Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #1

Holiday Ramblin...

She has her warts and is under treatment to address any and all issues. I came sooooo close to going gas, but, fate would dictate diesel.

Not knocking gas rigs at all. But, this one fell into my lap and I had to strike.

1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I honestly ran across this coach about eight hours before auction end. I put my max bid in, which was wayyyyy less than market and won the thing. When I refreshed my browser after winning, I ended up paying about four grand less than my max bid. The back story as to why I got it so cheap is for another day. Let's just say the previous owner was MOTIVATED. What a feeling!

Like I said, she's got her, or had warts that did cost a good amount of money to make right. Yet, it was a super deal and allowed the major expense of installing a brand new wheelchair lift for my mother, so she can travel. Fact is, it's why I bought the coach in the first place.

The lift, installed with the door ran me just under $10k.

As you can see, I'm re-jiggering the sleeping/seating accomodations right now. Removed the passenger side couch to make room for the lift. The slide jacknife couch is out and waiting for an American Leather Comfort Sleeper queen pull out sofa bed with gel mattress. I already have the plan to attach it to the slide floor. That took a lot of thought and THE right sofa bed to work with a slide deck that is three inches off the main deck...a lot of work to get that right.

The dinette space has been pulled and a fold-a-bed frame and regular twin mattress is for my mom. The frame breaks down quick and stowes easily. The mattress will stand up beside my queen bed in the back during the day. Easy cheesey.

The entire dash air condition system was replaced. The cummins 5.9l fan had some blade damage when the a/c belt broke and got tangled up in the fan. Replaced it. The exhaust side of the turbo rotted and separated from the turbo. I've got that part on order from Truck Pro and will have it rewelded onto the remainder of the exhaust. She needs at least two new tires. The shower skylight was replaced along with the cieling fan cover. The two a/c roof covers were replaced. The driver mirror needed nut-certs to replace the screws that were stripped. Both windshields were replaced. This thing is coming together. Just need to do an oil/fuel/air filter change and change the tranny fluid. Thinking about an Amsoil oil bypass system and running full synthetic in the engine and trans.

Pics:

Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Wow that's a lot of work going on, looks good. Congratulations on your new coach! Can't wait to see the finished product, good luck. Karen
Old 10-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #3

Looks like she will be new when you are finished.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Good son!
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats, should be real sweet when done. Good luck and enjoy!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Looks great! Congrats and enjoy.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #7

Your motivation is to be admired. Hope that it turns out to be all you need it to be.
Dwd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #8

Picture of where the jacknife couch was. Got the call that the Comfort Sleeper sofa is in. Just need to drive there and they will assemble it in the motorhome.

I want to watch them do this, as I have to take it apart to fasten the side parts to the slide.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #9

Well, it is one step forwards and one step back.

The good:

Picked up the new American Leather Comfort Sleeper queen sofa bed....NICE!!!

The bad:

When the installers of the sofa bed asked me to extend the slide out, I noticed the rocker button was stuck in the "IN" position and would not budge.....oh boy...

Took the four screws holding the panel to the cabinet off....oh boy...

The entire backside of the slide out switch was burnt black and some of the connectors were melted....oh boy...

I'm in contact with a MH bone yard that probably has the switch. Thing is that there may be more damage than is known. I'm hoping not. The slide motor, wiring...who knows what could also be fried down the line to the electrical panel. I would figure a fuse would blow before melting my wiring.

Any thoughts?

Old 11-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like you have it under control...Great job...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #11

For anyone that is looking at the American Leather Comfort Sleeper and are wondering if the existing seat belts can be incorporated, the answer is YES!!

The sleeping surface comes in three sections. The head section is separate from the middle and end. All one needs to do is feed the seatbelts up from the floor and in between the head and middle sections. No problem.

When I get my slide out actuation fixed, I'll post some pictures.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Looks great. Looks like the previous owner took great care of her. Should last you a long time. Happy traveling..
wagonmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Amazing what can be accomplished now a days. Wish my mom was still around she would have loved going with us and the MH. Enjoy the time you have with her.
Mine has been gone 15 years and I took care of her, her last 18 years and I still miss her.
Your a great guy for doing this "with" her.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
My guess is it's just the switch. Instead of a used one from a boneyard, try an electronics component store online. If you can read a name or number off the switch (or another one that isn't toasty) you can get one with the same ratings from digikey.com, allied electronics, mouser, etc. I've replaced a few of switches in my rig with nicer quality LED lighted ones (less power drain, longer lamp life, pretty colors). There is a fuse for that circuit, which may be blown. Not sure where it is in your rig, but our located in the bedroom cabinet and some in the bay under the driver

We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde
Freedmeister is offline   Reply With Quote