Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #1

2015 cyclone 4200 pros/cons

The ole lady and I just closed on a barely used 2015 cyclone 4200 HD series. Got it for 20k less than it books for so I feel like we got a pretty good deal on it. We will be picking it up on Saturday 18th in the morning, happy Father's Day to me haha. Anyways anyone with input for advice/pros/cons anything please chime in. Also a new member to this forum as of 5 min ago so still figuring this out.
Cyc4200john is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #2

John:

Congrats, just make sure you have enough truck to safely tow/stop that rig. Then enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy some more.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

Congrats but that's not a camper it's a mobile home LOL enjoy.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #4

Lanny: yes sir I work in the oil and gas and have Cdl A and have driven just about everything. Even have some time on the ice roads off the Arctic Ocean in northern Alaska and it is as sketchy as it sounds. I have a 2008 ram 3500 crew cab dually 4x4 6 speed manual, fully deleted, efi live, dual disc clutch, 5inch exhaust. Just installed new brake controller and found/fixed air leak in my ride rite air bags on the rear. The only concerns I have are I'm running 35's mud tires, and the dual disc clutch is really grabby. And that trailer is heavy.
Cyc4200john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyc4200john View Post
The ole lady and I just closed on a barely used 2015 cyclone 4200 HD series. Got it for 20k less than it books for so I feel like we got a pretty good deal on it. We will be picking it up on Saturday 18th in the morning, happy Father's Day to me haha. Anyways anyone with input for advice/pros/cons anything please chime in. Also a new member to this forum as of 5 min ago so still figuring this out.
Congratulations. we loved our Cyclone and miss some of it's attributes. As a previous Cyclone 4100 owner, I would say No. 1 in importantance is to make sure it has good tires. If it has Powerking Towmax tires on it, get rid of them immediately. They (Heartland) made a switch somewhere in your timeframe, to G rated tires, because of the huge number of tire failures. Hopefully yours already has the upgrade. BTW, I towed my 4100 for 17K mi with Michellin XPS Ribs and I would do the same all over again. The grand slam would be 17.5" tires and wheels for that monster.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Congratulations. we loved our Cyclone and miss some of it's attributes. As a previous Cyclone 4100 owner, I would say No. 1 in importantance is to make sure it has good tires. If it has Powerking Towmax tires on it, get rid of them immediately. They (Heartland) made a switch somewhere in your timeframe, to G rated tires, because of the huge number of tire failures. Hopefully yours already has the upgrade. BTW, I towed my 4100 for 17K mi with Michellin XPS Ribs and I would do the same all over again. The grand slam would be 17.5" tires and wheels for that monster.
Diddo on what he said! MAKE SURE NO PowerKing TowMax tires on it. We too had a Cyclone 4100 K which was great. Had to invest in Goodyear G614's after blowout. Once we pulled them the tech showed me that 5 of 6 were about to blow. Luckily the tire company sent me a decent check for them. Make sure if new tires are needed you check the back of the rim for 110 psi rating and not 85 if you are going to run the good tires.

ptysonjr is offline   Reply With Quote