Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #15

Is it hard to drive ?
doglover44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Tiffin. Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
Is it hard to drive ?
Well, I've only driven it four feet (had to pull it forward so I could open the bedroom without hitting a tree), but my husband says it's very easy to drive. Last weekend we followed a friend in his diesel truck pulling a 5th wheel and we had no problem keeping up with him on the long uphill grades. We haven't towed our Jeep with it yet (getting it outfitted next week for towing), but happy with the handling so far. He says it turns great and there's not a lot of sway.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #19

congrats

trying to follow in your footsteps.
we've located 2 lightly used models.
trying to make arrangements to go see them.

their pricing isn't far from what a new one would be, (if i shop out of state!)
so hoping they are very "negotiable."
we'll see!
rr
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:06 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice looking coach
corriente04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #21

Awesome floor plan, wish I would have found it first!! Have fun
brentclemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #22

Congratulations! We are in the process of purchasing a new 2018 32 SA. Heading to Kentucky to pick up next week! Will be driving from Michigan to Colorado this summer! Can't wait!!
Rspitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #23

Sumosprings?

Does it have the Sumosprings option?
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:39 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
Does it have the Sumosprings option?
I own a 2018 on the 24000 F53 chassis (it is also found on the 22000 chassis at some dealers). With the Sumo springs, from my perspective it drives fine. It is, of course, big. Make no bones about it. But it tracks fine, I have driven it through serious thunderstorms, been passed by a tow truck pulling a full 18 wheeler rig with big square 45 foot trailer on back, at 85mph + and we didn't end up off the road. You can feel something like that, but I didn't find it stressful to drive at all. It just goes down the road where you point it... I don't think you will be disappointed. Have not driven one without Sumo springs, however, so I can't comment on that that might behave...

Really nice floor plan. Well-built inside. Far more room than you would expect. Of course, it is a "32SA" but it is 34'3" long, so it is a big "32".
Old 04-30-2018, 10:18 PM   #25

I get to drive gassers made by Thor, Winnebago, Fleetwood, and Tiffin. You can see/feel a definite difference in quality with the Tiffin (and a huge difference in price). We were gassing up some A gassers at work today and the Bounders, Vistas, and Intents I drove couldn't hold a candle to the Allegro 34PA.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #26

We have had our 2017 Allegro 32SA since August 2017. Hubby and I went from TX to IA last July in our Winnebago Aspect for the weeklong rally. During the trip up and a couple nasty weather days during the rally, DH came to the conclusion that the B+ with its short queen was great for close-in, three or four day trips but was not going to cut it for the traveling we are going to be doing. After the rally, we headed to CO to visit our son and daughter-in-law and over the course of a couple days looking on line found our dream on-line class A at a LazyDays dealership in Aurora, CO. DH called and talked to a sales rep, letting him know that we were interested in looking and possibly buying but we were still a few days away. To make a long story short, a few days later we pulled into the dealership, fell in love, took possession 5 days later and are really loving it.

We have not done much traveling, aside from coming home to TX from CO, taking a trip from TX to Red Bay, AL to tour the factory and have some minor things fixed under warranty—what a great experience—and regularly monthly local maintenance drives to run the generator under load and give the “baby” some exercise. But we haven’t been idle either—in June we take off on a two month adventure, then it will be home long enough to recover, resupply, and repack to head to the Tiffin rally in VT.

From the driving side, I could (but not comfortably or confidently) drive our previous B+ (putting the the bulk-ok all the driving on DH); however, I love driving our Tiffin (on the open road, DH still gets stuck with the higher traffic spots). We flat-tow our 4-door Jeep Wrangler and it still drives like a dream. Sumo, yes. 24000 F53 chassis.

I have helped DH change the oil 2X and we have gotten it down to a system. Especially helpful is a drain plug replacement (DH found on-line) with a swivel valve so when it is time to drain the oil, we just attach a 3/8” diameter plastic hose to the drain cock, flip the swivel valve, and let the oil drain into the bucket—no oil spilling on the ground or spraying on vehicle chassis AND, best of all, no oil spilling all over us!! Generator oil change is a piece of cake and my personal duty. Only caution—when filling—pour slowly, be patient, AND watch carefully to prevent overfilling.

Hopefully some of this info will be helpful, but most of all—ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
One comment I have seen that can lead to a little trouble driving any motor home. You find lots of videos where the person talking discusses "picking reference points." IE go to a parking lot and line up with DS edge of coach right on a line. Then get in drivers seat, adjust it correctly, then look to see if you can locate some reference point that lines up. IE a wiper, a piece of trim on dash, end of wiper blade, etc. Something so that when you really need to know where you are on the road, you have a good reference. Repeat for the PS. Now you have two reference marks you want to keep inside your lane at all times.

Good idea. BUT. If you are not careful, you end up looking too close to the coach, and every gust of wind will cause you to correct, even if nothing happened except the BODY of the RV moved, while the frame tracked right where you want it. But if you correct, you get to instantly correct that correction... If you look down the road (get used to looking at a point where you can do the usual 1-mississippi 2-mississippi and get to somewhere between 5 and 7. Then you are looking far enough down the road you are not correcting something that doesn't need correcting. Then you begin to realize "This 32SA actually tracks right down the road and doesn't feel intimidating at all..." You have now "arrived" at driving the thing...

Hard to understand but some things take some time. IE learning to drive a really high-performance bass boat that will chine walk if you blink at the wrong time. And after a few days to a few months, suddenly that no longer happens and you don't even realize why...
Old 05-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just in case you get the itch to replace the L couch (many do) take a look at my post on how to remove it [HERE].
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, tiffin