Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats, Nice looking rig!! Enjoy...

kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Very nice!
Going to be a lot of fun.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thank you all. We expect to have a lot of fun and are very excited.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #18

Nice!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow! it was really worth the wait. That DP is beautiful and we wish you many trouble free miles.
Mr Miyagi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Really Nice looking coach especially for your first unit. Would suggest you see if dealer would throw in a set of tires or purchase them at dealer price. Since you are full timing, you want a good set of rubber. My guess is that the unit has original tires and I think that coach uses 305/80 which will be quite costly for 8. Of course the price for not replacing could be much higher though. At least look into it. Best of luck with the new unit. Way to get in the game!
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longweekends
Really Nice looking coach especially for your first unit. Would suggest you see if dealer would throw in a set of tires or purchase them at dealer price. Since you are full timing, you want a good set of rubber. My guess is that the unit has original tires and I think that coach uses 305/80 which will be quite costly for 8. Of course the price for not replacing could be much higher though. At least look into it. Best of luck with the new unit. Way to get in the game!
Excellent suggestion. If the tires are OEM whether the dealer helps or not, you should be investigating new tires as they were probably '05 vintage. The 305/80 size is unusual with Michelin XRV being the only choice. I recommend checking out switching to the 315/80R22.5 size. There will be more tire choice, slightly more carry capacity and, since they are only slightly physically larger, there should be no issue with size.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #22

The tires are not OEM. Were replaced in 2011 according to the DOT date codes. We did think of that though. It is a good suggestion.

The tires are 315/80R22.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry about giving the wrong tire size. I just knew that they were very big, very expensive tires. Glad to hear they were replaced in 2011. You should check with the country coach owners forum to see if there is an issue with the PTO (power take off) unit on your coach. If I understood correctly, the tag axle on these units is driven by the PTO. My friend had to order some part for this from somewhere in Canada and it was quite costly. Sorry for the sketchy description. Maybe other country coach owners would know more about this. My buddies unit has a humungous 625 hp cummins engine. Not sure if yours has the same. Either way it is still a great coach. They all have there quirks. I'm sure you will enjoy it though. Fabulous first coach. Happy travels!
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #24

I will have to check. I thought most tag axles were just that. Tags that do not drive. They just help support the added weight.

The engine is a Cat C13, 525 HP.

I will have an exclusion extended service agreement. I know I would have to fork over the deductible, but I will mention this to the dealer to have it checked prior to delivery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
laj

The tag is only for carrying weight. The PTO has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico
I will have to check. I thought most tag axles were just that. Tags that do not drive. They just help support the added weight.

The engine is a Cat C13, 525 HP.

I will have an exclusion extended service agreement. I know I would have to fork over the deductible, but I will mention this to the dealer to have it checked prior to delivery.
I have seen the discussions about CC owners converting from a dry to a wet PTO. I believe the PTO is to drive the pump for the hydraulic fans on the side radiator.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #27

Very envious!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I would expect a clean Carfax since there is no requirement for anything to be reported on RV's. So even if there was a problem the Carfax wouldn't show it.
Medico, congratulations on a fabulous looking coach and the guts to sell out and choose a life on the road. We're not there yet, but you never know!! I was surprised by what Mr. D said about the Carfax? We got one on ours and it showed registrations every year, liens of the previous owners, a fender bender in Nevada, title changes and what the year and mileage was when titles were changed, average miles driven per year, and the dates emission testings were done. If there's no requirement to report on RV's, then someone did an exceptional job reporting on ours?