Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #15

Nice looking rig, someday when we upgrade from our class c it will be to a super c
elite wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsrtrider View Post
What is the horsepower ,torque and tow capacity? Nice looking rig!
Dsrtrider, Engine is Cummins ISL9 - 350Hp out of the box, Chassis is a Freightliner M2, Transmission is Allison TRV3299 6 speed. Tow rating is 20,000 lbs. Length is 40".
chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diginomad View Post
Looking good, chip. 150 gallon fresh water tank. The ultimate boondocker. Serious towing capacity too.
diginomad, Yes, You get it. Also the reason for a Rubicon toad. LOL.

We'll add additional off grid items as time goes by and the need becomes an affordable necessity.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856 View Post
Dynamax by Forest River also makes a very nice Super C.
Newmar2856,
We considered a Dynamax, not a fan of the quality of the Forest River products. Dynamax was a good coach prior to ownership change. However we were not happy with the interior fit and finish of the Dynamax vs thee Renegade. We also wanted all electric, and the Verona LE provided that.
That's just our opinion, though.
The Dynamax has the same chassis, engine, & transmission and a bit cheaper in list price.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipf2 View Post
After 3 Dutchstars, and all the issues with Class A's, we moved into a new Renegade Verona LE Super C. Loving the ride, fuel mileage, tow capacity, engine in the front, etc. Fit and finish are good. We do miss some of the space we didn't need but plenty of storage. Plus we can tow whatever we want with no issues in areas where we can also have regular freightliner truck service if needed.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Glad to share this as have seen very little on Super C's on the forum.
What were all the issues you experienced with Class As?

KJ
kjchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchristopher View Post
What were all the issues you experienced with Class As?

KJ
The list is long.
Engine in the back, thus diesel pusher, leaving the front with no protection in case of a front end collision: Very difficult to drive in snow and ice; the drivers set up has you reaching way over to the right for the fuel feed pedal (very tiring), wind is an issue as it is a big box. fuel mileage is always poor, the list goes on.
We have had three class A's, all with tag axles and 42-44' long. It's been the same issues for all.
The super C has resolved these issues for us. Although we gave up storage room for our clothes in the bedroom.
Hope this helps answer your question.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #21

Chipf2 , you mentioned better fuel mileage. I'm curious how much of a difference you are talking about. There is one here in RHome for sale that I've tossed the idea around about upgrading too. But, my experience with Semis I've had the pleasure driving is 5 to 6 mpg was the best I ever saw. Could be the load of Jet Engines IDK!!!!!

I currently have a FERD and agree, I want more beef in the front because of the idea of a front end collision. Your Semi Based Rig has a lot more "front end than my Fleetwood Coach. I like that idea. Plus a heck of a lot easier to work on.

The OEM motor on my Class A was a 460 EFI Ford / C6 (3 speed) combo and 6.5 MPG was the best I could get out of it without a strong tail wind.

I repowered it to a Cummins 350 HP Turbo and 4 speed Allison AT542 transmission about 15 years ago.
It upped the mileage to 11 mpg. And I have an Allison 1000 5 speed built and ready to install after I finish the interior remodel that should up my mileage to 13- 14.

I sure would love to upgrade my Coach to a Big C, like yours, so I can pull a trailer instead of flat towing.

So that's why I ask about your real world mileage.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Chipf2 , you mentioned better fuel mileage. I'm curious how much of a difference you are talking about. There is one here in RHome for sale that I've tossed the idea around about upgrading too. But, my experience with Semis I've had the pleasure driving is 5 to 6 mpg was the best I ever saw. Could be the load of Jet Engines IDK!!!!!

I currently have a FERD and agree, I want more beef in the front because of the idea of a front end collision. Your Semi Based Rig has a lot more "front end than my Fleetwood Coach. I like that idea. Plus a heck of a lot easier to work on.

The OEM motor on my Class A was a 460 EFI Ford / C6 (3 speed) combo and 6.5 MPG was the best I could get out of it without a strong tail wind.

I repowered it to a Cummins 350 HP Turbo and 4 speed Allison AT542 transmission about 15 years ago.
It upped the mileage to 11 mpg. And I have an Allison 1000 5 speed built and ready to install after I finish the interior remodel that should up my mileage to 13- 14.

I sure would love to upgrade my Coach to a Big C, like yours, so I can pull a trailer instead of flat towing.

So that's why I ask about your real world mileage.
Curtis, Real world mileage without the toad is near 11 mph driving at 68-70mph.
With toad it is about 9.4-10, same speed.
That includes intown traffic as well as open road. We tend to keep about the same speed which we are comfortable with.
The class A's averaged 6.6-7.5 with a 450 HP Cummins, Allison trans, & Spartan chassis, but weight was heavy on the 43' 11" bus.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:14 PM   #23

Wish I had the dollars for something like that. Very nice!
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #24

ME 2