Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #1

Happily Downsized - Dynamax

We recently downsized from a 37' Safari Pusher to a 26' Dynamax - Dynaquest ST 260. Here is a picture at one of our favorite locations. This is a diesel puller with comfortable air bag suspension and 10,000 towing capacity, perfect for us towing in the mountains.

We have all the comforts of our Safari but we can fit into many places that were difficult to fit or we couldn't stay with the Safari.

Greg-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
very nice

congrats on the new sized rig
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #3

Very nice rig. I bet that's fun to drive. I really like the colors.
leedowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #4

I bought a used 2008 300ST, similar paint scheme. Have you had any problems with the plastic hatch covers splitting. Every one of mine have split to a greater or lesser degree. Thanks in advance for your input. Bob
mistabrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice! We downsized also, but couldn't afford that much rig. We would have if we could have, but we have not regretted downsizing one bit. When we traded our Winnebago for what we have now, there was a nice older couple there at the dealership. The lady said "Wow I could drive that, but you lose a lot of room." I just said "how much room do you need, we have 3 slides for crying out loud." We left it at that. To each his or her own I guess.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #6

Mistabrite, We haven't had any trouble with the plastic hatch covers. Dynamax is a small company with a helpful staff. If you have any trouble locating replacements I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

LeeDowney, This motorhome is an absolute pleasure to drive. We took a trip to Utah in May which included a variety of freeway and moutain driving. On the freeway there is almost no noticable movement from passing trucks. In the mountains we could go up most anything at 55mph (9500' pass on Utah near Escalante) and with the 2 stage engine break needed only infrequent braking on grades exceeding 8%. We were towing a CRV. Freeway 11mpg, total trip 10mpg average. We love this rig.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #7

I like the looks of those Dynamax rigs. You're going to love the serviceablity of it too. Any truck repair place will work on the chassis part and not charge as much as a rv place. At least that's what I've found.
Bob86ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
After googling your rig, the term "downsizing" has dramatically changed. $$$
Envy is ugly so I won't say anymore except "Happy Trails".

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #9

KZ RV Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Dynamax 260

We live in the mountains and cross two 11,000 ft. passes to go east. Was interested in the post about Utah mountain travel. Could you tell me what year and what engine you have? I understand the '06 had a CAT and the '08 had a Mercedes. Looking to buy and need some input on engines.
EarlACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on the downsize that worked for you and that is one GREAT looking rig. Hope you really enjoy your travels.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #11

Smart move.

Safe travels.

Van.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
downsize? To a truck that can pull 80k pounds?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #13

Jim, It really was a downsize. All the stuff that ended up in my garage proves it. It has good power to weight as a truck, but now our mileage is close to 10 mpg which is a nice improvement from the 8 we used to get. It also gets us into smaller campgrounds that were a problem before. We still love it.

To answer a previous question above it has the 7.2L inline 6 Mercedes diesel.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Greg, What a nice downsize and with that mileage how can you loose? Great move, it pays to look around at other options. Enjoy that beauty, and have a great season. Safe travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote