Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I really don't know why more people are not moving onto freedom.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #16

Congrats on the new Rev. I just bought my Eagle this spring from TJ in Charlotte. Get your Punch list done in Marion. Marion has been fixing the things done wrong in Charlotte. they are still trying to get my KVH working to all of the TVs that Charlotte messed up.
If you can, I highly suggest you take a Factory Delivery. They spend three days working with you on how everthing works, any repairs are done at the factory. You leave when you are happy and you will be happy. We were rushed and our coach was far from ready to pickup when we arrived after three weeks notice. Second best is to take delivery in Marion. They have tried to make everthing right as possible.
Enjoy!!!
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #17

Hi,
I am a new member here and joined because I too am loooking for a similar diesel pusher and am hoping to avail of the wonderful advice that I read here. This would be my first Class A and I am a total novice. I am looking at the Revolution LE 42W and as well the Aspire 42RB. Did you or anybody else reading consider the Aspire and what advanatgaes did you see with the Revolution? Where is the best dfeal to be had on a rEvolution?

Any info appreciated.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Bill 2011. We did take a serious look at the Anthem, not the Aspire, as we thought it more comparable, but in the end, a LOT more expensive.

The Aspire comes with 380HP and 1050 max torque, the Revolution 450 and 1200, respectively. While each has it proponants, I like the Spartan chassis over the Frieghtliner, but this not having ever owned a DP. The Revolution will come with 8 AGM batteries (all electric version), the Aspire with a max of 6 wet cell batteries. The Revolution has no wood in the exterior siding. We saw the material at the factory, a 1/4" thick glass composite. No delaminating here!

The Revolution is rated to tow up to 15k lbs, vs 10. Not that I plan on testing the limits, but even while towing travel trailers years ago, I always felt the farther under max capacity I was, the better for the equipment. The Revolution can carry 100 gallons of fresh water, vs 85. A stacked washer/dryer combo is standard for 2011, as is a KVH (dish network full HD compatible) sat dome (ours is being swapped out for a Winegard Traveler, at no additional charge to us). A Blue Ray DVD player is standard in the new Revolution, our all electric coach will come with two 2000 watt pure sine wave inverters. The GPS nav system is standard in the Revolution as is full tile, throughout the coach. The Revolution will come standard with the AquaHot for both interior heating and hot water. No separate LP hot water tank or multiple furnaces to heat the rig (and no LP tank, freeing up an additional storage bay). Even the window awning is standard.

As I said, we really thought the Anthem was more comparable to the Revolution than the Aspire, but the Anthem MSRP, comparably equiped, was $45k more!!

It's funny. We had our short list down to 4 coaches. The Anthem, the Allegro Bus, the Revolution and the Dutch Star. Typically we'd decide we'd really like to have the most expensive 'whatever', whenever faced with a decision like this. It usually is the nicer option. The Revolution was not the least expensive, of these 4 that distinction goes to the Dutch Star, but it was only the second highest in price, much less than the Bus, and lightyears less than the Anthem. Overall, we judged it to be the best value. Our decision to go with the Revolution was cemented immediately after visiting the Fleetwood plant in Dectur IN.

Good luck with your search and eventual choice.

Jay
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #19

Thanks for the advice Jay.

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #20

That is one big slide you have there.

Interior pics will show just how much room that provides.

Happy trails to you and enjoy.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #21

Congratulations Jay and Peggy,
Very nice looking coach ! We too liked the 2011 42W so much we traded in our 2006 Discovery to upgrade to the American Revolution. We have not picked ours up yet (we are doing that at the factory) and looking for anyone that has picked one up from the factory to hear about their experience. We can't wait to take her on her maiden voyage in December to AZ. Happy and safe travels.
Bill and Patti
vetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks Bill & Patti, I saw your other post. Some tried to talk us into the factory delivery, which I would have loved, but just couldn't justify the cost.

The coach pictured in my first post in this thread did not work out. We're changing to a Winegard sat dish and Fleetwood engineering did not recommend trying to install one where the dome had already been installed. While our delivery was delayed while we've waited for ours to be built, it was built to our specifications and with our color choices. We chose the 'White Shadow' color and graphics scheme for the exterior. Two reasons: It's much more rare (I like the idea of having something few others have) and it should not absorb heat like the dominant 'black' color schemes will.

We have almost 100 photos taken during construction (buddy on the inside), but were asked not to post any photos while in the plant or under construction. I'm attaching one of the photos we got this past week, which I've cropped, showing the rig shortly after it came out of the paint booth. This next week we should get photos, inside and out, that we can post. We expect to take delivery November 1st, in North Carolina. We'll then spend the next couple weeks in the Carolinas before we have to head home and put it into hibernation for the next 5 months (I'm hoping this will be my last winter in Wisconsin).

Happy trails.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coming out of paint booth.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	6136  
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #23

She looks great right out of the paint booth ! I don't know about you guys but were ready to put some miles on the new toy. We also had some interior mods done and their not done with them yet . Justin Humphreys is suppose to call us tomorrow with the delivery date (hopefully 10/25). May I ask you why your changing to the Winegard. We upgraded to the Winegard in our Discovery and loved it, but our old KVH wasn't a in-motion dish. If we do change our mind where does Fleetwood's engineering suggest you mount it ? Well it's warmed up enough outside , so I have to get yard work done out there before it really gets cold . I'll be much happier sitting in the new coach watching other people doing their landscaping.
vetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
There is no dome dish that can provide all the Direct TV HD channels.

If your coach is already built it may be too late to get the roof changes made to accept the Winegard, but it wouldn't hurt to contact Justin (nice guy, we met and talked with him in Louisville). The engineering work / drawings are already done - on our coach.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 10-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #25

Where are you going with that nice new rig? I live in Augusta, ga we have some nice camping on thurmond lake and weather is still in the 80s. I would like to recomend the fla keys, buy you may not want salt on the new big toy. I have a 2000 eagle and we enjoy it lots.
Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #26

I also know of camping stop at hilton island,sc if you want to rent it. I have a phone number. It is one of the snooty places that only allow new class A. I nice place to go right now is gatlinburg,tn for some mountain music. I am going to a bluegrass festival in sahvanna,ga. but I can't speell.
Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
sucker: We'll be staying not far from you for a large portion of our maiden voyage. We own a property near Greenwood SC. We also want to spend some time in the mountains, and I'd like to spend some time on the coast, maybe near Savanha, or there's a local chapter FMCA rally near Myrtle Beach while we're in the area.

You're referring to the Hilton Head Island Outdoors Resort. We stopped by there a couple years ago while staying at the other resort on the island. It's an attractive park, with a lot of mature trees and landscaping. That's the same trip where we bought our SC property.

I'd love to get to the keys, but not this trip. That would add more travel time to this trip than we're prepared for. My favorite stay in the keys was a number of years ago when we had a water front site at Bahia Honda state Park.

Too many great places to explore, not enough time -- at least yet. Once Peggy is able to retire...
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats, what a beautiful rig.