Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #43

Pic's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr4760 View Post
I am having trouble posting the pic's. I attached them to my post but they don't show up. Can anyone help. I want to post multi pics.

I think I got the pic's upload. More pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1747.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	103285   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	103286  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	103287   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1670.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	103288  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #44
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Looks awesome. Probably as long as a freight train. Where ya gonna park it?

Old 08-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #45

Quote:
I think I got the pic's upload. More pics later.
Wonder what the tongue weight will be loaded?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #46
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Figuring that his trailer has to have 7500 pound axles, it must come in around 20K total, so I guess that it has to be in the 1800~2500 pound range.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:46 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Hi guys, thanks for your interest. To answer what I know at this point. The 3 axles are 6000# each with disc brakes on all 3 and torsion bars suspension. Empty weight is about 9000#. Don't know the tongue wt right now. I have a 5400# electric tongue jack. This weekend I will have it completed and loaded. I plan to stop at the truck stop scales and weight it loaded and check the tongue weight too.

The total length is 78'. Shish don't tell anyone. My first pull was from Tampa to Houston. It pulled great you couldn't tell it was back there on the highway. As gas as turns, I came in our subdivision and made (6) 2 lane square corners without any problems, not even a tire off the blacktop. With the tail swing and the trailer axles in the middle of the trailer, she turns really well.

Several years ago I had a 40' coach, towing a Jeep Wrangler and a 20' bass boat. I never had a problem with turns or law enforcement.

More pic's and weight coming this weekend.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Our 20' has a curb weight of 6550. Our trailer came with a scale. Unloaded the tongue weight is 200 lb. Loaded to 13,000 lbs the tongue weight is 800 lbs.

The rules of tongue weight seem to be different for triaxles than tandems.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #49

Nice rig Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Our 20' has a curb weight of 6550. Our trailer came with a scale. Unloaded the tongue weight is 200 lb. Loaded to 13,000 lbs the tongue weight is 800 lbs.

The rules of tongue weight seem to be different for triaxles than tandems.
Yes, your right with the 3 axles more weight is carried on the axles and not as much on the tongue. Plus I backed up my stinger lift 27" which will help tongue weight also. When I load (2) 900+ lbs Harleys in front of the lift and include the unknown weight of the overhead storage I will get it back and more. I will counter balance by adding her car, (or sometimes the golf cart) in the rear just inside the back door. I feel (hope) this balances the weight and will be an acceptable towing situation? I don't see the towing weight being an issue for the 500hp Cummings or the Zephyr.

We will have it completely loaded by Sunday and make my first pull with a company 1 ton. If all goes well, we will make a test pull with the Zephyr on Labor Day Weekend to Brownsville, TX.

Stay tuned, more to come!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #50
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
You should weigh it to be certain, but if it "waggles" get more weight on the tongue.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, your right with the 3 axles more weight is carried on the axles and not as much on the tongue. Plus I backed up my stinger lift 27" which will help tongue weight also. When I load (2) 900+ lbs Harleys in front of the lift and include the unknown weight of the overhead storage I will get it back and more. I will counter balance by adding her car, (or sometimes the golf cart) in the rear just inside the back door. I feel (hope) this balances the weight and will be an acceptable towing situation? I don't see the towing weight being an issue for the 500hp Cummings or the Zephyr.

We will have it completely loaded by Sunday and make my first pull with a company 1 ton. If all goes well, we will make a test pull with the Zephyr on Labor Day Weekend to Brownsville, TX.

Stay tuned, more to come!
The only issue may be if the total weight of the trailer exceeds the capacity of the hitch. Our hitch is rated at 15,000 lbs. When I was looking for trailers we were considering a brand that would have had a tare of 12,000 lbs. Talked to WGO about beefing up the hitch and towing capacity but they said it was a Freightliner specification and good luck with trying to get them to increase it.

Prompted me to purchase an inTech all aluminum construction. Half the tare.

Tows great empty with 200 lbs on the hitch and loaded with only 800 on the hitch. Have never felt the trailer try to waggle at all.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looks nice.

denlock is offline   Reply With Quote