Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
After 2 1/2 years looking

It's been a long time coming. We have so much to learn, buying from an individual we did not get much training. We do have the manuals. Being a first time owner much of it does not make since. Can anyone tell me a good way to get more training? It is a Fleetwood Excursion 33a
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Judy
Nonnaof Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've owned our current coach for 7 years and on almost every extended trip I'll pull out the manual and review and/or research topics I am interested in.

Searching the forums on IRV2 is a good start. List what kind of questions or concerns you have and do some searches. Lots of good info and in most cases there will be links to good info.

Also search Youtube, they seem to have video's posted on almost every topic.

Create a library of the above information for future reference. I have a file directory for my coach by area >>> engine, chassis, electric etc. Monaco provides a datasheet that has most of the major components used on the rig. I've collected info on each of these, manuals & parts list and troubleshooting info. Never know when you may need the info and you may not internet access when you need it. I have this on 2 separate computers plus backed up.

Check on other groups, I belong to 2 separate groups on Yahoo, both provide pertinent info.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You'll have to post some pictures so we can all share in your joy. Read, read, read. Camp in your driveway or near home, most of it will make sense once you are using the systems. Good luck, and have a great season.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
What I would add is to create checklists or the more important tasks like winterizing and delete winterizing. They can be typed out on a computer or put into a checklist ap that can run on your phone. The manuals can only provide so much information. As has been said asking here will give you lots of info as well
Old 05-08-2016, 12:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnaof Two View Post
It's been a long time coming. We have so much to learn, buying from an individual we did not get much training. We do have the manuals. Being a first time owner much of it does not make since. Can anyone tell me a good way to get more training? It is a Fleetwood Excursion 33a
Judy
That is a huge question as a class A diesel pusher is a complicated machine. However you can break up your search for knowledge to not get overwhelmed. When I was at camping world last I noticed they offered a service of a educational walk through. Search for reviews on local dealers/ service centers and see of they will help educate you. I have the same coach so feel free to msg me and I will try to help. I have healthy mechanical background in large equipment. 9 years a firefighter and 6 years repairing transit busses. Im new to motorhomes but not to RV's

best of luck and congratulations!
Jason_Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got Freightliner? If so, Camp Freightliner.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:16 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Depending on what type of training you'd like, asking an experienced RV'er over to show you some of the ropes is another possibility.

Where in NM are you located Judy (city)? (asking as I'm currently a bit south of ABQ for the next few weeks) EDIT: Nevermind, see it now.....
Old 05-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnaof Two View Post
Judy
Join an FMCA motor home club. Fun and helpful.

https://www.fmca.com/join-family-mot...sociation.html
Old 05-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Larsen View Post
That is a huge question as a class A diesel pusher is a complicated machine. However you can break up your search for knowledge to not get overwhelmed. When I was at camping world last I noticed they offered a service of a educational walk through. Search for reviews on local dealers/ service centers and see of they will help educate you. I have the same coach so feel free to msg me and I will try to help. I have healthy mechanical background in large equipment. 9 years a firefighter and 6 years repairing transit busses. Im new to motorhomes but not to RV's

Now that like just what I need. I don't currently know any RV'ers.
Thanks so much.
Judy
Old 05-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Larsen View Post

Thank you, that is good advice. I head up North on Saturday near the Denver area. I plan to have a service done at that time before heading to Wyoming. I'll try and get a training session at that Time.