Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We saw an old Appollo this past weekend as it pulled out of the campground.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvette77 View Post
It may have been the one. It was out by Greensburg, and that guy had only had it a year. There is also one (1978) out in Fountaintown, IN at corner of SR52 and 9.....sitting of course, not sure if it was ever for sale.
It seems to be in pretty good shape, just needed a really thorough cleaning, and some typical repairs you see on a 32 yr old motorhome.
It's starting to stand tall, then it leaked some pee.....
Found an old patch that needs repaired correctly this time, nothing major.
Haven't done anything to outside yet, it needs a good buffing as well.

JW
Yes that is the one then. I looked at it when the guy had it before whom you bought it from. very nice coach, not hurt, that is for sure.
It came up for sale about a year later at the same price but with 10,000 more miles on it. I called about it and you had already bought it.
We have had a couple of Apollo's and loved both of them. was looking to buy our third when we saw yours.
We were also looking at older Vogue's and ran onto a nice well taken care of 91 American Eagle DP in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Been getting a good education on the pros and cons of diesel pushers.

BTW, I know where there is another Apollo, similiar to yours for sale in Indianapolis. Been setting in a covered shed for about 7 years now. Lots of dust and surface dirt on it but it would clean up to be as nice as yours. We walked away from it only because it has been sitting for so long. A friend of mine has it. 440 Chrysler was rebuilt shortly before it was parked.
mercdeuceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #17

Interior Pics, 1979 Apollo 3300 IB- Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvette77 View Post
A meticulously maintained '79 Apollo.
It's beautiful inside and out!
Dodge M600 Chassis w/ Ford 460/C6
New 19.5 Michelins w/ Alcoas
320 watts of Solar power
Electric leveling jacks
Queen Bed/Full Bath with tub/shower
6.5 Onan
New Norcold Refer
Very"Brady" inside, very clean
All bought for the cost of a very nice Digital BigScreen entertainment system!!!!
Indy 500 here we come...(ok, it's 10 miles away...
Here's some interior pics after a good interior detailing, and a short visit to Bed Bath and Beyond, and Ikea! Haven't touch the bath yet other than polish it! Well here they are, done at night so a little dark..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00105.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	9636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00097.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	9637  

Name:	IMG00101.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	9638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00110.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	9639  

Name:	IMG00099.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	9640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00104.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	9641  

jwvette77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercdeuceman View Post
Yes that is the one then. I looked at it when the guy had it before whom you bought it from. very nice coach, not hurt, that is for sure.
It came up for sale about a year later at the same price but with 10,000 more miles on it. I called about it and you had already bought it.
We have had a couple of Apollo's and loved both of them. was looking to buy our third when we saw yours.
We were also looking at older Vogue's and ran onto a nice well taken care of 91 American Eagle DP in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Been getting a good education on the pros and cons of diesel pushers.

BTW, I know where there is another Apollo, similiar to yours for sale in Indianapolis. Been setting in a covered shed for about 7 years now. Lots of dust and surface dirt on it but it would clean up to be as nice as yours. We walked away from it only because it has been sitting for so long. A friend of mine has it. 440 Chrysler was rebuilt shortly before it was parked.
I actually have a log book for it, and I 'd have to recheck it, but I think the addt'L 10K that was put on it- the owner drove it from Kalamazoo, MI, down thur Tex, New Mex and then to Green Valley , AZ- then up to ALASKA- then back to Michigan again. Looks like he got a new refer installed in AZ during the trip, and also had the carrier bearings replaced on the driveshaft, and an A/C issue addressed.
The day I brought it home, I drove it straight to Indy Brake and Spring- and I have to say I was very impressed with them. They don't advertise they work on RV's - but they certainly knew the Dodge M600 Chassis and had all the info they needed on it, to adjust it to factory tolerances.
I had them do a detailed chassis check, and alignment, and "digital" brake balance check, they weigh'd the coach to check weight distribution, and there was a front end adjustment made that really improved the handling. All in all- this coach really drives well, while I was underneath it noticed newer looking Bilstiens on it as well.

My next project, besides my poop tank repair, and a new TV antennea- I have 2 mal-functioning Mark 2 Levelers, don't know if they can be rebuilt or not.

JW
jwvette77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #19

I love the older units. Awnings are awesome. Nice job on Wheelin' and Dealin'.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote