Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #1

I have been wondering why, with all the motorhomes out there, I almost never read anything about Country Coach. I have a 2000 Afinity, 42' with bed&breakfast slide(s). This is the first coach I have ever had, and I think it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Fit and finish is excellent, compared to most coaches I've seen. Have had only minor problems, that I could fix myself, and did.
But again, I was just wondering why no one talks about Country Coach?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2002, 01:23 PM   #2

Country Coach has an excellent line to choose from. That's for sure. Maybe other CC owners are either lurking in the shadows or don't even know about iRV2.com, Maybe you can spread the word!

Lew
Gainesville, FL - '97 Infinity, Class A, 36'. . . fulltime financial advisor, Weekend RV Florida Boomer. Sima (riding shotgun)plus two rude, crude mutts! Visit my professional website at: www.yourfinancialplanneronline.com

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 03:06 PM   #3

Most people couldn't afford one. Frankly!

However, just yesterday, Deb and I saw a 1987 38ft. CC DP and boy what an extraordinary coach. All solid walnut, auto everything, tile and wood and leather. Just great....

Short Cuts Always Take Longer

www.barthmobile.com

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,
Dave Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 04:52 AM   #4

If you want to hear from CC owners, you can join the County Coach BB on Yahoo Groups. I have a CC Allure. I think it is a great coach and I have had very few and minor problems with mine also. It is a lot of fun to drive.

Dave
2000 CC Allure
Mechanicsburg, PA

2000 CC Allure
dcgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 11:06 AM   #5

I had been hoping for more reply's; but I want to thank those who did. THANK YOU!! I know this has been on here awhile. If you want to reply still, please do.
John
Old 06-18-2002, 04:45 PM   #6

John, I am sorry there weren't more responses. And, I am sorry I was abrupt in my previous post. The only remarks I could make would be in the catagory of:

"Oh my God, a 42ft Country Coach, $300,000.00 man am I jealous. If I owned your coach I would sell it, pay off my house, send both of my kids to University of Minnesota and have enough money left over to buy 3 of my present coaches." Maybe, you can help us by telling us what we're doing wrong with our 401K's" When my wife sees a coach like yours on the highway, she reminds me that back in 1982 we had a conversation about the fact that Microsoft was going to kick Digital Research's butt and CPM was going to die and DOS would rule the world. This was as we were putting a chunk of money in a realestate investment trust.

If we had put that 20G's in Microsoft I would be driving a coach like yours. (she reminds me)

But seriously, I have seen a coach like yours just last week. What an extraordinary vehicle. I can only imagine what it is like to cruise the highways sitting in that pilots seat.

www.barthmobile.com

[This message was edited by Dave Bowers on June 19, 2002 at 03:44 PM.]

Old 06-19-2002, 08:59 AM   #7

Well put Dave, I guess we all coulda, woulda, shoulda. But then again you probably never would have experienced the "Barthmobile". I think the Barth is just as beautiful in its own way.

2000 National Seaview 34
Old 06-19-2002, 01:26 PM   #8

John, My only experience with the subject coach is 'browsing' while my RV is in repair. Beaudrys here sells them, along with other 'high end' coaches.

To say they are nice is an understatement, however they are so far out of my comfort zone that I only can drool.

I have found though that the owners are a great bunch of people, although I imagine some of us are a little shy of saying howdy. Sort of like going for the pretiest girl.

In a discussion with one 'pusher' owner I found the fellow was a retired orthodontist which explained why he could afford such luxury, however he still had to 'dump' it.

The coaches I looked at were closer to $500K and not being a rock singer I just gawk.

Good luck finding a place this year where there's no fire danger. All our favorites are closed. Art

1996 Bounder 28T
---P* VXPP58A---
Old 06-19-2002, 02:31 PM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I've walked through some Country Coach's with an MSRP of well over $500,000 at RV shows and have also looked at some real nice motorhomes in the $150,000 - $200,000 range. What puzzles me is what in the world can they do to a coach to make its value more than double and sometimes triple that of a motorhome that has a Freightliner or Spartan chassis, diesel 7.5KW generator, automatic levelers. and is loaded?

Additionally, we hope you all come to the National Rally being held in Branson this year. Click here for link to online sign up page.

Richard and Sylvia

2002 Hitchhiker Discovery 31 1/2 LKTG; 2002 Ford Powerstroke Diesel F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6 speed Dually. US Gear Exhaust Brake, K&N Air Filter, Tekonsha Prodigy controller.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #10

National RV (CC) has a new coach in there 2003 model line this year with the "Islander". http://www.nationalrv.com/showroom/03/isla/ .
It starts at $255,270.00 MSRP. This includes a Country Coach Dynomax 10TD frame and a 400 HP Cummins big block. There is even the familiar (CC) on the steering wheel.
This is just a reminder to subtract the standard 25/30 per cent from the MSRP price.

Some of the CC coaches give quite alot for the money some of the high coaches seem like they don't. There is a price to pay for class and or a name. A great deal of the price goes for the name alone. For those who can afford it, price does not matter. The rest is a requirement.
Don't forget these coaches may be used all of two weeks out of the year for a good majority of buyers. Maybe a quick run to Louisville for the Derby or Indianapolis for another oval.

My favorite is the 2002 Magna Journey, 37'with 3 slides 450/op515HP CAT, tag axle with redwood interior and copper galley panels. MSRP: $427,000.00. The only problem I have with it is the bathroom sink is in the bedroom. The woodwork is superb.

I know I can afford the door.

LANCE*820/FORD*PSD/H-D*ULTRA/check out OOIDA, ...My Rig... HAPPY TRAILS: GOD BLESS AMERICA & Our Troops Overseas...Keep them in your Prayers

[This message was edited by Mouser on June 19, 2002 at 10:25 PM.]
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 04:38 AM   #11

Any of you that are envious, go over to the Escapees board and open "swerve,rollover,tire blowout under General RV Information.It names Country Coach in this. If it doesn't make you appreciate your own unit, I'd be surprised. At least it will make you realize, no matter how much the unit cost, there can be problems.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:07 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fjohn56:
But again, I was just wondering why no one talks about Country Coach? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rest assured, if I had a Country Coach, I would talk about it!

Rusty

--------------------

Tower - 2002 Dodge 3500 Cummins HO/6 speed/4.10LS SLT+ QC LB dually
Towee - 2000 Jayco Designer XL 3610RLTS 36' triple slide 5ver
Travel Companions - Our two Shelties, Brittany and the Bandit!
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 11:21 AM   #13

Dave Bowers: I wish that was what I had paid! Add about 200k more and you might be close.
And that was after negotiating! I have almost 45.5k miles on it, and I really have enjoyed myself in it. Wouldn't want it any other way
Again, thanks all for replying. I joined the Yahoo Group for CC owners. It seems that most of them there have Allures or Intrigues. When I bought my Affinity, it was THE top of the line at CC. John
Old 06-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #14

COOL!

www.barthmobile.com