Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #1

2013 Montana Mountaineer Edition 346LBQ

Just joined and here is our new 5er. We have been rv'ing since 2007 and this is our 4th 5er, first new one, and we are on our 3rd truck. Yes, we got bit by the bug real bad.

We picked it up on May 15th and have already spent 7 nights at a local campground in it. We head out to Jekyll Island on June 16th for a week as our first long trip. Extremely please with the layout and quality.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #2

You will find tons of good information on your unit on the Montana Owners Club site. It's free and very friendly.
Montana and Mountaineer Owners Campsite in Cyber Space
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to the forum! Great looking rig you have there! Congrats and enjoy your trip to Jekyll; we were there a couple of weeks ago. It's gnat season in GA.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations Very nice 5ver you have. Big one for sure- that looks like a dually you are hauling with, it would have to be! I loved our 5th wheel but I in 5 years of taking it on the road I could never manage to learn how to back it right. You look like a pro! I know the people at our first camping experience had to have pulled out their chairs for a good laugh. The Montana is a great rig and I know you will enjoy it so much. Have fun!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #5

My folks just took delivery of their custom ordered 346LBQ. Nice coach. I see they put the awning on yours in the right spot. Dad tried to get the factory to install theirs like that when it was ordered, and when it arrived it covers the two doors and the slide out, for the most part making it a usless option. Didn't come in with the bedroom air or the rear couch as ordered. Have a good dealer and they got everything corrected for them. Also when you walk on the carpet without shoes, you can feel the tack strips...never had that quality problem in the Alpenlite they traded. We went on a week-end trip with them and I will say that we had plenty of room for all 5 of us. I enjoyed the openess of the master bath, and having the half bath is nice too. It makes our Copper Canyon feef small! Our 5 yr old daughter really likes having her own room at Grandma and Grandpa's. I kinda think that's part of the reason they ordered it! Overall I think they like the coach.
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #6

Here's a pix of the folk's new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	532729_10150886449354303_2074798099_n.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	22124  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
You will find tons of good information on your unit on the Montana Owners Club site. It's free and very friendly.
Montana and Mountaineer Owners Campsite in Cyber Space
Thanks, I joined when we started looking at Montanas.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #8

Trent,

I noticed the awning placement when we first started looking at them. They started like on you parents, then moved it forward of the rear door but still over kitchen slide. We were very surprised and happy that ours was moved forward. I haven't noticed any problem with tack strips. One thing you didn't mention was the swing of the bunkroom door. Ours and all the ones I've looked at online have the door swinging into the bunkroom which allows it to be opened very little and certainly not far enough for an adult to get in when the sleeper sofa is out in the bedroom. I changed mine to swing into the living room to solve that problem and emailed Montana about it. If you do this mod, it's pretty simple and you do have to be sure the door is completely shut before bringing in the living room slide. I have also added a second tv on the loft at the foot of the bed and made a wooden ladder to replace the metal one. I had a wooden ladder from the kids bunk at home that works perfectly on the other bunk. The second tv is hooked up to the first tv via aux out with a dvd player going into the aux in so right now it only works when watching movies. I plan on putting a splitter in and running coax to second tv eventually which will allow it to play tv channels also. We love the layout especially the penisula in the kitchen. It has the most counterspace we could find in a bunkhouse. Hope your parents enjoy theirs as much as we enjoy ours.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #9

They changed their door too before it ever left the dealer! I think they like it....only had it out acouple times. I know we had a great time when we went with them. They are looking forward to taking their grandaughter on trips with them. Nice thing is if we just want to take their coach we all have plenty of space. I'm sure Dad will be thrilled that they are capable of installing the awning the right way.....just not on ours! Wishing you many years of safe travels! Trent
Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #10

I guess I spoke outta turn....dealer hasn't changed the door yet, but Dad said he was going to get that done...I've only been in it once and that was when it had the lower bunk in place of the sofa bed. Dad wanted to see pix of your coach as he is fixing to fill out the Keystone customer satisfaction survey.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #11

We're in Jekyll and would be glad too when we get home. Ours came off production line May 8th. PM me an email address and let me know if he wants a picture of anything in particular.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #12

Thanks! I just saved your pix direct from here. We're in the middle of wheat harvest here, so it'll be awhile yet before he has time to send anything to Keystone. We're hoping to be finished by Thurs, and then take the kids to the lake this week-end.