Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #57

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I know you will have to jump through the hoops to get the proper documentations. But I hope you get it all straightened out quickly and can come back soon.

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #58

Nice! Thats a loooooong Rv! We enjoy our old 96 Winnebago Adventurer. I never fear taking it out for a long trip. Sure she's a little slow on the long uphill grades, but like yours"She's paid for" and its clean, safe, comfortable, and drives just fine.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #59

iRV2 No Limits Club
I to own a 1995 kountryaire. Just found this post and am inspired to do the outside similar to steves. Has anyone heard from him?
Old 11-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #60
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not since 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #61

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Great lines

I too own my 1995 Newmar Kountry Aire outright. I found it and purchased it from a local gentleman who had it sitting next to his business for 6 years without any human contact. After 2 years of a lot of TLC and many long nights reading and researching ideas and mechanical functions of every square inch of MH. I can say that, I now have completed fully reconditioned MH. Thanks to this forum and all the great, incredible helpful members. Now the fun part! Traveling out there in RV land and meet all you great people.

I love you great decal work on you Rig. Where did you find the decals?

Mines a Gasser, 460 ford engine with only 38,500 mile on it and 12 hrs on Genset.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #62

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard rv View Post
I to own a 1995 kountryaire. Just found this post and am inspired to do the outside similar to steves. Has anyone heard from him?
Just saw your comments on you owning a 1995 Kountry Aire. I live in Hilton Head, SC. Just finished my 95 Kountry Aire, I would love to see yours. Maybe we can meet up some weekend in Charleston at James Island Campground.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I've got one too in Florida. A 95 Kountry star-35 ft. DP. We love it. Runs strong and simple to maintain..

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-23-2014, 04:52 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice job....Enjoy...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #65

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I see rigs like yours or the absolutely gorgeous Vintage Blue Bird parked across from me. And I read (And have met) some of the "No rigs over 10 years old" parks.. And I see some rather nasty rigs that still have single digit ages.

And I have to wonder "What are those park owners thinking"

Good job on restoring that beauty.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #66

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclv View Post
OK, you asked for photos....

This is the rear, the photo was taken on Lake Havasu one evening - love those AZ sunsets!

Remodeling the interior is going to take some time as we are fulltiming and so the wallcoverings and floors will have to wait until the winter when we have more time and alternate accommodation.

Firstly we decided to add some tile to the kitchen and bathroom - these stick on tiles weigh nothing and look quite attractive - they are very easy to clean with a damp cloth and as long as the surface has been cleaned, they stick well and have stayed up so far.

Also check out the work surface! This was an experiment as I had seen the stuff on TV and I wasn't sure if it would work well - it was a heavy duty vinyl sheet that was printed with a granite effect - you clean the surface, lay it on and can reposition it as needed - when you are ready you heat it up with a hair dryer and that sets the adhesive. It has stood up to daily abuse really well and although I know it's not real granite, it weighs nothing and looks better than the old formica top.

Next came the couch - the original furniture, although flexsteel, was dated and uncomfortable. I had already installed a 40" LED TV on a height adjustable mount at the front (it's OK, it only weighs 26# and lifts off when we travel and is stored on the bed) and watching from the couch was uncomfortable.
So we pulled them out and put in an easy chair and ottoman and a Lay-z-boy electric recliner. OK, so we lost the sleeper bed but as there are only the two of us, it would never get used anyway. It will be awkward if we chose to sell her as I am sure everyone is conditioned to having a couch, but we think we will be keeping her anyway!

Next came replacement of the old Panasonic convection unit - it was very old, dirty and didn't seem to work very well, so I measured up a new GE Profile convection oven and with our 10% lowes voucher, picked it up for $700 - I later found out that it's the same model as installed in the 2014 Newmar King Aire - aspirations of grandeur LOL. DW loves it!

I am sure there will be more installments to come
Can you let me know where and who created the rear vinyl that's on the rear of your MH, I have a few great photos that I would like to create a mural
Old 11-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wink Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclv View Post
It's a 1995 Newmar Kountry Star 3850 with a single slide.

This will be our 4th RV, the first one that was fully paid for LOL - that does feel nice.

I stripped the outside, removing the old decals and did the new decals to match the Smart.

Starting to do the inside slowly as we are fulltiming at the moment. Just pulled out the old microwave and replaced with the GE Profile convection, the same model that they put in the 2014 King Aire LOL and a 40" LED TV on a vertical mount that pulls down into place.

Will enjoy her over the summer and then pull the rest of the interior this winter - carpets, wall coverings, remodel the kitchen etc.

It might not be the 45' late model RV that I would like but I'm a proud owner just the same.

Really happy for you. Paid for, and enjoying the ride?, That's priceless, man.
Great idea with the matching decals on the TOAD
Old 11-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #68

iRV2 No Limits Club
Arrfman,
I live in Lexington and would enjoy meeting up with you. I am retired an can go down to James island most any time (if ok with DW LOL )
Old 11-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #69

iRV2 No Limits Club
C-Phartley. Arffman.
Maybe we should start a club. Call lt Southern Kountry Classic. Just a thought.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #70

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard rv View Post
Arrfman,
I live in Lexington and would enjoy meeting up with you. I am retired an can go down to James island most any time (if ok with DW LOL )
I've been trying to get away for sometime. I just finished installing a complete Banks system and want to give my MH a test trip. We love James Island camp ground and its a easy drive. I'll let you know. Probably some time late January, deffently the spring