Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have used a '94 Sunnybrook TT since '93. Truck was getting tired and trailer feeling small (26') so after some thought process we decided to get a motorhome. Ordered an Itasca in early November and it should be delivered the last week of December. Lots of bells and whistles and of course it's on a Workhorse! We pulled two trailers at same time with the truck ( we like to ride motorcycle while camping and sightseeing) and can't wait to try out the new rig. Have thought of doing this for years and will finally be able to. If you see 33' Itasca pulling an Excalibur trailer it might be us!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have used a '94 Sunnybrook TT since '93. Truck was getting tired and trailer feeling small (26') so after some thought process we decided to get a motorhome. Ordered an Itasca in early November and it should be delivered the last week of December. Lots of bells and whistles and of course it's on a Workhorse! We pulled two trailers at same time with the truck ( we like to ride motorcycle while camping and sightseeing) and can't wait to try out the new rig. Have thought of doing this for years and will finally be able to. If you see 33' Itasca pulling an Excalibur trailer it might be us!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:00 AM   #3

Easyrider, Congratulations on getting your new motorhome, you must be very excited about Christmas coming plus the added bonus of having your new coach delivered in the same month, enjoy and have a wonderful Holiday. Ed
Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 AM   #4

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Easyrider,
Congrats on your new moho. We made the switch from a 5th wheel to moho last year and it's the best decision we've ever made. Will you be able to use the Itasca soon or will it be in the dreaded "winter storage" mode waiting for spring?
Happy holidays!
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Easyrider:
If you see 33' Itasca pulling an Excalibur trailer it might be us! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yahoo! Congratulations.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:33 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new RV. We bought our 2003 Suncruiser 33V from Horn'S RV and had some good times with it. With the Workhorse chassis in a 33' coach you'll find that you've got one of the "sports car" RVs. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Have fun!
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:07 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife's father winters in Arizona and we will be tempted to pay a surprise visit with him this winter. It will all depend on finance's and time off from work situation. We ordered the MH with undercoating so not too worried about road salt. The dealer said not too many people order undercoating but I would think with all the MH's I see on the roads in winter that they would have it. And it really wasn't a very costly option.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Some MH's only undercoat the chassis, not the coach parts when the undercoating option is chosen. I didn't have any on my Suncruiser so I'm not sure how Winnebago does it but I think it's a great idea as long as they cover the coach stuff too. I drove to Minneapolis once in one of our notorious Wisconsin winter days where the roads were caked with salt. Afterwards it was quite a job to clean up. Some stuff, like the aluminum floor pan on the genset just never does look good again. If they only do the chassis I'd go to your local auto parts store and pick up some spray bombs to finish the job. It'll be a good investment if you drive it in winter up here.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:48 AM   #9

Easyrider, since you live in Wisconsin, you're well aware of the damage that road salt & brine can do. -Especially on aluminum. I got the undercoating option on my '04 Brave 34D; it was well done and covered the underside aluminum belly 'pan', as well as the frame rails. But a check with a flashlight reveals areas they didn't cover (ex.- narrow gap just above frame between the aluminum floor skin, etcetera). So my advice is to minimize your salt exposure because salt spray goes "everywhere". Once you've made it down to AZ, take the time to go to a truck wash and spend five bucks spraying off the underside with good clean water. You'll be glad you did in the years ahead..
Old 12-30-2004, 06:23 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's here! We drove over to Coulee RV in LaCrosse on wednesday just for the heck of it as I'm on vacation this week. The MH had just been delivered that morning. Couldn't take it with us as our sales rep was on vacation also and most of the rest were also gone and they hadn't had time to inspect and clean it yet of the road grime. But it was fun just to know it's there. We ordered it with just about every option including electric awning, convection microwave, home theater, freestanding table and chairs, auto satellite tv, outside entertainment center, ice maker, windshield fans, heat pump, cb, solar panel,power inverter, etc. It's a big step up from what we have been used to and we can't wait to take it out on our first trip. We should be able to get it next week if weather cooperates.