Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #1

1st Class A

We just moved from a Lance slide in truck camper to a Class A coach. After some research from iRV2.com we decided to go with a Fleetwood Discovery. I now turn to these forums to learn more about our new coach, thanks for the help iRV.com.
Attached Images

jth camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations, be careful you don't get lost in your new MH.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What a move

Very great move, but You will enjoy the FLEETWOOD product.
All the best with your Class A Motorhome.

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #4

Thumbs up

I don't know, space could be an issue.

Wow, nice rig. Congrats and drive safe.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #5

congratulation its a great unit I have a 2006 and love it I'm sure that you will to enjoy every minute in it, Joe.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Wow thats quite a jump cant put this up on jacks
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
2011 allergo openroad

Picking her up tomorrow...our first!! Soooo excited!!!
Honey B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
2011 Allegro 35QBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey B View Post
Picking her up tomorrow...our first!! Soooo excited!!!
Were going to buy the 32...then after I saw the bunks for the grandkids,we changed our mind. I know that we will enjoy the 4 slideouts rather than the 3. The color changed too. Were getting sunlit sand,now we have Rocky mountain brown. whewwww.Glad the decision is finally over. Now to find a great towing system. (tow bar). Any idea's??
Honey B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser 38 View Post
Wow thats quite a jump cant put this up on jacks

I will not miss loading or unloading the Lance. It got to a point where I just always left it on the truck. I did't take the camper off in 2 years, just to avoid having to putting it back on.

I really like the "setting up" of the class A, I just push a few buttons and within 5 minutes my camp is all set up.

The Lance was was a 45 minute chore between: unhooking the hold downs, leveling, dropping the dinette and openning the the rear tent bed for the kids.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #10

Great looking rig. We've been sooping around the fleetwood line as well. What was the reasoning behind your choice if I may ask?
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #11

Floor plan. We looked at several coaches... Birkshire by forest river, Monticeto by Fourwinds, a Coachman gas rig and a lot of others I don't recall all of their names and models. But it was the floor plan of the Fleetwood Discovery that we really liked. Not to mention I got a super buy on the coach, they already had a few 2011's sitting on the lot and they were ready to deal.

We looked at so many coaches they all started to blend together. Bottom line was all of the rigs had a Cummins/Allison combo on either a Frighliner or Spartan chassis so it really came down to the floor plan.

We had 4 things on our list it must have to have: bunk beds, diesel pusher, automatic awnings and auto leveling. Most of the DP's have everything we wanted except bunk beds.

We only found 3 rigs with bunk beds and my wife really liked the floor plan.

We've been out with it twice and have not been disappointed. We've have a short list of little things that need to be corrected but nothing major.

Being my first class A coach I was a little disappointed with the "up hill zoom". I was spoiled by an overpowered Dodge Ram.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now that's what I call jumping in with both feet, what a nice choice, and welcome to IRV2, you will have a lot of questions, and you will find the answer here, someone somewhere has been through it. I envy you as well, what a nice Coach. Good luck, Happy trails, travel safe .
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
Now that's what I call jumping in with both feet, what a nice choice, and welcome to IRV2, you will have a lot of questions, and you will find the answer here, someone somewhere has been through it. I envy you as well, what a nice Coach. Good luck, Happy trails, travel safe .
David G.
Thanks, we look forward to getting out and using the new coach.

Both feet is just the start of it. I still have knots in my stomach. Even though I've already made the 1st payment and it was not all that bad, I'm still having buyers remorse...lol