Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Jumped in with Both feet. '11 Tiffin 35 QBA

Hi All,

Glad to be part of this forum, very informational.

Well - after 5 years of research and countless times of "I am gonna do it" endless hours in showrooms, hours on the net searching the perfect family MotorHome, RV shows in the greater Boston Area. My Family and I jumped in - and so glad that we did.

We had a 32 foot Travel Trailer with a bunk house, this trailer was perfect purchased it brand new 10 years ago, plenty of storage and was in great shape right up till the dreadful day we had a blow out with one of the tires on the Trailer. Tire change was a bit harry on side of busy Rt 95 in DC. We headed on over to Reines RV in Mannasses Va they fixed up the old Shasta trailer and she was good to go again... They get huge Kudoes for fitting us in last minute, so we thought we were on our way...

I knew Reines was a Tiffin Dealer - and all of my years of research pointed me two one MH Brand that I really liked. I kept coming back to the Tiffin Products. the Tiffin MH's jsut seemed to have something different and better as compared to most I looked at (and I looked alot)

We toured the 38 QBA - loved it. ready to take delivery that very moment. Fit the bill perfectly for what we were loooking for. the part I struggled with was the price for a Diesel Pusher that was going to be sitting around for 8 months of the year (kids are still in school), that is alot of cash flow to tie up looking out the window at.

We toured the 35 QBA - Kind of liked that, 90% identical to the 38QBA RED. the Gas Version had the same floor plan and almost same amenities. The Price point was perfect, the monthly payment is less than some car payments. So we went for it. Took delivery on Apri19th of this year. My 3 kids thought we were Royalty - moving up from cramped Yukon Denali with 2 dogs pulling a Trailer to the MH. Gizmo instantly fell in love with his new Doggy window. Gagett is not allowed to use that spot in front of the passenger seat. Alpha male dog sort of thing...

Kids figured all the technogy in the Camper in about 10 minutes. They carved out their little spots and claimed their piece of happiness. Dogs did as well. It is peaceful and Tranquil driving along Ahhh... My wife and I caught up on alot while driving along on the first trip to Williamsburg. I have a mobile hotspot- so it was great to stream Pandora into the Coaches sound sytem from the web, all my favorite channels right there. Also a nother nice freedom - was the kids fed themselves and the dogs had plenty of water near by. Bathroom stops were a thing of the past (except for the mutts). my middle daughter pulled off a 45 minute shower one day while we were under way. No one actually knew she was in there, thought she was asleep in the bedroom, however she had plenty of hot water. (Not something I recomend doing)

Being in the military for 25 years (air National Guard) I have driven large vehicles, but this was my first forray into a MH. After my first 5 miles at 30 MPH just trying to be extra cautious, and getting the hang of this big beast; I soon felt very comfortable and was well up to normal driving speeds. Now I drive it like it is a small car albeit a 35 foot small car, My son and I, so do not miss the trailer hook up and tow and leveling stuff ... My Yukon is thrilled to get that trailer off it's back.

Gas mileage is pretty good, I baby the heck out the MH, 60 is usually top crusing speed, though have crept up to 75 a few times without realizing it, immedaitly backed it back down to low 60's. Cruise control is great on level roadways. Tends to really jump the engine up about 2K RPM on the slightest incline, so I disengage on the slightest hills.

On a recent trip - one Monaco Coach was next to mine (very nice one too) , the owner I had got to discussing our MH's, the wife came over loved our MH. After many compliments on the Open Road - She politely asked how much I paid; I told her (ball park number) she hit her husband and said UGH... they paid considerably more for a used MH with 2 slides, few feet more in length, though their's was a diesel. That made me feel very good.

Where is all this going - well we are very happy with the decision and truly enjoy the MH. Yes I would prefer Diesel and prefer a few amenities of the Allegro Bus; however I am very content with our choice. The Quad slide outs are HUGE bonus. The Storage is Amazing... the Surround Sound is top Notch. TV's are apprecaited (though could live without so many of 'em). The Central Vac is a really nice feature, a must have with 18 feet/paws coming and going through out the coach. Though one peave - the bedroom is WAY TO DARK in there, it needs another fantastic fan in there or some more ceiling natural light. That is my only complaint for the most part.

Tiffin has been very accomodating on a few minor issues. I give this coach 5 stars and I hope we get 10 great years out it like we did with our old trailer.

We are very glad to have gone with the Allegro Open Road. Has the feel of a Pusher without the price pain point. It also looks great from the outside. Very nice lines and over all a very well groomed MH, which we are very glad to be "roughing it smoothly in".

Peter & Brenda Reilly.
3 kids , 2 mutts
Cape Cod Ma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0119.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	12439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of IMAG0121.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	12440  

prei11y is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
First things first ----->

Nice story, nice rig. To quote an old knight, "you've chosen wisely". We really liked our Open Road, having only recently traded it for our retirement rig. May you enjoy many happy (s)miles in it.

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Freightliner Owners Club
Great looking coach!

My kids have grown up in a MH and the memories we have with them are priceless! Good luck and safe travels!
Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Congratulations on an awesome coach and floor plan!

You need to come over to the TiffinRVNetwork forums and introduce your new coach and yourself.
rocketpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very Nice Rig.................
Mark & Carole RVM54
What a long strange trip it's been
2002 Fourwinds 5000 26Q 496 ci. Chevy towing 2004 Jeep Wrangler,2016 Starcraft AR One 18', 2016 F-150
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
Thumbs up

You have a house full and should be comfy in that nice MH. Congrats.
On 10/15/10,
Puchased a 1989 Class B Dodge Xplorer In Cash
On 5/2/15, Girlfriend purchased 2002 Dynamax Carri-go in cash.
goreds2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Very NICE Coach and an even BETTER story......you guys have fun !!!!
scgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #8
Greetings Pete! I just joined-up with these great folks to learn as much as I can; you can find a ton of info on just about any subject (still looking for an inverter/converter tutorial though)....and I really just "jumped in" too, just as you did and have been having a blast. I bought a Dynamax, Dynaquest 320XL, drove it home to Norfolk, VA from Lyons, CO (hour north of Denver) and had a great time on the road...and proudly achieved 11.7 mpg (cruise at 2,000 RPM - let the other folks pass ME and I am pacing with the 18 wheelers)! The seller "thoughtfully" filled the potable water tank - as a retired salvage diver, I know fresh water weighs 8.3 lbs/gal and I think about ALL that now.

You have a bunch more experience than me; I started as a runt camping in a tent trailer - the dual hitch single swivel wheel - on to a small Mallard tag along, then a pop-up...blah, blah, blah. But the RV world is great fun and seems to be popular with the retired military crowd (I'm retired Navy) who I guess just seem to feel a need to keep moving. We have friends in the dog world (well, the humans, not the dogs...but the dogs are cool too) who hunt with dachshunds ("Earthdog" Trials) who are getting a Tiffen Allegro Breeze after a huge research effort and finally taking the plunge after we decided we wouldn't see an armored car arrive at our funeral and bought ours (They are two retired FBI Agents - so I figure they know how to investigate stuff...).

All us ROOKIE RV owners at the dachshund dog trials decided we would start a list of stupid mistakes we made, or will make...like driving off and not lowering the RF TV antenna (Did you hear something on the roof honey???) to my recent (this is NO DRILL) "Holy Smokes! There's a split in the sewage hose!" fiasco ... (Did you know humans do not fully digest corn?) For all the experianced guys out there, I was wearing surgical gloves and I covered the split with my hand to contain the "poop geyser"...and I cleaned-up the dump site; heck, I've dove in worse while in the Navy. No big deal to me; the little lady was gagging though (and laughing at me).

Editorial Note: I've since purchased "The Ultimate Sewer Kit" from Camping World. No more turd spills for me...

Your RV is a real beauty and I'll be looking for ya'll "out there"!
salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
Tiffin Owners Club
Great looking coach, we have an Open Road 34TGA, we love it. It has opened so many doors for us, and we have only just begun. We have met so many wonderful people on the road and on this forum. It doesn't matter how much you paid for your coach or what type, the new friends and new experiences are priceless.

Happy Trails to you and your family
Allegro Open Road TGA Ford & Saturn Vue
bobnshirlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
Thor Owners Club
Welcome! That's a dynamite looking coach!
2012 Thor Astoria 36MQ
Butter Toffee on Toasted Almond
'96 Cherokee toad Tim, Dar & our black Lab "Chase"
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Thanks we really like the new MH. Floor Plan is perfect for our needs. We will pop over to the TuffnRVnetwork. - PR

Originally Posted by rocketpod View Post
Congratulations on an awesome coach and floor plan!

You need to come over to the TiffinRVNetwork forums and introduce your new coach and yourself.
prei11y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Peter and Brenda,

Welcome from a fellow RVer from Massachusetts....

You have a gorgeous coach and your kids will be remembering your family adventures all their lives.

Many safe and happy travels!

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
Congratulations on your new coach, it looks great! I'm sure your family will have many years of enjoyment!
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2005 Chevy Z71 Suburban
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
How is the coach handling so far? Any trips? Any issues?

rocketpod is offline   Reply With Quote