Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
excellent

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmeyer32 View Post
I found some caulk at one of the camp stores. I caulked around where the wall meets the shower base. I will wait till tonight to make sure that's the answer... , but so far so good. Makes me nervous when its coming out from behind the fire place.
I looked at mine today and can see that it isn't sealed at all either. It's probably that you were a little low in the front of the coach and that's why it ran foreword. Good luck tonight.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #45

Well 3 showers and its leaking just as bad. No luck with the caulk. Tomorrow i will make some leveling adjustments... If this doesn't work i guess back to dealer. Frustrating dealer is 60 miles away.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, always frustrating to have to bring it to a dealer for something that they should have been able to get right the first time. It's probably something like they forgot to glue the drain pipe.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #47

Never did respond back. I did raise the front end and i didn't have any more leaks under the fire place. Guess I don't understand why that should make a difference, but it did. Thanks for the tip. Put 2584 miles on last week. That was my only problem. Guess i can't complain.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
That wasn't suggested as a fix but more of a reason it was flowing towards the front. Now that the front is elevated, it's most likely still leaking but not running foreword. If you don't find it, your sub floor will soon begin to rot away. You read stories here all the time where people buy a used MH and find issues with water damage that's hidden. Did you pop out the perforated disc covering the drain and poke around down there to see if a pipe had come loose?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #49

No i didn't.. However i will tonight. Will get back to you.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #50

Can't feel anything in there... Still water in the trap also... Guess just make an Appt to get looked at. Thor is very difficult to get a hold of. Not sure how others view there customer service.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #51

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
If the obvious issue of the drain connection at the shower floor isn't loose then I would suspect that the shower would need to be pulled out unless there's access to the plumbing from below.

The shower walls are a wrap so there aren't any seams to leak. The bottom has side wall flanges that go up and behind the walls by quite a bit so I doubt that would allow water out.

Depending on your height and if the top edge of the shower wall was completely sealed or not would be the only reason to think water were running down between the shower wall and the supporting wall of the MH. Something to look at at least.

Next time you take a shower, lay a towel or paper towels across the floor along the entire edge of the door opening and see if it's running out from the front door opening. I know my Outlaw leaked quite a bit from the door opening.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #52

I am 6'2 tall. I finally got a hold of Thor. I checked the access panel to the plumbing fixture. Doesn't Appear to be water stains.
Now you got me wondering if its my height. I am afraid i take it in and they find nothing and charge me.

Thor found a closer place for me to take it.its a General. I bought from a camping world.. How ever had crap service from them and it is further away. This is my first coach. I have a lot to Learn obviously.

Would you just be safe then sorry and take it in? If you weren't mechanical incline?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
First, look at the top of the shower insert and see if it's got a good seal of chalk all around the perimeter. To think that that step were missed during the build isn't unbelievable. Being as tall as you are do you need to remove the hand held shower to rinse? If you do and the top of the insert isn't sealed I would guess it's where the water is coming from. I would also suspect the lower edge of the door as a point of a leak.

If you bring it in and they can't point to a warranty repair then they will be charging you.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #54

Ok now ya got me feeling like an idiot. I came back out and checked the top again. Cause of the height thing. The centers of two of the walls are bowing in. Caulk had broke away. The gap is close to a 1/2 inch on 1 wall. I am now 90% that this was the problem.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #55

Also there is a very small leak at the bottom of the door around the hinge area. I don't have the coach level so that may fix that issue. Now i just have to figure or how to push the shower walls in and re caulk.. I really appreciate all your help!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm just happy to save you a trip to the repair facility.

Trying to get the wall and insert to meet will be the most difficult part and something I doubt you'll be very successful in doing. Your simplest solution would be to fill it in with chalk. You may not be able to do it in one pass but rather to fill it part of the way and let it dry, then again, and again until you can bridge the gap. Each time keeping the bulk of the chalk inside the gap so it doesn't build up too much and look ugly.

Tags
thor