Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
aauummm's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: On the Road
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
does everything you said and more...never knew to even be looking for one

hard hard to find... glad I found one that wasn't on the freight shaker chassis
whew!...glad it's working out for you. I'd hate it if I had steered you wrong!
__________________

__________________
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
working away and fix'n and replaceing....got all the window boxes off and getting recovered..ordered the new headlights and the "SCARE" light...

got guys coming to bid replacing the floors...got the wheels polished and LOF done
__________________

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:24 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
working away and fix'n and replaceing....got all the window boxes off and getting recovered..ordered the new headlights and the "SCARE" light...



got guys coming to bid replacing the floors...got the wheels polished and LOF done

Look at Mannington Adura flooring. It comes as tile or planks. It's a composite so very tough. We had our flooring replaced with it 5 years ago & it still looks new. We used stone quarry tile look. 16"x16" glued and grouted just like residential. We're full timers & use it hard.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Look at Mannington Adura flooring. It comes as tile or planks. It's a composite so very tough. We had our flooring replaced with it 5 years ago & it still looks new. We used stone quarry tile look. 16"x16" glued and grouted just like residential. We're full timers & use it hard.
when they installed it ,did they put a sub floor over the plywood?


mine they have to remove the ceramic tile and I have no idea whats under there...

I'm gonna have someone(30yrs experince) do it...
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
when they installed it ,did they put a sub floor over the plywood?





mine they have to remove the ceramic tile and I have no idea whats under there...



I'm gonna have someone(30yrs experince) do it...

They put down a standard underlayment just to get a good smooth, even surface to glue to. We had a mix of carpet and porcelain tile. The carpet was easy but the tile was glued tight. Took a lot of work & so the plywood was rough. The underlayment took care of that.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
They put down a standard underlayment just to get a good smooth, even surface to glue to. We had a mix of carpet and porcelain tile. The carpet was easy but the tile was glued tight. Took a lot of work & so the plywood was rough. The underlayment took care of that.

Those Alpines are great coaches. Alpine built their own chassis (Peak) and were the only high end builder to use hydraulic brakes. They were the first regular production coach builder to use multiplex wiring. They also had an electric battery watering system that I thought was cool. We looked at them hard in '05-'06 when we were looking for a full timing coach. I spent some time sitting in a 40' mid door Alpine with Ron Doyle, who was CEO of Alpine at the time. We were at the FMCA rally in Perry, Ga at the time. Went on a test drive with him. Very impressive coach. It's a real shame that Western RV/Alpine didn't survive the downturn.

We ultimately went another direction for a coach because I wanted a 40' with a tag axle and AquaHot. Later on Alpine built their Apex coach with those features.

Solid coach though. Have fun with it. I think Alpine has a pretty active owners group here. You should join up with those guys.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Those Alpines are great coaches. Alpine built their own chassis (Peak) and were the only high end builder to use hydraulic brakes. They were the first regular production coach builder to use multiplex wiring. They also had an electric battery watering system that I thought was cool. We looked at them hard in '05-'06 when we were looking for a full timing coach. I spent some time sitting in a 40' mid door Alpine with Ron Doyle, who was CEO of Alpine at the time. We were at the FMCA rally in Perry, Ga at the time. Went on a test drive with him. Very impressive coach. It's a real shame that Western RV/Alpine didn't survive the downturn.

We ultimately went another direction for a coach because I wanted a 40' with a tag axle and AquaHot. Later on Alpine built their Apex coach with those features.

Solid coach though. Have fun with it. I think Alpine has a pretty active owners group here. You should join up with those guys.
they don't like me...
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
well... I have two guys lined up to pick from...

one says get the tiles and carpet from lowes... and that they would be no problem sticking the tiles....


the other says lowes has junk and he won't use it..that he only installs quality materials from a flooring dealer...

he also said that the only way to go is one piece rubber floor...

what say you
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
well... I have two goys lined up to pick from...



one says get the tiles and carpet from lowes... and that they would be no problem sticking the tiles....





the other says lowes has junk and he won't use it..that he only installs quality materials from a flooring dealer...



he also said that the only way to go is one piece rubber floor...



what say you

If you're going to keep it, go quality from a flooring dealer. I stick by Mannington Adura. Very attractive, very durable, easy to keep clean.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
If you're going to keep it, go quality from a flooring dealer. I stick by Mannington Adura. Very attractive, very durable, easy to keep clean.
so what do you think of the one peice over the tiles?
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
so what do you think of the one peice over the tiles?

I assume this is just seamless vinyl flooring. I wouldn't use it. Don't like the look or the durability.
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I assume this is just seamless vinyl flooring. I wouldn't use it. Don't like the look or the durability.
it's s'posed to be more durable??seems like a lot of new motorhomes have it...

thanks for the reply,,.. rather find out everything before the install
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,257
this is the look I'm after...more stone look than wood
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-Windsport-29M-Fusion-Grey-Sydney-Maple-front-back.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	129749   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-Windsport-29M-Fusion-Grey-Sydney-Maple-front-back-lead.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	129750  

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
becks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 2,381
Great find, beautiful coach. Enjoy
__________________

__________________
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey-lam... Bought one of these LVRVLUVR Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 62 02-08-2016 05:54 PM
Hey-lam got a new 27b tribute-winnie LVRVLUVR Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 60 08-12-2015 09:49 AM
Hey-lam... New motorhome!!! LVRVLUVR Class A Motorhome Discussions 38 08-06-2015 02:47 PM
The Holy Grail sjkted Going Green 12 10-04-2010 01:14 AM
Hedge Fund Swindler on Lam in Coachmen Freelander Hitchhiker iRV2.com General Discussion 7 07-03-2008 06:40 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.