Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
We went to Hillsboro yesterday to do the walk through and seal the deal on the 2000 Ultimate Advantage.

Arrived about noon and were greeted with on outdoor BBQ sponsored by the dealership which was great beacause we were thinking that we had missed lunch. After eating hamburgers, potato salad and chips we met with Chuck for the walk through.

Chuck was very knowledgable and was a great teacher. He made sure we knew everything about all the systems on the MH and answered all our questions. We found a couple of cleaning issues and an awning that needed a replacement part. He put a crew to cleaning the overlooked areas and will order the needed parts.

We then sat down with the finance mgr, Ralph. He was great. No pressure to purchase the add-ons. We signed all the papers, wrote the check and shock hands.

We then pulled our toad behind the UA to hookup and drive our new baby home. Hooked up fine and secured all items to include ourselves, we were ready for the 2hr drive home. Started the coach waited for air to build......waited for air to build....waited..waited. The air would not build up pass 70 pounds. I checked to ensure the air dump valve was not on..ok. Still not enough pressure. I got out of the coach and could hear air escaping from behind the front right wheel. I am sure it was the air dump valve for the airbags not closing. I got Chuck out there and he tried opening a closing the air dump from the drivers seat but it still leaked (I wouldn't have been satisfied had it closed for him). He said, "Monday we will fix it". The manager was very sorry for us and offered to deliver the coach to us when it was repaired. I thanked him and said, "Stuff happens". Better here today then on the road going home or on our first trip to Bend, scheduled for this coming Wednesday. I'll travel to them to pick up the UA because I want to make sure of the repairs, I only trust my mother.

So, unhook the toad, gather up my disappointed wife and wave good-bye to our new baby. I'll post the results later.

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #2

We went to Hillsboro yesterday to do the walk through and seal the deal on the 2000 Ultimate Advantage.

Arrived about noon and were greeted with on outdoor BBQ sponsored by the dealership which was great beacause we were thinking that we had missed lunch. After eating hamburgers, potato salad and chips we met with Chuck for the walk through.

Chuck was very knowledgable and was a great teacher. He made sure we knew everything about all the systems on the MH and answered all our questions. We found a couple of cleaning issues and an awning that needed a replacement part. He put a crew to cleaning the overlooked areas and will order the needed parts.

We then sat down with the finance mgr, Ralph. He was great. No pressure to purchase the add-ons. We signed all the papers, wrote the check and shock hands.

We then pulled our toad behind the UA to hookup and drive our new baby home. Hooked up fine and secured all items to include ourselves, we were ready for the 2hr drive home. Started the coach waited for air to build......waited for air to build....waited..waited. The air would not build up pass 70 pounds. I checked to ensure the air dump valve was not on..ok. Still not enough pressure. I got out of the coach and could hear air escaping from behind the front right wheel. I am sure it was the air dump valve for the airbags not closing. I got Chuck out there and he tried opening a closing the air dump from the drivers seat but it still leaked (I wouldn't have been satisfied had it closed for him). He said, "Monday we will fix it". The manager was very sorry for us and offered to deliver the coach to us when it was repaired. I thanked him and said, "Stuff happens". Better here today then on the road going home or on our first trip to Bend, scheduled for this coming Wednesday. I'll travel to them to pick up the UA because I want to make sure of the repairs, I only trust my mother.

So, unhook the toad, gather up my disappointed wife and wave good-bye to our new baby. I'll post the results later.

Paul
Old 01-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Oh my, I am soooo sorry for you and Sandy, Paul. I am glad they are getting to it tomorrow. They know you need the coach ASAP...don't they?
Good luck on your first trip this Wednesday...and give your wife a big condolence hug from me

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #4

Picked up the UA today. Turned out there wasn't anything wrong except proceedure in storing the jacks. I am surprised and *&%$# that Chuck couldn't figure that out on Saturday.

Full steam ahead and **** the torpedos, we're off to Bend on Wednesday.

Paul
Old 01-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I'd be heading to Florence. The weather in Bend is supposed to be in the low 20's at night.

Florence Wed: Sunny 54/35
Thurs: Sunny 54/37
Fri: Mostly Sunny 54/37

Bend Wed: Sunny 41/20
Thurs: Sunny 44/21
Fri: Sunny 47/24

Wherever you end up, Enjoy the trip!!!!
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
That Chuck . . . I think he may have worked at my dealer, too!

Good luck with your new rig.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote