Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
I wish you luck and it saddens me that our country has become so litigious.
...and wouldn't it be a refreshing change if manufacturers/dealers would just do the 'right thing' when these mechanical issues raise their ugly heads? Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsouth51 View Post
just got it back after 29 days, (Lemon Law 30 or more days). Still not right, and they didn't fix everything as asked. Getting an attorney. Tim
Attorneys love these things; once they get involved, most will drag them along for as long as they can (they charge by the hour) win or lose they get paid.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
there is a reason for lemon laws because dealers and companies that make inferior products and after they get your money they don't know you. For the problems that I had, it should not take 29 days out of your life. Thank god I wasn't on the road with this Beast. Bad enought that I had to take it back to a dealer 65 miles away from my home.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I had my new MH less than 24hrs. I had to return it to the dealer after the slide motor and switch decided to heat up and give off a terrible burning odor. After cooling down I was able to retract the slide. I started the engine to retract the levelers so that I could return the coach, and low and behold, the rear drivers side leveler was sticking and after about 5 min. I was able to get the leveler all the way up. On the ride to the dealer my driver side mirror came lose to the point that it almost fell off. I found three more items for the dealer to fix. Three days later I get a recall letter from the factory on a wiper blade electronic problem. Going on a week and a half without my new coach. Anyone else out there with such problems?
What brand is your MH?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #19

Quote:
there is a reason for lemon laws because dealers and companies that make inferior products and after they get your money they don't know you. For the problems that I had, it should not take 29 days out of your life. Thank god I wasn't on the road with this Beast. Bad enought that I had to take it back to a dealer 65 miles away from my home.
29 days thats nothing-----I"ve had my toad in the shop 9 times since july; in the shop more than it's home
Old 10-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicduc View Post
What brand is your MH?
2011 Thor Astoria
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #21

I have come to learn that these motor homes can be a major heart ache. I just left Lazy Days after 2 weeks for my 3rd time to get more stuff fixed. Never ending!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #22

That's why I bought my RV when it was two years old and I only had to pay 33% of original cost. First owner fixed almost all the bugs.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #23

Almost better to buy a gently used, low mileage MH. You get such a better price, and you let the previous owner go through all the aggravation of warranty work.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The thought occurred to me, if the "lemon law" was invoked on all of the rv's that went back for just a few weeks of repairs in the first year of ownership there would be thousands of those units around. It seems to me the op is frustrated because he hasn't been able to get his rv repaired under his time schedule so therefore it must be a lemon. I returned my mh to the selling dealer twice for warranty issues and each time they were upfront and said it would be six weeks before they could even look at it. Ugh! The dealer (DeMontrond RV Houston) is no longer a Fleetwood dealer btw.

Not to hijack the op's thread, but has anyone been successful returning or being compensated some how by invoking the "lemon law" regarding a rv? The thought never entered my mind-and those that know me know I'm not a patient man.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Elkhartjim, I didn't have the coach 24 hrs., and there were many problems that popped up. Leaking jack, sticking jack that was ok, it took them two weeks to determine that there was a bugger in the hyd. line that was causing the problem. Bad switch and motor for one of the slides, mirror that almost fell off, rubber trim coming off the windsheild, fuel door misalignment and dinning table that wouldn't stay put when traveling. Now, I call that quality control wouldn't you after spending all that money, and then they don't know you and don't care how long you have to wait; for me, 29 straight days, why would I not be pissed. If you have to wait that long for repairs, it usually means that RV dealer has good mechanics, and or the RV's are for **** because the damn things aren't put together well.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #26

As I said they are all trouble and if you have one that has had only a couple issues you are a minority. Look at any company web forum. What HORROR STORIES. Maybe not Newell.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Elkhartjim, I didn't have the coach 24 hrs., and there were many problems that popped up. Leaking jack, sticking jack that was ok, it took them two weeks to determine that there was a bugger in the hyd. line that was causing the problem. Bad switch and motor for one of the slides, mirror that almost fell off, rubber trim coming off the windsheild, fuel door misalignment and dinning table that wouldn't stay put when traveling. Now, I call that quality control wouldn't you after spending all that money, and then they don't know you and don't care how long you have to wait; for me, 29 straight days, why would I not be pissed. If you have to wait that long for repairs, it usually means that RV dealer has good mechanics, and or the RV's are for **** because the damn things aren't put together well.
When you did your PDI did all of these items work? If the jack was leaking then you could have left the rv until its fixed. If its not leaking how could the best QC program in the world predict it would leak 24 hours after delivery. The rubber window trim stayed in place while the unit was delivered to the selling dealer unless you bought it straight off the assembly line. Same for the mirror. How could the best QC program predict the trim or mirror would come off in the first 24 hours of ownership?

Like I said in my first post on this thread, since you have not really used your RV you haven't identified all the problems yet. I'm truly sorry for your frustrations and hope you can get all the current problems resolved. Be confident there will be many, many more issues in the coming months; its the nature of the industry.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
I personally would see about bypassing the dealer and contacting Thor or whatever manufacturer made the systems in default directly. The majority of warranty work does not have to be done at the dealer you bought the unit at but at an authorized repair facility...find out who the manufacturer recommends...sometimes you get more done if shop and manufacturer have a good working relationship. If dealership not providing service or fixing it as needed...find someone who will.

Tracy

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote