Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarPar2012 View Post
I am thinking about building a 20x50 building for my motor home, do you think a 4" slab will be enough. Also I was thinking with it being 20 wide would give me enough room to park it and put out slides if needed.
I do not know your circumstances....size of area to build, assets, etc BUT..IF you want my free advice, build a 30 X 50 (or wider) as you will quickly fill it, as I did with tools, storage shelves, air compressor, work bench, lawn equipment....this extra width will give you ROOM to move around...a 14' high X 16' wide door for easy acces and a 6" slab. Mine has 1/2" rebars on 9" centers....It will hold anything I can own or park in my barn. I over build, but if you crack your pad, ya got problems and the extra slab won't cost that much up front....ask your concrete guy. Insulate it! Build a mezzadine on one side for extra storage of seldom used stuff. Put clear panels in roof so you can see during the daytime with out turning on the lights...

I actually have two barns on my land...both are 30 X 40....the first is to store my farm trailer, tractor, riding mowers, lots of shelving, weed eaters, small road maintaineer, etc...it has a 12' X 16' door and a 220v for arc welding, etc....I kept my smaller Class C in it and needed a second when I got my 34' Bounder....I love my barns...and spend a lot of time in them.

The wife said the next one I build, I will have to live in it....ha ha If you want more info or have questions email me... scoot62@aol.com with subject BARN.

George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #100

Would anyone want to start a Fleetwood Escursion thread? This would be like the Thor Palazzo thread where any and all talk about their Excursions or wantabees like myself can ask questions...??

Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #101

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarPar2012 View Post
I am thinking about building a 20x50 building for my motor home, do you think a 4" slab will be enough. Also I was thinking with it being 20 wide would give me enough room to park it and put out slides if needed.
6 or 8 inch slab would be a lot better , how heavy is the rv ?
Old 07-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice looking rig. Many smiles and happy miles.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #103

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes. I think would should start a Excursion thread. I'm in on that !!!!
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #104

Count us in to participate in an Excursion forum.

As a follow-up to our new Fleetwood Excursion experience, yesterday our salesman from Ancira RV in Boerne, TX called to check on us. Thought that was pretty nice gesture. About an hour later a very nice woman from Fleetwood called to see how we were doing and to apologize for the snafu we had during delivery with the faulty DEF gauge. Wonder how many other dealerships or manufacturers are that focused on customer service. We were impressed!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensroomie View Post
Count us in to participate in an Excursion forum.

As a follow-up to our new Fleetwood Excursion experience, yesterday our salesman from Ancira RV in Boerne, TX called to check on us. Thought that was pretty nice gesture. About an hour later a very nice woman from Fleetwood called to see how we were doing and to apologize for the snafu we had during delivery with the faulty DEF gauge. Wonder how many other dealerships or manufacturers are that focused on customer service. We were impressed!
This is the kind of folks you find at Ancira Boerne. I will start a Excursion site...I am new at this and don't own one but if we buy, that is what it will be. Anyway, here goes....I guess it will be under the Fleetwood section.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #106

2013 Fleetwood Excursion thread is underway in the Fleetwood section....come on over with your Excursion remarks, help, thoughts, etc
Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #107

Thanks, George. Look forward to comparing notes with other Excursion owners. Hope you get yours in the near future. Just remember, the longer the wait, the sweeter it will be when you do. Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #108

2013-2014 excursion owner's post

The new Fleetwood Excursion thread. Come on over...
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #109

This thread has been going on forever (totally unexpected) but I am glad to join the new one too!!
RVMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #110

Tiffin Owners Club
Loved the pics from your great A erican adventure trip!
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #111

Agreed

Glad you are loving the new rig. We pick our 2013 35B up on Friday. We walked past it the first time at the Daytona RV show thinking it was a gas coach. Fortunately I ran into the Fleetwood rep. and he redirected us back to it. Never thought we would get a virtually new diesel for that price. We traded in our 96 Fleetwood Discovery. We love the fact the slides don't interfere with tailgating on the passenger side. (Go Noles!) I am fabricating the outside TV mounts now. I will post pictures when I get them mounted this weekend.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #112

Awesome coach, Love your choice! We have a 2008 Excurtion 39R with the super slide. I know you will love your just like we love ours! Safe Travels!!!

Tags
fleetwood