Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, we are one of those contrarian couples in this tough economy who sold (privately)our 2002 Brave and purchased a 2007 (new) Adventurer 37B in 2008!
Picked the new rig up November. Looking forward to many great times in this rig! Am searching for help in reversing the bedroom door to open into the back bedroom if anyone can help.
Thanks!

gbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, we are one of those contrarian couples in this tough economy who sold (privately)our 2002 Brave and purchased a 2007 (new) Adventurer 37B in 2008!
Picked the new rig up November. Looking forward to many great times in this rig! Am searching for help in reversing the bedroom door to open into the back bedroom if anyone can help.
Thanks!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi gbanker: Although I only have a few more posts than you-welcome-you'll love this place! So much good info & great people!

I have an '05 Itasca Suncruiser 37B on the W24 and just love this layout. Problem is, as you mentioned, that bathroom area with 3 doors near each other. I never thought of reversing the swing on the bedroom door. I'm thinking it will hit against the bed when the slides are in won't it? Good luck & let me know if/how it works.

currently no toad
mygrayhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
gbanker;

Congratulations on your new Adventure. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Post often and let us know of your travel adventures. I am going to put a short cut on your post to the Winnebago Forum where you will receive more response I am sure.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi gbanker,
It can be done, several of us have, just flip the door and jamb trim. Everything will clear when using it. Can't remember which member right now, but if you search the photo section, one of the members has photos posted of the job being done on a 37B. And yes, it makes for a much better setup with the door out of the way.

The light switches for the bedroom will be behind the door, not a big inconvince, but they can also be relocated if desired.

HOWEVER, DO NOT--- bring the closet slide in without SHUTING the door FIRST! You will be surprised how fast that hydrolic pump will rip the door right off the frame.

I won't tell you how I know---but you'll never forget after the second time----

Welcome aboard,

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
gbanker,

I spent a lot of time thinking about how to change the bedroom door when we got our 37B in 04. I guess I suffered from paralysis by analysis because I moved on to other hair-brained schemes and left it alone. The result is: 4 years later, and while it sometimes gets in the way, we have gotten used to it. I thought about a design to make it a bi-fold door that wouldn't be in the way in the bathroom and wouldn't cover the light switch either. One thing I did do to it was replace the safety glass with clear plastic so I could cut out one panel at the bottom so the cat could pass thru with the door closed. That change did not seem to increase noise when the door is closed.

Good luck on your coach, we love the layout and have not found any others we like as well.

Dave
Old 12-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
You may want to consider the fact, that in an emergency, the door will swing into the bedroom rather than out.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #8

37b bedroom door
Old post on doing this.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
gbanker,

Congratulations and welcome to irv2.

We had the 37B prior to our current MH and loved it. IMHO, 37B bedroom layout (i.e. space) is the best we've seen and that includes our current model. Was planning on reversing the door but never got to it.

Having only posted a few times, I'm not sure how familiar you are with irv2. In addition to the Winnebago forum there is also a weekly Winnebago and Workhorse chat room where you can get some great info. Also I'm sure "Petro" would be glad to add some Winnebago karma just below your name.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Russo:
gbanker,

Congratulations and welcome to irv2.

Also I'm sure "Petro" would be glad to add some Winnebago karma just below your name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to. All you have to do is say YES
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Petro,
YES, give me the Karma!
Thanks to all who replied. Have been slow to get back on the forum, now looking forward to getting out in the new rig! March is here, and we are planning to go camping this month!!! Weather permitting in SD.....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello, It is a great time to buy a motor home. We purchased a New 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35L in Jan. 2009. Needless to say the dealer was anxious to sell the rig after having it on their lot 18 months. We have only used it once so far and love it. Compared to our 98 Southwind Storm its easy to love this rig.
Congratulations on your new Adventurer! From all of the research I have done on Winnebago I think we have made a good choice.

Happy RVing,
Jim
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome. You've found the right place for RVing information. Post a picture or two of your new rig, we'd love to see it.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Reversed door swing 37B

After two weekends of camping in the 07 Adventurer 37B, I pried off the trim and reversed the door frame into the bedroom. DW loves it so much it is like a new honeymoon!!
Was one of the simplest jobs I have tackled. When we got home, I did use my air brad nailer to put in a few extra finish brads.
Love the Adventurer!