Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #29

in Fl state only on I75 toll road NOT any place but 75 toll call Fl, DOT and ask your taged in your state its ok not all laws are the same in all states

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #30

Like your pictures I pull a expedition,then a trailer with either a yamaha rhino on it or a golf cart.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by windydaboo View Post
Finally got a few pics for you...

If you go with a single axle setup you will want to go with the heaviest axle possible since a 3500lb one would probably be close to it's limit with the car and RZR on it. Also may be a bit heavy for a car hitch since a lot of the weight is in front of the axle of the trailer. I never saw a twin axle until I found this one and I like the 7000lb capacity, twice the capacity with only a couple more feet of trailer. This was the only way I could find to tow two bikes and the Jeep without having to worry about losing something. We can unhook the Jeep and tow the bikes with it much like you want to do. It squashes the rear but the V8 pulls it no problem.
What kind of car is your toad? Will it be able to handle close to 1k lb. tongue weight or would you load the RZR with the back wheels in the dolly cradle?
I was able to buy the trailer, all the hitch parts and welding by a professional fabricator for under 4 grand! Have been told by many I got the trailer for less than it cost for materials. Everyone who has seen it is impressed with the setup, even had a few folks taking pics as we drove down the road.
Anyway, let me know what you come up with and feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.
That trailer dolly is very cool and unique. I'm just a little confused though, what is the reason for not just getting a trailer long enough to get the bikes and jeep on? You could get a utility/landscape trailer with side load ramp, or a car trailer with side ramps. It seems that would be a much better load balance (equalize the heavy tongue weight you currently have) and make the tongue weight MUCH more managable if you tow the trailer with anything else (like your Jeep). Also would have been a lot cheaper. Would likely be easier to back up. So with all this in mind there's got to be a really good reason to do it like you did so I'm anxiously awaiting your reply Either way I give it a 9 for unique and cool!

1996 Ram 3500 Cummins dually highly modified
Bigblue12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
CHOOOO CHOOOOOOOO! ding ding ding, the drop gates are coming down.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #33

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue12v View Post
That trailer dolly is very cool and unique. I'm just a little confused though, what is the reason for not just getting a trailer long enough to get the bikes and jeep on? You could get a utility/landscape trailer with side load ramp, or a car trailer with side ramps. It seems that would be a much better load balance (equalize the heavy tongue weight you currently have) and make the tongue weight MUCH more managable if you tow the trailer with anything else (like your Jeep). Also would have been a lot cheaper. Would likely be easier to back up. So with all this in mind there's got to be a really good reason to do it like you did so I'm anxiously awaiting your reply Either way I give it a 9 for unique and cool!
Thank you for the compliment?

There were several factors that led me to choose this trailer over a car trailer. I need to tow lots of different toys depending on the type of trip we are taking. Two full dress bikes, a Jeep, golf cart, sand rail & bicycles.

A utility/landscape trailer was out of the question since it isn't strong enough to carry the Jeep by itself.

Cost can't be an issue since I have had several unsolicited offers well over what I paid, so I must have got a good deal. It was brand new when purchased.

A car trailer would need to be in the 25ft. range to fit 2 bikes and the Jeep or buggy. However when we just take 1 motorbike and bicycles for the kids, a 25ft trailer is a bit of overkill. My current trailer is 17ft. My RV is 37 ft. We have been to many National/State campgrounds and barely fit with what we have, something longer would just be a pia.

As for having to upgrade the trailer hitch. That would have had to be done anyway since the original was only rated for 5k lbs. I have towed the bikes or golf cart with a F150 and a Durango and both had no problems, although both have factory towing packages.

Backing up does suck, but all dollies have this issue. When not used as a dolly it backs up just fine. It tows beautifully, no sway and has brakes on all 4's. When your driving something that weighs close to 27,000lbs, a couple thousand lbs. hanging off the back is barely noticable.

Hopefully I have stated a few of my reasons sufficiently enough to end your confusion. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask.
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello All,

This is how I transport my RZR-S in my Ram. And the Ram is my toad.
Les

goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote