Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #1

97 Georgie Boy

Picked this up 2 years ago to replace a 21' class c we were feeling too cramped in.

A bit older but in (mostly!) great shape. It's not a Provost, but then I work for a living.... lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	225788_2127900430766_6518722_n.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	23409  

Martinsburg West Virginia
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #2

more...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6532.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	23410  

Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Does seem to be in good shape. Georgie Boy builds a good MH. I had a 1990 Cruise Master (JohnDeere chassis, Ford 460) for 10 yrs and traded that on my new at the time Landau. Been happy with both.

Georgie Boy was bought by Coachmen, they still have some info on the GBM motorhomes. If you need an Owners Manual. http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/14218502.pdf

Welcome to IRV2 and enjoy your new Georgie Boy...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nice looking rig! Congrats.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
In that second PIC, hands on hip looks like someone is finding out the finer points of camping, rules and regs. Jim
Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #6

So "you work for a living"? I'm guessing most on this forum regardless of their actual job have worked hard for many years to own their RV's. Yes some at higher incomes than others--so what? Not sure if your suggesting the only folks that work hard are "craft" folk or hands on labor? If so, I'll speak for myself--I find that rather condescending and offensive to all those that had a different line of work and still busted their balls every day to make a living!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
So "you work for a living"? I'm guessing most on this forum regardless of their actual job have worked hard for many years to own their RV's. Yes some at higher incomes than others--so what? Not sure if your suggesting the only folks that work hard are "craft" folk or hands on labor? If so, I'll speak for myself--I find that rather condescending and offensive to all those that had a different line of work and still busted their balls every day to make a living!
TOUCHY, TOUCHY, TOUCHY

Come on, give it a break. You have to admit that for some folks it is easy to rattle off the importance of 40+, Tag Axle, DP, and whatever you might find on some very EXPENSIVE rigs. (I'm not begrudging anyone for being able to afford those.) I will not try to speak for the OP and the intent of his comment but...I for one can see someone trying to justify an entry level rig in a similar manner.

There must be some of the new folks that are feeling a little conscious of their status based on what they have vs some of the wonderful rigs they see. Some of those might feel the need to justify a "modest" rig. Hell, sometimes I feel DP envy and wonder if some of the big rig owners think they are superior. Fortunately, I don't think it is many and if they do, I don't give a hoot anyway. Not even gonna go into the Class A vs. the rest comparisons either.

The OP is new to the forums. Thanks for making him/her feel welcome. Ya feel better now?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandler62 View Post
more...
Welcome to IRV2!

The second picture makes me think about something I hadn't thought about as clearly as before. I know I like the mid entry door because we have 2 GSDs and getting them in and out of a front door and around the copilot seat, like most DP have, would seem to be a problem some times. With the member of your family that uses a wheel chair, I would think that a front entry would be a major problem. Not that it couldn't be worked around but given a choice, is your selection of a mid entry point a prime consideration of what you look for in a MH for ease of access? I would also think for someone with mobility challenges the mid entry door would be easier to navigate in an emergency too.

Thanks for sharing. Nice rig.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #9

Nice coach. It looks a lot like our 2001 Cruisemaster. We bought ours because we really liked the floor plan and it has a full pass thru basement. I was a little disappointed there isn't a GB owners forum on IRV2 but since ours is a DP with a freightmaster chassis most problems that apply to other coaches with the FM chassis apply to ours as well.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I agree with your statement but I think the OP was being light hearted when he made the comment followed by LOL I do not think he was trying to be condescending
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #11

Quote:

Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #12

Looks nice! My Grandparents have a 99 Cruise Air, looks very much like yours.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #13

Must'a really been sleepy last night, Meant to say GB Cruisemaster DP with Freightliner chassis. It was just one of those days!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #14

"I work for a living" is a phrase I picked up in the service. It refers to the status of non-coms who receive less pay and recognition than jr officers with far less experience. Of course, like all employment, the driving force in pay is scarcity, not perceived merit.

It's a common phrase from my background, not a chosen slight.

I do apologize if someone felt slighted but it was never intended in such a way and I had no expectation that anyone would take it as such. I really meant nothing more than "this is what I can afford. If I had greater means I would have a 43' DP with 3 slides and a generator that would run everything in the coach on a hot day but since I don't earn enough to buy something like that I take my family in vacation in this."

I'm unclear how it was a slight on anyone but perhaps me for not having managed to achieve greater resources but I repeat my apology if that was how it came across.