a pleasure dealing with him, Lichtsinn Motors. When we picked up the unit it had 35 miles on it and now has 1420 miles on it. We drove it home and it handles great and the engine and transmission work great. You don't even know it is shifting. The ammenties that came with it are part of the Z Package and are super. It is a good coach and we hope to have many years use out of it. It is our third Winebago, '87 Minnie Winnie 24', a '96 Minnie Winnie 31' and now the 04 Adventurer. I can't wait to take it out again.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Hello Tom,

Congratulations on the new rig, we're are looking forward to reading your posts about your experiences and adventures in that new Winnie. Take a look at the thread on the Appalachian Campers' fall rally (see link in red below), you might want to sign up to attend and drive it down to South Carolina to show it off to us, we'd love to have you.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new rig. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. We just traded our 33V Suncruiser on a diesel pusher (Itasca version of the Adventurer - same thing but more mirrors and trim) but enjoyed it very much and thought it was a great class A for a gasser. That 8.1 Vortec and Allison 5 speed makes for a nice power combo. We took it up to 11,000' over the Beartooth Highway without any problems. The only thing we added to the chassis to help it along was a Henderson's Super Steer rear track bar. That kept the back end from pushing the front around when in high winds and passing 18 wheelers. Enjoy the ride - the 33V on a Workhorse is the sports car of motorhomes.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:02 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom was hoping to park next to you in Maine, but it wasn't to be. Enjoy your new unit.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 04:36 PM   #6

Congrats TomfromNC,

We have just ordered our new 2005 Adventurer 33V and expect it to arrive in late October.

We understand that the Chassis has had some changes back in July. Shocks, transmission tow/haul switch and speed control.

Anyone have any info on these changes?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cboh:
We have just ordered our new 2005 Adventurer
We understand that the Chassis has had some changes back in July. Shocks, transmission tow/haul switch and speed control. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We have plenty of info on the new features of the 2004-2005 Workhorse Chassis. A lot of this information is posted in the RV Industry News Forum. Stop by there and check it out. In the meantime if you have any questions about your new Workhorse, well ... you came to the right place.

About that tow/haul switch, I'm sure you'll see one of these switches on Chevrolet/GMC pickups however this is not something we see on a motorhome chassis.

Speed control has been a standard option since 2001 and the other features that you will no doubt appreciate are the 50? steering, Bilstein Premium Gas shocks and a stiffer anti roll bar on the front axle. The T1000 remains the standard transmission for the W20-22 series so there will be no disappointment there.

Your new 33V has been taunted to be the race car of gas-powered chassis, I'm sure that you will love it.

Thanks for dropping by and joining iRV2.com. Please come by again and visit often.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #8

Driver,

Thank you for the information. We currently have a Sightseer 04 with a Ford.

Are the 50? steering, Bilstein Premium Gas shocks and a stiffer anti roll bar on the front axle new for 2005?

We looked at a 05 33V built in June of 2004 and workhorse said the frames built after July had some improvements to the speed control, transmission brake similar to a Jake brake and different shocks.

I really like our Winnebago Sightseer but as an entry level coach we thought it would be a good idea to trade up before to much depreciation set in.
All that you can tell us would be appreciated. Oh and the one we ordered has full body paint and front 3m mask.

Thank You
Old 09-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cboh:
Are the 50? steering, Bilstein Premium Gas shocks and a stiffer anti roll bar on the front axle new for 2005? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes these features are "new" standard features throughout the W Series line.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #10

Congrats on the Winnebago...We bought a new 03 33V in Sept of 03--We have had some problems with the unit, but the dealer has taken care of them...Hope you enjoy the coach...
Old 11-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #11

In August I bought a 2004 Adventurer 38R. My wife said I just kept saying "holly cow this thing is big". Well, it is. I will say I am starting to get used to the fact that it touches the lines on both sides of the road. When a tractor trailer goes by I don't hug the guardrail until he passes anymore. I really enjoy my unit but it's a slug. It down shifts very easily which surprised me. Everything I read on the 8.1 said it would keep up with the diesels. I guess mine is so heavy it uses all the power up climbing the hills. I, also, had some A/C problems which caused Workhorse and Winnebago to point fingers at eachother. In the 2004s the condensor is under sized and Workhorse has a fix at almost $600. This would show up on hot days when the dash A/C would only put out 68 degrees, at best. When I complained , I was told to run my generator and the house A/C. When you buy your new unit pay particular attention to the A/C. Make sure it works to your satisfaction. Everything else is pretty good. I am getting used to the rattles that show up when you stock it and the 5-8 mpg. I know this is the sacrifice you make when you take a small apartment to the woods. Inever realized how hard it is to get reservations to some campsites. You have to reservations, well in advance, to get in to these places. I hope you enjoy your motorhome, I have no regrets.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:28 AM   #12

holycowitsbig, Congradulations on your purchase of a 2004 Adventurer, there not all that big, once you settle in and get comfortable with the coach, enjoy!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #13

Update,

We reordered our new 2005 Adventurere 33V when we found out they had indeed added a downhill brake switch to the Trans.

Well we hope to see this unit by the first week of December...Got a killer deal, even beter than the first one, and more for our trade.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:48 AM   #14

cboh, I'm intrigued...
How did you get a better deal & even more for your trade? Was this from another dealer? If so, how'd you back out of the first deal (deposit lost?)