Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #29

LOL Jim - this is the 3rd one I've done so I learned quickly as to what works, what doesn't and what's worth the effort. I will be glad to rip the carpet out and redo the wallpaper eventually.

There is no grout on the tiles - the come as a molded sheet and they look like glass but are actually just plastic with the white grouty bit made of the same stuff. Quite effective. Apparently Home Depot stocks them although I have never seen them and I order mine from a Canadian seller on eBay.

A 6 sheet pack covering just under 6 sq ft weighs about half a pound - so nothing like the weight that real tiles would add and these are totally flexible.
steveclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #30

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow. Just a great job. I love the kitchen wall tiles too. I'm going to look into them. Thought you had done magic with glass tiles! I'm sure DH will hate you but be sure to keep those pictures of future projects coming!
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great looking coach! I like everything you have done so far. Keep those pictures coming. We all like pictures. I know the feeling of paid for. Not having a payment every month is great.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #32

WOW! Love the picts. What did you use to take off the old graphics? Have a 96 Mountain Aire that could use some up-dating.

Nice job.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #33

A detail shop did the cleanup for me - 8 hours to remove the decals using a 3m wheel and then 37 man hours of polishing - they went around it 3 times to bring out the shine.

If you look closely you can see where the old decals were but it's not very obvious - total cost was $1600 and it completely transformed the look of the coach.

We designed the new decals by taking photos of the coach and then using a graphics program on the PC (Photoshop), erasing the old decals and overlaying new images until we found the right combination.

The stars on the front use a 'prismatic' vinyl that really reflects and catches the sun - the Stars and Stripes with the eagle on the rear windows are a one way effect, you don't see them from the inside.

It gets the conversation flowing at the campgrounds
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It is gorgeous and your work makes it home. Please keep posting pics to give us inspiration and ideas! Older is better I think! We hope to take delivery on our first one tomorrow or the next day and will share pucs too!
Weimaraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oh and did you name it??
Weimaraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Newmars are fantastic and fabulous rigs regardless of age. Awesome rig and you have every right to be proud of it and your fine work. Keep us posted as your take on the remodel.

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Its nice to have the pink slip.

It looks great where did you get your paint job?
The roof looks like you had it redone.
The graphics look grate also.
The toe car looks good to.
Just a thought
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #38

Not paint but printed vinyl - all done in Lake Havasu at local companies.

The roof is interesting. Originally it was a rubber roof but it must have deteriorated as the PO had it replaced with a single sheet of aluminum with a flashing strip screwed down all the way around.

It wasn't leaking, but I went round every seam with a 4" roll of Eternabond (100') and then painted it with 3 coats of top grade Henrys Enviro White elastomeric roof coating. Should be good for several years to come.

The tow car of course is the Smart Car - perfect as a small tow car for a gas engined 38' RV as it only weighs 1800 lb.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
First...SWEEEEEET!!!

Second...why be apologetic? I'm hoping that we, IRV2 members, haven't gotten so size/glitz/whatever snobbish that we can't see the pride you have and that your selection is not for us to judge like a diving contest.

Ya done good! Love the custom paint job too.
Very well said!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclv View Post
It's a 1995 Newmar Kountry Star 3850 with a single slide.

This will be our 4th RV, the first one that was fully paid for LOL - that does feel nice.

I stripped the outside, removing the old decals and did the new decals to match the Smart.

Starting to do the inside slowly as we are fulltiming at the moment. Just pulled out the old microwave and replaced with the GE Profile convection, the same model that they put in the 2014 King Aire LOL and a 40" LED TV on a vertical mount that pulls down into place.

Will enjoy her over the summer and then pull the rest of the interior this winter - carpets, wall coverings, remodel the kitchen etc.

It might not be the 45' late model RV that I would like but I'm a proud owner just the same.

Sweet, looks great with the Smart! Congrats!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A smart RV purchase and good looking set-up. Inspires one to eliminate all debts = financial freedom to go along with the RV lifestyle.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice rig! And paid for! Enjoy
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote