Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Sweet rig for sure!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
So how'd the ride?? Any adventures to speak of? How does that J-Ride handle?

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
First run with new Grayhawk 29MV

Sorry it took so long to reply. I had it all typed out a couple of days ago only to hit a key on the computer and "poosh....." all gone!

Anyway, Picked it up on the 23rd of October and was very surprised of the power it had for a 305 hp. But of course, it the torque dummy !!

A lot to absorb during the inspection phase. Stuff you just don't see until you get it home. Door lock out of alignment about a qtr inch. You have to slam the door to close it. Levelers too low (which was confirmed by a post earlier today).

Anyway, was eager to load up and take her out for a spin. I'll say it again, you don't realize how much stuff you had in the last RV till it's time to take it out and put it back into the new one !

Had trip planned for Pismo Beach, CA (about a 4 1/2 hr drive) in Central California. Long enough to check out handling of new rig.

Was not disappointed. Handled nicely. Big trucks passing ... No problem. Steering has some play in it. You can feel the torque when starting off, comfortable driver/passenger seats. Sofa being "leatherette" requires a sofa cover as you start to perspire on warm days.

After reading post on the forum about the tank-less WH, there were no problems. Nice hot water. Pressure is another thing when coming out of the shower head. I'm going to drill out the restricter to get more water flow.
More then enough water pressure out of the faucets.

TV is bedroom is a joke.. Must be one of the last 2011 models where you have to stand on the bed and look directly at it to get a good picture. When you're lying on the bed all you see are outlined images in black. New TV's don't do that, you can sit anywhere and see the picture!

Trip was nice, other then the levelers, door, TV, all is good. Wife is very happy with the purchase !@ Dealer did a poor job in washing/wax it for inspection. But I guess that what you get when you sell 180 RV's at the RV show and rushing to get them out ! So I've purchased RV wash, wax, and "bug" removal from the "Wizzard".

Not comfortable knowing that I don't have a spare. And even if I did, are the rims the same front and back ? hummmm.... Looking into it. Want to purchase a rim/tire and mount on back using the hitch. Or just buy the tire and have the guy mount it when Coach-net comes out ?

Soooo many questions.... Not enough answers.... Not enough time !

Anyway, don't want to bore you guys anymore, Next trip..To the new Grayhawk for a wash/wax/ and relaxation

S/
Rick
Old 11-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well that all sounds pretty good so far, you're off to a good start with a couple fixes at hand.

I've been giving these things a looksee myself.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari-rick View Post
Sorry it took so long to reply. I had it all typed out a couple of days ago only to hit a key on the computer and "poosh....." all gone!

Anyway, Picked it up on the 23rd of October and was very surprised of the power it had for a 305 hp. But of course, it the torque dummy !!

A lot to absorb during the inspection phase. Stuff you just don't see until you get it home. Door lock out of alignment about a qtr inch. You have to slam the door to close it. Levelers too low (which was confirmed by a post earlier today).

Anyway, was eager to load up and take her out for a spin. I'll say it again, you don't realize how much stuff you had in the last RV till it's time to take it out and put it back into the new one !

Had trip planned for Pismo Beach, CA (about a 4 1/2 hr drive) in Central California. Long enough to check out handling of new rig.

Was not disappointed. Handled nicely. Big trucks passing ... No problem. Steering has some play in it. You can feel the torque when starting off, comfortable driver/passenger seats. Sofa being "leatherette" requires a sofa cover as you start to perspire on warm days.

After reading post on the forum about the tank-less WH, there were no problems. Nice hot water. Pressure is another thing when coming out of the shower head. I'm going to drill out the restricter to get more water flow.
More then enough water pressure out of the faucets.

TV is bedroom is a joke.. Must be one of the last 2011 models where you have to stand on the bed and look directly at it to get a good picture. When you're lying on the bed all you see are outlined images in black. New TV's don't do that, you can sit anywhere and see the picture!

Trip was nice, other then the levelers, door, TV, all is good. Wife is very happy with the purchase !@ Dealer did a poor job in washing/wax it for inspection. But I guess that what you get when you sell 180 RV's at the RV show and rushing to get them out ! So I've purchased RV wash, wax, and "bug" removal from the "Wizzard".

Not comfortable knowing that I don't have a spare. And even if I did, are the rims the same front and back ? hummmm.... Looking into it. Want to purchase a rim/tire and mount on back using the hitch. Or just buy the tire and have the guy mount it when Coach-net comes out ?

Soooo many questions.... Not enough answers.... Not enough time !

Anyway, don't want to bore you guys anymore, Next trip..To the new Grayhawk for a wash/wax/ and relaxation

S/
Rick
I use Wizard Detailer on my 64, I think it works the best. Have always had to purchase from behind the counter... Why?
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote