Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Any Other Alto (or Safari Condo) Owners Out There

We purchased an Alto this summer from Can-Am RV in London, Ontario, and made the trip back to North Carolina via Vermont. The photo was taken at Button Bay State Park in Vermont, on the shore of Lake Champlain.

Any other Alto (or other Safari Condo models) owners out there?

Leslie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140709_202809.jpg
Views:	4439
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	70461  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #4

Safari owners

Hi Leslie,
I just joined specifically to reply to you. I am very interested in the Safari trailers and have not had much luck in finding current owners in the US. I am very interested in your impressions both pro/con. Did buy from the factory without first seeing them here in the US?

If there is a private way of messaging here, I would be happy to give you my phone number so that we could speak about the trailer.
Thanks!
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudzu Ashevi View Post
We purchased an Alto this summer from Can-Am RV in London, Ontario, and made the trip back to North Carolina via Vermont. The photo was taken at Button Bay State Park in Vermont, on the shore of Lake Champlain.

Any other Alto (or other Safari Condo models) owners out there?

Leslie
daimlersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #5

I am very interested in the Alto as well. Please share your experience with yours.

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #6

Sam,

I suspect there is a way to message, but I haven't figured it out yet.

We bought our Alto from Can-Am RV in London, Ontario (near Detroit)--and probably very convenient to you RV Wannabe. We worked with Steve who was very helpful, and we had a great overall experience with Can-Am. They installed our brake controller and weight-distributing hitch. Please tell Steve Leslie says "Hi" if you get in touch. Can-Am is a dealership you can order from, but we ended up buying a 2013 demo model from them. I had contacted the factory dealership last spring and was told if we ordered one, it would be ready in November, but because of winter weather, they didn't recommend picking it up until May.

We decided to go ahead and purchase this one so we could start using it. While we were considering ordering a new one, Denis, the English-speaking factory sales rep did give us contact info. for someone in a neighboring state so we could look at theirs, and that was huge in helping us make our decision.

After we had ordered, we connected with a couple who own a Safari Condo van and they stopped in Asheville on their way back to Quebec to meet us. They were very gracious and seem to have made good friends through the annual Safari Condo gathering in Quebec, and had good things to say about the owners and company.

We are in Asheville, North Carolina and you are welcome to check it out, if you happen to be in our region or passing through.

As for pros and cons, we have been very happy thus far. I think the pros/cons would relate more to what you're looking for and how you use it. We needed/wanted something lightweight that we could tow with our Honda Odyssey, and compared to other lightweight travel trailers we saw, we like the light and open feel. The large bed was a big selling-point for us, as well as not needing to crawl over each other if we have to get up during the night. It also had to sleep at least 3 since we have an 8 year old daughter.

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Leslie
Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are interior pictures an option? We wanna see!
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #8

Hi Leslie,
Thank you for your reply! I am glad you are enjoying your trailer. I called Can-Am and told Steve that you referred me to him. He sends a very friendly hello back!

One of my largest concerns was servicing the trailer and he reassured me about using US RV service places and dealers and that eased my mind quite a bit.

It sounds like your family's needs and ours are very similar. We are a family of 3 and our son is 4. We want to stay with smaller and lighter trailers so that my wife can tow it if she is doing a trip without me.

It sounds like you very fortunate to buy the demo model. They no longer have any trailers left and any order placed now are looking at April/May delivery. So the reality is that we will be pushed into buying the T@b for now (our second choice) and upgrading to a Safari at a later time.

I would love to stop by and see your trailer some time. We will be traveling to the Ashville area the first weekend in October for the Overland Expo East weekend. See the following link as it may be of interest for you and your family:
Overland Expo EAST — Overland Expo

If it is, perhaps we could meet up there as well.
Best,
Sam
daimlersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimlersam View Post
I would love to stop by and see your trailer some time. We will be traveling to the Ashville area the first weekend in October for the Overland Expo East weekend.
Sam,

It looks like we will be out of town that weekend. Let me know if you travel back to the area sometime!

Leslie
Old 08-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBell View Post
I will post some soon KoolBell. War Eagle!

Leslie
Old 08-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBell View Post
Here are a few!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140710_220119.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	70717   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140713_145142.jpg
Views:	2579
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	70718  

Name:	20140809_095519.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	70719   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140809_095647.jpg
Views:	4044
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	70720  

Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #12

We got our 1713 from Can-Am in April and have just gotten back from a month in the West. Do yo have solar panels? We have lots of questions and hope we have found a forum where we can share info with other condo lovers.
CinciAlto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #13

We picked our R1713 up just outside of Quebec City on Sept 5. We're loving it so far!
kpalmster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #14

Check out Altoistes Group on Facebook

CinciAlto and kpalmster (and any other Alto enthusiasts),

If you're on Facebook, check out the Altoistes group. If you can't join, send me a message and I'll try to add you.

Leslie