Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #29

Great looking rig. Very nice...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You did it right - see you on the road.
You are hooked now - there is no turning back - enjoy.
P.S. Pennsylvania has many wonderful State parks for the summer. The Skyline Drive in Virginia is another favorite spot of ours.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalt View Post
You did it right - see you on the road.
You are hooked now - there is no turning back - enjoy.
P.S. Pennsylvania has many wonderful State parks for the summer. The Skyline Drive in Virginia is another favorite spot of ours.
Hooked absolutely! We used to live west of Fredericksburg and just to the east of Chancellorsville where I made that hideous commute into the District everyday What a huge pain-in-the-shorts. The flip-side was weekend runs through Sperryville up to the Skyline in an old Porsche (We love Big Meadows). Two months ago the little lady and I hauled our four dachshunds to a dog club site near Scranton, PA. Drove up the eastern shore on the way north and returned south via I-81 to 17 to come home. Next year, we'll use the RV and take the I-81 route as it appears we can stop at some nice parks along the way. Next month we are heading to Champion, PA (south of Pittsburg) for yet another doxie thing...do you have any favorite PA campgrounds near either of these two PA locations?
salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPakaMOM View Post
What a cool rig! Congratulations. Sounds like you had a great trip home. Makes me want to plan my maiden voyage asap!
Ahoy Donna,

Go ahead and plan that shake-down cruise...you have plenty of good options down there in NC ya know! Have fun and we'll see you "out there" somewhere. Look for our Magic Bus and listen for four obnoxious dachshunds. Yikes.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #33

Thanks for your service to our country, now it's time to enjoy the country you spent so many years protecting. Looks like a great rig to drive or go camping in.
We have two Long Haired Dachshunds.
Our oldest one is 18 mo old English Cream and the little one is a 6 mo old, Chocolate Long Haired.
They love being in the fifthwheel, and riding in the truck, also it's been 100 or over here for a week now.
Doug
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #34

We're familiar with Salty's, as good friends used to have a condo just up the street. They and we now live in Anacortes, which is about 90 miles away. We do have an Anthony's Home Port here in town and several good local eateries.

The nice things about Anacortes are that it gets only about half the rainfall that Seattle gets, is a bit cooler and less humid in the hot weather (above 75 is unusual) and a bit warmer in winter than the central Puget Sound region. We like the small-town atmosphere, too (pop. about 16,000).
Old 07-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
For some reason the truckers like the so called "super C's" (actually no such designation on the books from RVIA) much better than Type A's.
You may also find that they won't let you in to some high end RV resorts that allow only Type A's. Shouldn't be but I've heard of it happening. They do have the advantage of higher towing rating and more gears in the trans. Sometimes wish I had a 12 speed paddle control trans rather then the 6 speed Allison!
I'll trade you the Allison for my 4spd 1999 AOD automatic any day.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #36

I love those monster Class C's, if I had the money it would be hard to decide on one of those or my dream Class A. Congrats on buying a beauty!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #37

Well, I'm not a rich guy - money wise - but I have decent health and a wife for 30+ years (not including illegal time)!!! I found this RV for $15K under average wholesale and got a decent rate from Bank of the West. I was just wouldn't budge on anything but the Freightliner chassis - the so-called "Super C" so I could get at the engine under the tilt hood. The 350hp Cummins in the Columbia chassis would be great, but they are thirsty, 22.5 in tires are twice as expensive as 19.5 in tires, our overall height is 11'6" and we get 11.7 mpg in the M2 - and someone else faced the depriciation. Many trade-offs, but a turbo-diesel (with any COMPRESSION braking system, air-ride, air-ride seats, air-brakes) was a minimum requirement.

Call me anytime for details and take care. Hope to see you out there with the rest of us Class C-erz.