Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #85

Good info on the extra length and more battery space. My sales guy said their folks would check my batteries for me....getting to the caps to check water levels on some of them would be a real chore. I see the res. fridge is standard on your 35B, but optional on the 33D....if we order one, we would get the res. fridge....all the comments on the Palazzo web site brag on the res. fridge. We have had three RVs...2 Cs and our Class A.

Our children, when young, enjoyed the overhead bunks on the C's. I sure liked the black interior as you have. Anyway, if and when, I will be back and will enjoy reading of all of you and the other's travels.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #86

I'll keep my fingers crossed that It will be love at first sight when your wife sees it. In the meantime, keep drooling....that's what we did!
Kensroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #87

I am sure enjoying reading your posts about your new MH! Makes me want to go buy a new one Keep those posts going!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #88

UBETCHA! This is a wonderful and informative website. We've learned more from it than any other resources.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #89

Yes it is very informative! I have learned so much about MH's
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
How many amp hours of batteries come standard to run the residential fridge?
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #91

Ford Super Duty Owner
Awesome rig.
SherrRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
How many amp hours of batteries come standard to run the residential fridge?
Alan, I don't know amp hours, but they (most mfg) put in four deep cycle 6v batteries and a 2000 watt inverter to operate the residential fridges. At least in the smaller units like the Escursion, Thor Palazo, etc. Larger units have more batteries I think.

This morning the wife said "okay, lets go over to Ancira RV and look at the 2014 33D Escursion with its new floor plan." I called my sales buddy and he said, "hurry, as we are sending it to our Alvarado, TX store as they sold it." I said turn on the gen and a/c as we are on our way. We looked at it and the wife liked it other than the small shower....they also had an American Dream going also. He said the Alvarado store is high end...they don't sell lower end gassers or any travel tailers...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #93

Hey, George, did you, by chance, look at a 35B Excursion whie you were there? Our shower is larger than most we looked at and the bathroom, overall, is bigger. In addition, the kitchen has way more room, especially counter space since stove & microwave are angled in the corner. Kitchen & bath were two features that sold us on the 35B. Those extra few feet really do make a difference. Sounds like your wife is open minded towards a new DP. YAY!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #94

Yes, we did see the 35B, maybe the one you bought. All in stock have been sold. One problem is my barn is 30X40 and with the steel structure, it is only 39' and too tight for a unit too long and still be able to walk around it. I would have built the barn 50' long, but a nice tree was in the way. I also like the 208" wheelbase...

As mentioned before, we have the problem of actually using it enough to justify the cost...and our present Bounder, while old, always in the barn, looks and drives like new. Never had a problem with it...and we love it. The only reason I would buy it is just because we want it....not really need it....

In visiting with the sales mgr. and my salesman, they said they have several Escursions on order and hope to keep several in stock as it is a good seller. More later....have fun with your units....
Old 07-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #95

Torque

How much torque does this DP have?
BS0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #96

George, funny thing about the barn. We have a separate RV garage as well. Previous owner had it built when house was built. It measures 14x40, so we were limited on size and originally considered 33D excursion. We measured all possibilities and on paper the 35B would fit. Got the new coach home and, you guessed it, the coach is too wide to comfortably fit thru the door. Considered taking frame off door, but still a really tight fit with no wiggle room. Garage is Austin stone and too costly to modify, so the new coach went to storage rental unit. Doggone it!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS0714 View Post
How much torque does this DP have?
660 pounds torque and 300 hp.

I thought about my barn and felt a 30 x 40 would do fine for any motorhome I had or would have. My 34' Bounder fits just fine with room to check engine oil and walk around it with the main door closed. I did think ahead some and put in a 13' tall x 16' wide door. Mine is an insulated metal barn, popular in this area. I have to 120v outlets in all walls and a 30 amp plug so I can plug in to shore power. (wired to change to 50 amp easily) If I did it again I would put it away from a tree that keeps me from having it 50' long. I would also make the door 14' high in case I won the power ball and could put my new Prevost in it....ha ha

On one side I built a mezzanine, 8' x 35' with a stairs at one end. I store the stuff I will not need until tomorrow that I have not touched in five years....ha ha We put all of our junk there....the all steel building is built to withstand 100 mph winds....the floor is reinforced concrete to hold any weight motor home. I have a little workshop there also.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #98

I am thinking about building a 20x50 building for my motor home, do you think a 4" slab will be enough. Also I was thinking with it being 20 wide would give me enough room to park it and put out slides if needed.

Tags
fleetwood