Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #1

Dutch Star in UK

Hi Im new to the site but not rvs as this is the 4th Newmar Ive owned.I now have a new 4086 Dutch Star that I imported to the UK. I like to make my coaches a little more personal, so this is what ive done
Changed all 3 tvs to UK PAL versions, fitted larger outside tv with extending arm to pull out further(modified surround for it to fit, changed every internal hinge and handle for chrome/gold,added Led strip lights under kitchen cabinets, added colour changing LED lights at base of kitchen cabinets, changed lights under kitchen cabinets to chrome LED, added LED strip lights to top of both slide outs, changed all celing lights to gold LED, added weather station, changed both DVD players to UK, fitted UK satalite dish, changed all towel/soap holders for chrome version, changed lights above bathroom cabinets to modern LED versions, all ceiling lights in bathroom have LED bulbs(extra light in shower) changed shower head and pipe to chrome(added adjustable chrome tube to head so I can alter height), fitted tile accents to shower wall, chrome basket in shower to hold bottles, x
Chrome soap dish holder in shower modified to take tooth brush as well, all wall ligjt switches have been changed to chrome UK household ones, full length mirror to dinette wall(custom made) 2 LED downlighters above mirror, changed light above dinnette to more modern 4 LED bulb version(240 light converted to 12 volt) dinnette table changed to modern glass version with custom straps when on move, wall lights changed to gold shell version from camping world, outside handle changed to acrylic type which now lights, extra led taillights, remote spotlight on roof, 3 LED lights underneath headlights, led strip lights to lower bumper, cut half rear ladded away so people cant climb up, 2 extra house batteries(custom holder now for engine batteries), diferent shower head to outside shower, added extra slide tray in lockers( now has 2), polished chequer plate to flats of step, polished stainless to fronts of step, polished stainless around steps by door, blue LED flashing light in cab when outside locker lights are on, ceiling fan in bedroom, all windows have remote electric day night blinds custom made by automotion, light switches on all cabinets cupboards and wardrobes so light comes on when you open them, extra clothes hooks in chrome, floor lights changed to blue LED and extra units added, moved dash binnacle upwards by 3 inches so I could read warning lights when driving, changed front speakers and grills, modified switches so I can switch aqua hot system on from coach instead of having to go to the unit, LED lights in control cabinet so I can see switches(operates when you open door), chequer plate to face of internal steps, max air vents, removed mirrors/filled mounting holes, bought upside down mounts and refited mirrors to top of coach(added Velvac 3rd top hat mirror at same time) added forth camera to look at passenger front bumper from above, changed cab stereo, fitted heated front seats, all lights external and internal are fitted withLED bulbs, auto generator start, 240 electrics and UK sockets, water filter to fridge, picture light above picture frame, mirrored wall clock,
Things that have gone wrong, wind sensor, replaced but still not working, aqua hot boiler split and replaced, adjust rear slide out, wiper arm broke in half and fell off,
JOBS TO DO
Stainless pack from Summit, work out and fit keyless entry system, where is the keyless lock solenoid mounted(has anyone a photo of its position) if its in the door how do they get the power to the door.
I bought the latest Dometic ac controller as It looks awesome but it will not fit my ac units.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we need pictures, no teasing please

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd like to see pictures also, I can only just imagine driving that there.

Two or three times a year in the very early sixties I used to drive fuel tankers from RAF Wethersfield in Essex north to Preston some of those trips are still vivid in my mind as it was just about all two lane roads. The tankers were 45' articulated type plus the length of the tractor with left hand drive.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #4

John:

What was in Preston? DW and I were born and raised in Leyland, which is only 6 miles from Preston.

I can't imagine the grief running a rig as big as "extreme limo" has on the wrong side of those narrow roads. You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There was a company there that did Thermoline coating of the inside of the F6 fuel tankers (F6 as in jet fuel for the F100 fighter aircraft in use at the time). Take one up to be coated and pick one up that was completed.

There was also a near by semi closed airbase RAF Burtonwood nearby.

TACK COAT PRIMER - TO AID ADHESION - HI-WAY SERVICES LTD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

so i have to ask....What do you do in your spare time???that's what I call making it yours!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #7

PHOTOS

Fix Hummer limos, boy they break down alot. How do I post photos on the forum please
Simon
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme limo View Post
Fix Hummer limos, boy they break down alot. How do I post photos on the forum please
Simon
See post #7 in this thread;

Forums 101 - posting, photos, accounts, basics

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote