Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
After a marathon eight hour PDI spread over 2 days, we got our new rig home this afternoon. Great rig. Love the Big Foot system: press a button and step back and watch the rig level itself.

I can tell when starting off that it's heavier than our previous Titanium, but with the hydraulic disc brakes, it stops much better.

Now we gotta get it loaded, go someplace and have some fun.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
After a marathon eight hour PDI spread over 2 days, we got our new rig home this afternoon. Great rig. Love the Big Foot system: press a button and step back and watch the rig level itself.

I can tell when starting off that it's heavier than our previous Titanium, but with the hydraulic disc brakes, it stops much better.

Now we gotta get it loaded, go someplace and have some fun.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Congrats on the new rig..... a two day PDI must be some sort of a record. Was everything OK? The site next to us emptied this morning, want to come down?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:04 AM   #4

Dave and Jo Ann......CONGRATS!!!! You'll have to post some pics so we can all check it out. Best of luck and Happy Travels.

Shaun and Amy

2000 Freightliner Sportchassis - 300 CAT, 6 speed Alison
Shaun and Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
Congrats on the new rig..... a two day PDI must be some sort of a record. Was everything OK? The site next to us emptied this morning, want to come down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Two days was a bit much. A lot of the time was spent with the tech fixing things as we went along. I don't think he was used to someone armed with a lengthy checklist. He admitted that he had skipped over a few things in advance of our arrival which he shouldn't have. He also wasn't as familiar as he should have been on some of the CE's features. Anyway, we finally brought it home. We'll have to take it back in a couple of weeks when some parts come in.

As to Spanish Main, I don't think I want to fight with their trees with a new rig
Old 02-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't think I want to fight with their trees with a new rig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heard that..... and I understand too. These trees ate up an awning on one of my new rigs here once.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Congrats Dave and Jo Ann !!!! I would love to see your check list as we are in the market for a new one sometime next year. I would not have got the one we now have if I had looked it over better. The roof and the axles would have made me walk away from the deal. We made the deal over the phone and internet. When we went to get it it was a hot day and we had to unload ours and move into the new one. We also had to take the truck to have the hitch put on and new break control. I will have to say Northwood was very good to us but it took two trips to Winchester, Va.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Tom,

I used the basic format found on this thread:
http://www.dasplace.net/PDI/pdi.html

I copied the verbiage there and then added to it for some of the features on our rig (for example: big foot, solar panel, surge management system, sat dish).

The dealer's PDI guy insisted on doing things in his own order which probably cost him extra time since I would check off items on my list and then make him do the items he didn't cover. As I mentioned, it took a total of eight hours over two days. Some minor items will require a trip back to the dealer and we still found a few items afterward that can probably be fixed at the same time.

We refused to even close on the deal until the PDI was nearly done. I think this gave the folks some additional incentive. We also refused to be rushed and when they said it was getting late, we said no problem, we'll come back tomorrow. I inspected the roof and the underside myself. The PDI could have gone quicker but the tech admitted that in his inspection in the days before we arrived that he skipped over some items claiming that NuWa products normally came in trouble-free. Uh-huh.

I think as we were leaving with our Champagne, the techs were probably breaking open a bottle of their own

If you want a copy of my checklist as modified, send me a PM. But the basic list I got from this site was well done.

Dave
Old 02-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Dave,
I have copied it and think that will be just fine. I will take it with us went we get another fiver.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #10

Dave & JoAnn
Now that you have had your new HitchHiker I sure hope you are enjoying it.
We have a 2004 35HH and have just spent 3 mo in it down in the RGV. We love the trailer just fine.
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #11

Hi Dave, great rig you have there!

Are you a member of the NuWa Owners Forum? I don't recall seeing your screen name over there. Great bunch of folks, with lots of good NuWa info!

Enjoy your new Champagne!

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote