Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood factory delivery

Sitting here in anticipation of our trip to the Fleetwood factory next Tuesday for our VIP delivery of our 2011 Revolution LE 42W. Unlike our previous MH deliveries at the dealers which ranged anywhere from 2 to 6 hours, this delivery is scheduled for 3 days. Needless to say we are very excited. We have previously been to Fleetwood for repair work and a tour of the factory. Looking forward to touring the factory once again while we’re there. After we take delivery we will be heading to Oshkosh AirVenture for a week. This will give us a chance to get familiar with the features and the workings of this MH.

Fleetwood, in conjunction with General RV brought the MH to the FMA rally at DuQuoin, which is where we saw it. Fleetwood is in the process of removing the gas cooktop and replacing it with a smooth top electric, (don’t ask ☺). We decided some time ago that our next MH would be a 1 & ½ bath model and this fits the bill. Much better with our expanding family (2nd grand child 4 mo ago) and traveling with friends.

Hopefully more to come….
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We love the 1 1/2 bath unit. Solve a lot of problems.

Looking at the pic of the 2011 Fleetwood 42w makes me proud to own a Fleetwood.
Attached Images

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I love that floorplan. Congrats and good luck with the delivery. Looking forward to the pics.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #4

Cool...
While at Oshkosh if you have any issues, Quent's Service Center will take good care of you. Very busy with the air show folks
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #5

Congrats. And I can't wait to see the photos.
Rhoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs up

As I stated in my first post we took delivery of our Revolution LE from the factory. We arrived on the 19th of July at “Camp Decatur” in our soon to be “not ours anymore” Providence 40X. If any of you have been to Fleetwood for service are aware that their day starts at 6 AM sharp. This is quite an adjustment for those of us that have spent the last 10 years since retirement practicing sleeping-in until 9 each morning.
But, we made it to the plant the next morning and met our delivery person Chris. She immediately took us to our new coach which was parked adjacent to the end of the assembly line, where we spent the next 3 full days getting aquatinted with the inner and outer workings of the Revolution. I say full days as, although their day is typically over at 2:30 PM, ours was just beginning again with the transfer of our belongings from the “old to the new” coach.

A little observation on my part concerning the factory and Fleetwood and their people. We were at the old Fleetwood the first time in 2000 when we retired and purchased a 30 ft. Flair, bare bones model, just to see how we would do with the RV lifestyle. We went to the factory and watched our chassis move down the line. My impression at that time was, “How could they get anything accomplished with what looked to me as complete chaos, and parts sitting everywhere you turned”. Fast forward to 2010, we have been back to Decatur for service work on our Providence and I have taken the tour 2 times in the last year. What a difference!! Organization with a capital “O”, clearly defined work cells (each stage of the process) absolutely no product sitting around until needed at the stage of the assembly process. I found it amazing that at one point, I would see a floor, and the next, all the wiring and plumbing installed but no sign of either around the line.

OK, back to the delivery. As I stated, Chris was with us for 3 days reviewing all segments of the operation of the coach. If we, OR she, found anything that either of us were not satisfied with, she would get on her radio and the person/s with the appropriate expertise would come into the coach and correct the problem. A good example is, we were not satisfied with the flush lever of the commode in the half bath. Chris looked at it and agreed, within 5 minutes a gentlemen came into the coach with another commode, removed the existing one and replaced it, said excuse me and was gone. Simple as that. I could go on and on regarding the ability to have the qualified people available to support the delivery process but I think you’ve got the jest of how happy we are that we elected to have the factory delivery.
Oh yea, I did take time to go on the factory tour once again. It’s amazing how much more you see each time you take the tour.
I would have posted this sooner but we have been too busy using the coach and traveling. We left Decatur and drove straight to Oshkosh, Wi for the EAA Airventure and stayed for 8 days, Came back thru Decatur and had 2 problems that came up resolved at the service center and then back home.
Now to the coach itself, if my posted pictures turned out OK I’m sure you can see why we are really, really excited about the Revolution LE. Both Carol and I feel so much more at home in this coach than any of the other 3 we have owned. It is just beautiful and the level of “fit, finish, and amenities” is amazing!
The coach does have the “new” EPA required emissions fluid. I will say that I’m very happy with the MPG of this coach as compared to our Providence with the 8.3L Cummins engine. We currently have ~1900 miles on the coach with 1100 by us, Fleetwood put 800 miles on it driving it to the Rally in Illinois. In the 1100 miles the DEF tank is now down to the 3/4 full mark. Since it is so new, Fleetwood spent some time finding the fluid in Decatur to fill it before we left. I’m sure they will have a supply at the factory before long.
Our last short trip was to southern Ohio and it’s rolling hills. We had no problem maintaining a speed setting on the cruise (60 mph) and got 7.2 mpg with our 2010 Honda CRV in tow.

That’s about it with our Revolution LE delivery. I hope I didn’t bore you too much and once again I’ll just say Fleetwood and Co. (people) bent over backwards to make the delivery process better than we ever expected.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Shawn Nelson with General RV out of Utah, who was our selling dealer and salesman. Shawn made this process seamless for us, living in Ohio, seeing the coach for the first time in Illinois at a rally, purchasing from a dealer in Utah, and arranging to take delivery in Indiana. Wow, makes me dizzy just thinking about it....

Ron & Carol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	5000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	5001  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0550.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	5002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0540.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	5003  

RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
She shore is nice

Do you get a better purchase price straight from the factory?
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #8

it would seem they are much better then before. As a 5th wheel Fleetwood owner I'm very, very, dissatisfied that Fleetwood just dropped all trailer support for their line. I bough a fleetwood luxery 5er in 08, 2 months before they sold off their trailer line. No customer service and now they simply refer you to their dealer network if you have an issue. They also recently just dropped even answering their phone for customer support of trailers. I hope you get better service from them after the sale then I do! I wouldn't buy a Fleetwood product again! Imagine buying this motorhome and in two months Fleetwood backs out of offering any support for your purchase.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Fleetwood won't sell direct to the customer, you have to buy through a dealer, although you can take delivery at the factory. We would love to do so, but even if you discount the $4900 factory delivery option, well, we decided against it.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
What a great looking coach.

The inside reminds me a lot of of our Tiffin Allegro Bus 43ft QGP.

Sounds like the factory delivery experience was great - wish Tiffin would take note!

Best wishes with the new coach
Larry & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote