Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Nice rig.

Ken
Great breed those Schnausers; we have three Wire Haired Dacschunds (Forrest, Karl & Jean Louise) - they look like "low rider" Schnausers - with an attitude. We have one smooth doxie (Wilma), that's a rescue from a puppy mill. I don't know (or care to know) anybody that doesn't like dogs. That's how I'm built.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When it comes to campgrounds who won't let in this or that very good looking rig becuse it's not a class A or it's too old (never mind it looks showroom) or whatever. I always figure it's because this campground has too much business and thus they don't need mine.

So I PARK>>>>>>> ELSEWHERE

Old 07-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
When it comes to campgrounds who won't let in this or that very good looking rig becuse it's not a class A or it's too old (never mind it looks showroom) or whatever. I always figure it's because this campground has too much business and thus they don't need mine.

X2

Great looking rig Salvage!
Midnite-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

It all boils down to WHO you are camping around rather than WHERE you are camping anyway, doesn't it?

I agree with you, I'm happy to move on...
Old 07-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #19

We lived in the Hampton/Newport News area for 3 years. DW and kids liked the warm weather. I couldn't stand the humidity. Just a couple of weeks after we moved there from Seattle, as I went to work at 07:00 it was 84 degrees, foggy and there was a thunderstorm going on.

To and ex-pat Brit and Seattle transplant, the concept of 84 F that early in the day, and of 84 and foggy just didn't compute. I was so happy when Boeing (who had laid me off after the SST was cancelled) called up and asked if I'd like to go back, relocation paid.

Worked there for a total of 30 years, then took early retirement. Still living in The Pacific North Wet! Today, it's expected to bright and sunny, about 75 for a high and humidity around 35%.

I used to tell folks in VA that "it rains a lot in Seattle, but it doesn't rain much. The summer afternoon thunderstorms in Hampton put as much water down in 45 minutes as Seattle gets in a month, and they're just aout every day in Julky and August.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, what a beautiful rig!!! I second the motion; I would love to see shots of the interior!

Love that camp site, in your photo's. Very nice!

O,BTW, Welcome!!!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #21

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Welcome. Great looking rig and looks like you have all thats needed to camp across america. Thanks for your service.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking Rig, Love that camp site. Where is it at. Wouldn't mind spending a few days there.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy View Post
Great looking Rig, Love that camp site. Where is it at. Wouldn't mind spending a few days there.
Ahoy darbyjudy,

The camp site in the photos is at Sharando Lake, west and south of Charlottesville, VA in the George Washington National Forest. Take Exit 96 off I-64 and head south 10 (or so miles). Cost: $25/night, cash or check only.

All sites are firm and level, covered with pea gravel and feature a fire ring (with swing out grill and pot holder), a grill table, a loooooong picnic table and shepard's hook for the trusty Coleman lantern. National Park sites in the Jefferson National Forest (at least in Virginia) are equipped the same way. And QUIET!!!!!!!!!!! and "darker than the inside of a cow" at night (with apologies to Mark Twain).

Sites had up to 50 amp electrical service, no H2O & sewer...but a seperate potable water station and dump station were provided.

A fair amount of NPS volunteers keep the things orderly...and sites raked. These Virginia NPS campgrounds seem to draw older campers and young families - the folks that really like to "steam" late into the evenings tend to call on the private campgrounds in the area....at least that's my observation. Nothing against a good party, just prefer to be able to choose when and where.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
We lived in the Hampton/Newport News area for 3 years. DW and kids liked the warm weather. I couldn't stand the humidity. Just a couple of weeks after we moved there from Seattle, as I went to work at 07:00 it was 84 degrees, foggy and there was a thunderstorm going on.

To and ex-pat Brit and Seattle transplant, the concept of 84 F that early in the day, and of 84 and foggy just didn't compute. I was so happy when Boeing (who had laid me off after the SST was cancelled) called up and asked if I'd like to go back, relocation paid.

Worked there for a total of 30 years, then took early retirement. Still living in The Pacific North Wet! Today, it's expected to bright and sunny, about 75 for a high and humidity around 35%.

I used to tell folks in VA that "it rains a lot in Seattle, but it doesn't rain much. The summer afternoon thunderstorms in Hampton put as much water down in 45 minutes as Seattle gets in a month, and they're just aout every day in Julky and August.
Greetings Frank,

First, I HOPE you know where "Salty's on Alkai Bay" is in West Seattle! If not, I STRONGLY recomend an evening there with the little lady!

Second, it's 101 at our house here in Norfolk - right now - we are 1 block from the Cheasapeake Bay. Yes, it is too freaking hot here! Time to fire-up the RV and head to the Blue Ridge; always about 20 degrees cooler up there...
Old 07-25-2011, 02:36 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Beautiful rig. Are you cooking outside with a Coleman camp stove? I saw the Weber Q but also the stove on the table. The camp stove brings back old memories of camping as a boy scout.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff841 View Post
Beautiful rig. Are you cooking outside with a Coleman camp stove? I saw the Weber Q but also the stove on the table. The camp stove brings back old memories of camping as a boy scout.
You bet Cliff! I can't figure out why, but coffee made on a Coleman stove always tastes better than being made anywhere else ...could be location has something to do with it too, but I don't know. The Weber is for grillin' burgers since I can't get a fire right in the fire ring to save my life, but if I drop one match accidentally, I'll burn the entire national forest to the ground.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10koaksfed View Post
Very nice looking rig. Did I correctly count 2 slides on the driver side and a full wall slide on the passenger? Show us the inside!!!
OK, I'll take some pics of the inside and post...once the temperature cools below ONE-HUNDRED-FREAKING-DEGREES outside! Ugh...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
What a cool rig! Congratulations. Sounds like you had a great trip home. Makes me want to plan my maiden voyage asap!

DCPakaMOM is offline   Reply With Quote