Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
But, I went out and picked up this 1998 Newmar .. Man there is alot to learn.

Jeff1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
But, I went out and picked up this 1998 Newmar .. Man there is alot to learn.

Jeff1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Outstanding, Jeff and congrats!

Well, if you are looking for info--you're definately in the right place here.. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, no mater how dumb you may THINK it is---it isn't.

everyone here is friendly and can provide tons of useful ideas, help and just general info and conversation!
Jimmy Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Jeff 1216 Congrats on your 1998 ride.Looks nice. Now get some outside sunscreens and mirrors covers. Enclosed is my ride

2006 THOR ( lots of custom tricked mods inside & out ) I bought this for state & federal camping parks , alot easlier finding spaces available for 34 ft. My other coach is 2002 PREVOST XL 45 for rallys and long hauls coast to coast picture is the avatar
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Very nice! Congratulations! It's a beauty! A lot to learn????!!!! We're on our 3rd Coach and we're still learning... I read manuals while Tony drives. Also, when $h!# happens, (as it will), we try to look at the lighter side. We believe there should be a reality show called "The Amazing Race... in Coaches". So, when faced with an obstacle (assuming we remember our sense of humor), we go into something like "contestants must now find a place that has tow trailer tires to fit their particular trailer, on Labor Day, in Bernalillo, New Mexico."

BTW... this is true, saw a KOA sign as the tire disintegrated, pulled off the freeway, dragged trailer to KOA, people there called Walmart for us, they had the tire, helped us unhook the trailer, we drove the coach to Walmart, had tire placed on rim, went back to KOA, they were right there to assist with fitting tire, offered them money and beer... and they didn't want to take anything! We left them beer and money anyway. BTW... the lesson here is have a spare tire for the tow trailer! (We do now!).

You will have many stories and much fun in your new rig!
Brenda & Tony, traveling with Chocolate Lab Cadbury and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Rossi, Hayden, Millie, & Hercules... towing an assortment of motorcycles!
bsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Congratulations Jeff!!! My wife and I did basically the same thing you did. We went from tent camping to a 30' Hurricane to a 34' Storm to a 40' Winnebago Tour in the space of about 6 months. Yes, there is a lot to learn but learning is living! And the best thing about the way you did it is you avoided the depreciation! Good Job!
Carroll and Leslie White

Retired Navy (ETCS/SW/AW)
Carnles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:55 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Beautiful, wonderful, great! Enjoy and wishing you many years of safe travels.
2012 Tiffin Allegro 34 TGA
Ford V-10 22000 lb chassis
Brake Buddy Advantage,
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
Very nice, I am also new to the RV world and I have taken two short weekend trips so far (as advised by brother in-law who has had an RV forever). Try to make first camping close to Wal-Mart or similar as you will realize you always need something, at least I have so far. Be safe and have a great time.

1996 National Sea Breeze
Aggiepi is offline   Reply With Quote