Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2018 Discovery LXE 40G

Just bought a new 2018 Discovery LXE 40G going to pick it up this Friday or Monday. Any one have any helpful tips I need to look at on my walk through. Will post some pictures after I pick it up. I trade in my 2007 Sport chassis truck and my 2014 Voltage 3818 toy hauler for it
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #2

My personal opinion is to overnight camp at the dealer and make a list of everything wrong and leave it there.

We bought a new holiday rambler 40g this summer and had a list of mostly small things that needed fixed. Still have those things wrong because dealer is 30 to 45 days out. Once u sign the papers and leave you are a nobody to them.
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis429 View Post
Just bought a new 2018 Discovery LXE 40G going to pick it up this Friday or Monday. Any one have any helpful tips I need to look at on my walk through. Will post some pictures after I pick it up. I trade in my 2007 Sport chassis truck and my 2014 Voltage 3818 toy hauler for it
Please let us know how things go.

We are about to purchase a new Discovery LXE 40E. For the money, this MH seems to offer a lot.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We picked up our 2017 lxe 40D in April and love it. We had some minor issues that we mostly simple fixes the dealer took care of before we left. I'm assuming the 2018 had the Truma Aquago water heater. It is a fantastic system but I would have the dealer show you where all the controls are and how to use it if you are not familiar. On our coach the is a control her the bathroom sink, on/off on the Firefly system and on/off on the unit outside. That was really the only confusing thing that encountered. Other than that we've had no issues and been quite happy.
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I picked it up dealer had to fix a couple of little things nothing major. The Truma water heater giving me a little trouble if I turn it off on the firefly panel then go to turn it back on it will not come on I have to turn the knob to off and wait 5 seconds then turn it back on but I'm not sure if that is normal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	179891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1779.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	179892  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	179893   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1776.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	179894  

Old 10-14-2017, 10:54 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
nice ride, congrats!
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #7

Awesome I like it
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very nice! Congrats, enjoy and many happy miles to you!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #9

Nice, we picked up a 2014 40G a few months ago and we love it! Works out perfect for our family of 4
Nathan951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #10

Congrats!

Congratulations! We’ve been eyeing the 40G ourselves as a potential upgrade for our Bounder Classic 34B. Enjoy!
EricBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #11

Make sure you join the Discovery Owners group...I'm looking for the link. We have sent emails to the group in the middle of a trip, when we encountered a problem, and we always get help. We have a great rally coming up in January at Lazy Days in Tampa. Found the link...Discovery owners.com. Welcome to the Discovery family!
Fulltime and loving it!
lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsw9658 View Post
Make sure you join the Discovery Owners group...I'm looking for the link. We have sent emails to the group in the middle of a trip, when we encountered a problem, and we always get help. We have a great rally coming up in January at Lazy Days in Tampa. Found the link...Discovery owners.com. Welcome to the Discovery family!
Thank you that was one of the first clubs I joined.

Dennis
Old 11-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #13

Discovery 40E.

We bought a 2017 XLE 40E in January 2017, this was our second motorhome and expected to have a much easier time with this one. on our first major trip to San Antonio, the king bed failed to raise and spent 3 hours in the coach tearing the thing apart while my wife kept the mattress out of my way. luckily I had the tools and had to call REV on the phone to .them talk me through disconnecting the sensor so the slides would come in. Results were that they have this heavy steel frame that moves back and forth and its attached to basically 3/4 plywood. They fixed it (back the same way) but now I know it is a weakpoint and will keep an eye on it. .

Second major issue is the backsplashes in the kitchen and both baths, they are heavy and thick and installed with Silicone, when (not if) they fall down you have to glue them back up. The piece in the kitchen almost hit my wife's arm but we got lucky. In the 1/2 bath the backsplash was forced in and buckled, separating the wall between the bath and bedroom. It is in General RV getting repaired.

Look I have owned motorhomes and if you don't love tinkering with them and fixing the small things you probably shouldn't have one. The coach drives great, smooth with a 380 Cummins, REV is a truck company so I sort of expected this, they are weak with some of the inside pieces. Attended the
Ramblin Pushers maintenance session which is a rally held in early may at Goshen, Indiana, not far from the a.ssembly plant. encourage every REV owner to attend this session, the best I have attended. Classes all week are mixed in with the social stuff and the REV execs are there and answer questions and help you with the tough stuff. Call 866-208-7411 or website
Ramblin Pushers - HRRVC Chapter 419 if interested.

Lets face it, the manufacturers and dealers are not on the same wavelength. I feel for General RV when I see what they have to go through to get a warranty repair. My coach has been sitting for 3 weeks and my service writer tells me its been in "warranty" for over a week which is where they contact REV and go back and forth on how much they will get to make the repair and all of this is done before they order parts. .

REV is addressing the issue somewhat in that they have opened 3-4 service centers of their own around the country for buyers of their coaches. This is probably the right directions. THe dealers want the work but the relationship is just bad.
dieselrv08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's unfortunate that a better relationship between the factory and the dealers doesn't exist. I didn't realize dealers had to have all repairs approved. One would think that the factory would give them latitude to make any necessary repair up to some predetermined amount. This is basically how the auto industry works. By far the greatest majority of warranty repairs are completed and paid for by the factory without any prior approval. Of course there are items that still do require prior approval but it's not a major portion. If a better system were adopted by the manufacturers it might go a long way towards cutting down on a lot of the long wait times we keep hearing about.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery