Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #1

2016 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43 DF

After 9 years with our Monaco Knight, we made the decision to upgrade units to accommodate our growing children, and to gain several nice amenities.

The washer/dryer, residential fridge, dishwasher, and half bath were at the top of my wife's list.

I was more interested in the tag axle passive steer, the extra horse power, and independent front suspension.

After picking it up this week, I have to say that we are thoroughly impressed with the unit. The smoothness of the ride, the engine power, the quiet generator, and the lack of rattling while underway top my list so far.

Only time will tell the reliability of the coach, but I feel that we are off to a great start so far. Both of my previous coaches (2007 monaco knight, and a 2005 Gulf Stream Endura) had issues at delivery.

I have been waiting pessimistically for any issues to show themselves, so that I can avoid the disappointment if and when they do. So far so good though.

We looked at American Coach, and some Tiffin Models, but feel that we found an excellent price point for the value we received.

Keeping our fingers crossed, and will let you know how our first trip to Florida goes next month.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice congrats! I'm really happy that Fleetwood/Allied revived this brand, and they look amazing online!

Glad to hear a report that in person, they are no less impressive.

Interesting history tid bit - at one time, Holiday Rambler was owned by Harley Davidson

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Nice congrats! I'm really happy that Fleetwood/Allied revived this brand, and they look amazing online!

Glad to hear a report that in person, they are no less impressive.

Interesting history tid bit - at one time, Holiday Rambler was owned by Harley Davidson

Fleetwood doesn't have anything to do with HR or and of the other Allied brands. Allied 's RV group is now known as REV RV group. They have been playing musical names for sometime now. The 4 current RV brands share a lot of infrastructure but maintain brand separation with marketing and design personnel for each brand. REV recently sold the Beaver name to a private group. It will be interesting to see if the Beaver brand is revived.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Fleetwood doesn't have anything to do with HR or and of the other Allied brands. Allied 's RV group is now known as REV RV group. They have been playing musical names for sometime now. The 4 current RV brands share a lot of infrastructure but maintain brand separation with marketing and design personnel for each brand. REV recently sold the Beaver name to a private group. It will be interesting to see if the Beaver brand is revived.
REV Group (formally Allied Specialty Vehicles) is an American market leading manufacturer in Fire & Emergency, Recreational Vehicles, and Bus & Industrial, formed in 2010 by American Industrial Partners' merging of four companies: Collins Industries (buses and ambulances), E-One (firetrucks), Halcore Group and Fleetwood Enterprises (RVs).The company has yearly revenue of over $1 billion. The company is led by Timothy Sullivan, CEO, formerly of Bucyrus International.[1] Allied Specialty Vehicles changed its name to REV Group on November 1st, 2015.In May 2013, Holiday Rambler was sold by Navistar International Corp. to Allied Specialty Vehicles.[5]
Old 06-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #5

Passive steer tag & independent front suspension

The handling of the passive steer tag was even better than described. We took a 300 mile trip to test everything out, and I was blown away by the ease of steering, and lack of resistance both forward and in reverse.

Additionally, we experienced no sway with our Jeep towed behind us. Also, we really enjoyed the front independent suspension, it was sooooo much nicer than the straight axle ride.

Tags
holiday rambler