Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #29

You need to get out on the road and start the list. We have had the most issues after 2,000 miles and now at 6,000 miles the problems are slowing. Sorry to say you are just getting started with the head aches. Always exspect the unexspected.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #30

Cant wait for the Chinese moho to hit our shores when I hear stories like this. This is why I dont buy American cars. I have a Toyota 50,000 mi and no trouble at all. I traded in a 2003 Pontiac and it spent more time in the repair shop than on the road..As did all the American cars I ever owned. And I have had a bunch in my 77 yrs.
I hold my breath every time we take the Moho on a trip.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #31
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsouth51 View Post
I had my new MH less than 24hrs. I had to return it to the dealer after the slide motor and switch decided to heat up and give off a terrible burning odor. After cooling down I was able to retract the slide. I started the engine to retract the levelers so that I could return the coach, and low and behold, the rear drivers side leveler was sticking and after about 5 min. I was able to get the leveler all the way up. On the ride to the dealer my driver side mirror came lose to the point that it almost fell off. I found three more items for the dealer to fix. Three days later I get a recall letter from the factory on a wiper blade electronic problem. Going on a week and a half without my new coach. Anyone else out there with such problems?
I can empathize with you. Nothing but problem after problem with all three pushers we have owned. (Winebago Vectra, Monaco Camelot and Executive) We finally gave up on pushers and bought a truck and a fifth wheel trailer.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #32

I am with you on the 5th wheel. May be my next if this keeps up. It is 100 times worst than my 7 year old 37 foot boat in the salt water.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
everything was working on the walk through. The leaking jack was found by them when I took it back for the other jack that was sticking. They replaced the sticking jack and it still had the same problem. After a few days of playing with it, they realized that the hydraulic line from up front had a bugger in the line(how did that get in there), quality assembly I guess, anyway, they cleaned the line and now the thing works?? The mirror was never tightened to proper spects and that is why it came loose. Quality assembly again. They didn't fix the trim, I did when I got home(morons I guess didn't check were I told it was loose). When I picked up a couple Fridays ago, the step trim that they glued back had fallen off again, so I told them that I would just put rivits into the rubber pad when I got home. The mechanic said "good idea", I'll do it for you, so that go fixed too! For Dixieray53, I called Thor, not much help, and the closest warranty dealer is two exits closer, just 62 miles,my dealer 65 miles from home. The closer dealer has a three week wait to get servicing because they have better mechanics obviously.
tjsouth51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How is it going with the attorney? Just curious.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
the law firm wanted me to fax them the work orders. I figured they can't do anything until the 30 th. day, and I'm at 29, so I didn't send it to them and they haven't bothered me, so I'm leaving it alone for now. Just today,with all the rain that we've been having in Northeast Ohio, I went into the coach to do some cleaning and the steps wouldn't retract back in, closed the door, went back inside and it finally closed. This thing is jinxed.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been pretty lucky with my Damon, but bought it when it was one year old and had 10,000 miles. Maybe I have been lucky. What I don't understand are the comments like "that's the nature of this industry". In my book it is unacceptable...I think every new buyer should set aside two weeks for the pick up and PDI (it took me 8 days). Make a list each day that needs to be repaired and turn it in the next day for work. If it cannot be fixed in a day...have the dealer pay for a hotel room for each day you are with out you RV. Lazy days will do that (Seffner). Soon they will make you their priority. Once you have all the bugs worked out...take it on a shakedown cruise and stay at a camp ground for a few days and flex all the systems (yes...check the heater in the middle of the summer). Then take it back to fix what ever you find on the shakedown cruise. Anyway...a little long winded...but it worked for me. By the way, why does the RV community accept inferior products? We need to hold the manufactures and dealers accountable...ok off the soap box. Happy RVing to everyone!
Slothsaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #37

As I said you are just getting started. I have been at Lazy Days and folks picking up new Tiffins costing over $300,000 have had 80 + write ups to repair. We have been back 4 times to get 40 items fixed and now have more. I hate it and would sell this 11 Phaeton if I felt sob would be better.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
quality control and not having enough inventory to replace broken parts, along with mechanics that are poorly trained seem to be the norm.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #39

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsouth51 View Post
I had my new MH less than 24hrs. I had to return it to the dealer after the slide motor and switch decided to heat up and give off a terrible burning odor. After cooling down I was able to retract the slide. I started the engine to retract the levelers so that I could return the coach, and low and behold, the rear drivers side leveler was sticking and after about 5 min. I was able to get the leveler all the way up. On the ride to the dealer my driver side mirror came lose to the point that it almost fell off. I found three more items for the dealer to fix. Three days later I get a recall letter from the factory on a wiper blade electronic problem. Going on a week and a half without my new coach. Anyone else out there with such problems?
Please tell us what kind of MH is this! I am looking to buy in early 2012 and want to avoid this one.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #40

I'm into my 5th month with a 2011 Itasca Suncruiser. After our 1st long trip, 3500 miles, the coach spent 5 weeks at our RV dealer fixing all the issues. Parts seem to be the time problem. My fear of quality problems with RV products seem to be coming true. I hear all the excuses about why they are problem prone but I just don't accept them. It seems the mfg. have a mind set to shove them out the door & let the dealers fix them under warranty if the owner turns the issues in. Sad to say but maybe it's time for the Asians to get into the RV business, they did wonders to get Detroit to build a better product.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
Please tell us what kind of MH is this! I am looking to buy in early 2012 and want to avoid this one.
Thanks
If you read the complete thread you will quickly learn its not just one manufacturer that has issues.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
another reason to buy one that is a couple of years old,if the last owner has fixed everything
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote