Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #1

2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z

We are excited to finally have our own Coach.

We started off with a gas coach since it fit into our budget.

We looked at probably 20 - 30 different coaches and floorplans.

This was the 2nd coach we looked at and after viewing all the rest kept saying to each other........"Sunova so far".

Love the floorplan of this coach.

The Van Note's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160801_120647-1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	137865   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016_Winnebago_Sunova_36Z.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	137866  

Name:	sv-f2b-16.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	471.0 KB
ID:	137867   Click image for larger version

Name:	sv-b2f-16.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	555.7 KB
ID:	137868  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #2

Nice coach, we enjoy ours.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:02 AM   #3

Looking good,enjoy and have fun. I like the the photo of the misses AND THIS COULD BE YOURS IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Nice coach, we enjoy ours.
Thanks.

Any words of advice?

Do's and dont's?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Did you look at the option for a washer/dryer hookup?

We looked at several 36Z's on our trip out west but never found one with the option installed.

No W/D is a deal breaker for us. One salesman told us they converted the 1/2 bath for a W/D hookup (think they took out the toilet). I didn't like that option...
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Beautiful coach.... Love the colors. Only thing I would really like is a king size bed... Then it would be perfect. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice coach. Floor plan is very attractive and practical. I like it.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPFulltimers View Post
Did you look at the option for a washer/dryer hookup?

We looked at several 36Z's on our trip out west but never found one with the option installed.

No W/D is a deal breaker for us. One salesman told us they converted the 1/2 bath for a W/D hookup (think they took out the toilet). I didn't like that option...
Our CW salesman told us if we were to order from the factory and optioned for the smaller electric/propane fridge, it would make the pantry area big enough for a W/D install. I wouldn't even consider that. We love the residential fridge and pantry area the way it is.

We bought an 8' x 16' enclosed trailer to primarily bring our Ultra Limited along with us but decided to also install cabinets and a work station for my wife's crafts and include a stackable W/D as well. Will be adding 110V power and a 2" drain pipe for the washer straight down through the floor to a dump valve I can quick connect and run with a sewer hose to the drain when in use. She's loving the idea.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160806_104800.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	138087  
Old 09-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
Beautiful coach.... Love the colors. Only thing I would really like is a king size bed... Then it would be perfect. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
We thought the same thing as well since we normally sleep on a king size bed but like the queen as well.

Actually has more walking space on both sides of the bed and larger end tables.

Nothing wrong with having to sleep closer together either........
Old 09-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Looking good,enjoy and have fun. I like the the photo of the misses AND THIS COULD BE YOURS IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.
Right........all of her Facebook friends said the same thing. Lol
Old 09-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvannote View Post
Our CW salesman told us if we were to order from the factory and optioned for the smaller electric/propane fridge, it would make the pantry area big enough for a W/D install. I wouldn't even consider that. We love the residential fridge and pantry area the way it is.

We bought an 8' x 16' enclosed trailer to primarily bring our Ultra Limited along with us but decided to also install cabinets and a work station for my wife's crafts and include a stackable W/D as well. Will be adding 110V power and a 2" drain pipe for the washer straight down through the floor to a dump valve I can quick connect and run with a sewer hose to the drain when in use. She's loving the idea.
Will you be putting in a water heater or just do cold water washes?
Old 09-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Will you be putting in a water heater or just do cold water washes?
Gordon,

I have several options/possibilities for the water hookup but won't be installing a hot water heater in the trailer.

● Since we have an outside shower with hot and cold running water, I could tap into those water lines and create 3/4" hose connections. Install those connections into the face of that compartment by the others and run two seperate hoses to the trailer if needing both hot and cold seperately.

● Or since the outside shower has its own mixing/seperate temperature knobs, I could run one line from the output of the shower, run that to the washer and "T" that hose at the washer so it can be hooked up to both the cold and hot water connections at the washer. The temperature adjustment would then be controlled at the shower. It wouldn't matter the setting made on the washer itself then.

● Or just simply "T" off after our filter (and soon to have softener) at the outside connection and run one to the coach and the other to the trailer.

I think I'll leave the decision up to the wife without informing her of the details. If it's important enough to her to have hot water, I'll be using one of these options.

I know there may be some that will question whether or not we will have enoungh hot water to do this if we decide to but our experience with our water heater has been pretty good compared to what others have experienced with theirs that I've read about on these same forums. Yes, we have a 10 gallon heater but I've taken complete showers myself and then turned on the water in the living room sink and still find 120 degree hot water. We have yet to time and see just how long it takes before it goes cold.

I'm getting a softener soon since this is a new coach. I want to make sure the water/plumbing/fixtures are taken care of asap.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #13

Some images of our first trip a few weeks back in our Sunova.

We had a great time. The weather (rain) spoiled the final half of our last day but all in all, we had a great time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160813_112247.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	138296   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_151343.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	351.7 KB
ID:	138297  

Tags
itasca, winnebago