Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #29

NO, would never consider going back to a 5er , been there done that, do not want the t shirt.
We had a 43ft. Travel Supreme 5er just before we went to a motorhome. Will never understand why folks think there is more storage, we have way more storage with the motorhome, have you ever looked at all the room in the storage bays below? Likely do not have as much in the top side but way more in the basement.
Forget all of that for a minute, we love to be able to pull in somewhere to eat lunch, coach is cool (or warm as the weather dictates), fridge and cooktop are handy and ready, bathroom is only a couple of steps, if I want to take a short nap the bed is calling my name and all climate controlled. When we get to the campground we pull in, DW puts slides out while I hook up utilities. very quick set up as electric and water on on reels and sewer is quick. Then back in, wife has slides out, satellite dish deployed and house straight, push a button for the automatic levelers and we are sit for a cold adult beverage. I know, I know, you can get a lot of this on a 5th wheel now but you still need to unhook, pull up out of the way and the vast majority of 5th wheels do not have all of the things to facilitate a quick hookup. We had to have a Peterbilt to pull it safely with and pulled a Jeep liberty behind the trailer (84 ft. long), not an ideal situation and we did not want to use the truck for a daily driver. So, for US, it was an easy decision to go to a motorhome and now that we have an Entegra we would never consider going back. Different strokes for different folks, we have great friends who would not consider trading their 5th wheel for a motorhome, thus they make both and there are tradeoffs whichever you choose. So, you have to decide whats best for you and for us it is the motorhome. JMHO and experience

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
NO, would never consider going back to a 5er , been there done that, do not want the t shirt.
We had a 43ft. Travel Supreme 5er just before we went to a motorhome. Will never understand why folks think there is more storage, we have way more storage with the motorhome, have you ever looked at all the room in the storage bays below? Likely do not have as much in the top side but way more in the basement.
Forget all of that for a minute, we love to be able to pull in somewhere to eat lunch, coach is cool (or warm as the weather dictates), fridge and cooktop are handy and ready, bathroom is only a couple of steps, if I want to take a short nap the bed is calling my name and all climate controlled. When we get to the campground we pull in, DW puts slides out while I hook up utilities. very quick set up as electric and water on on reels and sewer is quick. Then back in, wife has slides out, satellite dish deployed and house straight, push a button for the automatic levelers and we are sit for a cold adult beverage. I know, I know, you can get a lot of this on a 5th wheel now but you still need to unhook, pull up out of the way and the vast majority of 5th wheels do not have all of the things to facilitate a quick hookup. We had to have a Peterbilt to pull it safely with and pulled a Jeep liberty behind the trailer (84 ft. long), not an ideal situation and we did not want to use the truck for a daily driver. So, for US, it was an easy decision to go to a motorhome and now that we have an Entegra we would never consider going back. Different strokes for different folks, we have great friends who would not consider trading their 5th wheel for a motorhome, thus they make both and there are tradeoffs whichever you choose. So, you have to decide whats best for you and for us it is the motorhome. JMHO and experience
You have noise of the trailer while traveling. Our pets are safe and sound while we travel. As Ann n Gene said the MH is available for brief stops for meals, toilets are always available and TV is there for viewing. Refrigerator has cold drinks and all the food we want.
Convenient and comfortable. If you have children there is no comparison. They are busy playing while you drive.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #31

Nothing better than a New Rig! Congrats!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #32

That is a truly beautiful coach

I'm so jealous of you guys, over here in the UK the maximum length permissible is a shade under 40 feet so we see none of the big coaches here.

The Fleetwood Revolutions of a few years ago are very popular, those that don't exceed 40 feet and the Monaco coaches from 2003 to 2008 (36 - 40 feet) are well represented. Winnebago, Coachmen and Thor Coach are all here is good numbers and there are an increasing number of 5th Wheelers to be seen.
Blodwyn Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #33

Blodwyn Pig.....Was that not the name of a band back in the 1970's?
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Blodwyn Pig.....Was that not the name of a band back in the 1970's?
You've guessed it

Mick Abrahams (guitar), Jack Lancaster (saxophone and flute), Ron Berg (drums) and Andy Pyle (bass). This original line up brought out two albums, Ahead Rings Out and Getting To This.

You know your music, not many remember Blodwyn Pig.
Blodwyn Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhauler767 View Post
well the wait is over and we finally took delivery of our new coach. After a couple of weeks on the road working we are able to go on the first weekend shake down / familiarization / transfer and set up of stuff ( i didn't realized how much stuff we had accumulated on our previous coach) trip. Everything went well and added a few items to the warranty repair list. The dw and i still can't believe how much we love it. 3 years of looking finally over. Here are a couple of pics hope you like them.
it looks nice but my neck is sore.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #36

Beautiful coach inside and out! My hubby had been drooling over Entegras for a few years until we discovered that there aren't any dealers (or authorized service) in California.

You Easterners have it all. But we score in the earthquake department!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelB View Post
Beautiful coach inside and out! My hubby had been drooling over Entegras for a few years until we discovered that there aren't any dealers (or authorized service) in California. You Easterners have it all. But we score in the earthquake department!
Yes and we beat you in the hurricane dept. whoopee!
The insurance company asked me where we put the 43 foot diesel when a hurricane is coming. I told her we absolutely drive it out of the way figuring that was the desirable answer.
Of course two things come to mind 1) how do I know which way the storm is heading and 2) do you really think I want my family on the hwy with a storm coming?
The MH will have to take care of itself...that's why I have insurance.
Buy the Entegra they allow local service if approved.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #38

Another disadvantage living in California are road restrictions. There are some roads/highways which motorhomes over 40' are not allowed (18 wheelers are allowed because they have permits). We confirmed with the state highway patrol who said we would be breaking the law if we were to drive certain two lane roads. We downloaded the maps from the DMV website and just our luck, there are restrictions going to our favorite campgrounds in Jackson, Bodega Bay, and Fort Bragg. Only New Jersey and California have such laws. This is in addition to requiring a Class B drivers license and a physical every two years. This were a key drivers in selecting the 36 gh.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Another disadvantage living in California are road restrictions. There are some roads/highways which motorhomes over 40' are not allowed (18 wheelers are allowed because they have permits). We confirmed with the state highway patrol who said we would be breaking the law if we were to drive certain two lane roads. We downloaded the maps from the DMV website and just our luck, there are restrictions going to our favorite campgrounds in Jackson, Bodega Bay, and Fort Bragg. Only New Jersey and California have such laws. This is in addition to requiring a Class B drivers license and a physical every two years. This were a key drivers in selecting the 36 gh
I grew up in NJ and you won't get me back. Way too many laws and restrictions on simple freedoms we take for granted.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #40

Quote:
Another disadvantage living in California are road restrictions. There are some roads/highways which motorhomes over 40' are not allowed (18 wheelers are allowed because they have permits). We confirmed with the state highway patrol who said we would be breaking the law if we were to drive certain two lane roads. We downloaded the maps from the DMV website and just our luck, there are restrictions going to our favorite campgrounds in Jackson, Bodega Bay, and Fort Bragg. Only New Jersey and California have such laws. This is in addition to requiring a Class B drivers license and a physical every two years. This were a key drivers in selecting the 36 gh
Didn't know that applied to MHs too. Oh we'll then I've been breaking them forever and a day then I guess. Never been ticketed nor am I gonna worry about it. I hit the same areas, Bodega to Dillon, all the Sierra foothills and such. I doubt they even worry about it really.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #41

Good luck with it looks very nice

Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote