Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GULFSTREAM37 View Post
Very Nice can we get some Specs on the Unit, year Mileage length amenities etc.

Jealous LOL
It's a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39P. 330hp Cat Turbo. Has just under 100K miles. Well looked after, nice shape. Stay tuned for a few mods once I get it.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Wow Les, very nice rig. Good thing you don't go through wife's like you do MH's.
If I don't quit buying, selling and upgrading, I'm already told I'll be in the market for a new wife!

She was mad at me cause I sold the last one and we never got to do much more than some short trips.

Truth is, you don't know what you don't like about a coach until you own it. We'll see how long this one stays.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
GULFSTREAM37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WATERBURY, CT.
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It's a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39P. 330hp Cat Turbo. Has just under 100K miles. Well looked after, nice shape. Stay tuned for a few mods once I get it.
First I heard of a coach with that kind of miles on it, I am sure there are more but it seems like Low Mileage is the norm.

Nothing for a chassis like that, just wonder how the house holds up at that mileage.

Keep us posted.

Good Luck with it sure is Purty.

Ted.
__________________
2007 GULFSTREAM CRESCENDO 37 MODEL-378 FRED CUMMINS 5.9 300 HP ALLISON 2000MH 5 SPEED BANKS DIESEL TUNER W IQ 2.0 FOR UP TO 85 RWHP AND 203 RWTQ
GULFSTREAM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Yeah nothing, the motor is just broken in.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #33
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GULFSTREAM37 View Post
First I heard of a coach with that kind of miles on it, I am sure there are more but it seems like Low Mileage is the norm.

Nothing for a chassis like that, just wonder how the house holds up at that mileage.

Keep us posted.

Good Luck with it sure is Purty.

Ted.
I'm told these CAT engines break in close to 150,000 miles.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar


 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

If I don't quit buying, selling and upgrading, I'm already told I'll be in the market for a new wife!

She was mad at me cause I sold the last one and we never got to do much more than some short trips.

Truth is, you don't know what you don't like about a coach until you own it. We'll see how long this one stays.
Well, I assume you got it. It has been a week or so. Are you going to keep it or shop for a new wife?
__________________
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #35
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post

Well, I assume you got it. It has been a week or so. Are you going to keep it or shop for a new wife?
No new coach. Wife didn't like it! Still have wife. Happy wife......Happy life.

6 days, 7 planes and 2 hotels. Got to see Albuquerque, NM for the first time and Palm Springs, CA again.

She got to do some shopping, I had to buy extra suitcases. Came home with something.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar


 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

No new coach. Wife didn't like it! Still have wife. Happy wife......Happy life.

6 days, 7 planes and 2 hotels. Got to see Albuquerque, NM for the first time and Palm Springs, CA again.

She got to do some shopping, I had to buy extra suitcases. Came home with something.
Agreed; Happy wife......Happy life.

I am planning a trip to Alaska next summer, I don't know if that means that I will pass by where you are or not, but I know I will be spending a great deal of time in your country. I am looking forward to that!
__________________
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
Registered User
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Agreed; Happy wife......Happy life.

I am planning a trip to Alaska next summer, I don't know if that means that I will pass by where you are or not, but I know I will be spending a great deal of time in your country. I am looking forward to that!
For the easiest directions to Dogpatch just remember ...
traveling east - turn right at Albuquerque
traveling west - turn left at Albuquerque

Dogpatch will be about 1600 miles northwest of you.
__________________
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar


 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
For the easiest directions to Dogpatch just remember ...
traveling east - turn right at Albuquerque
traveling west - turn left at Albuquerque

Dogpatch will be about 1600 miles northwest of you.
If you are traveling west (i.e.; on I-40), if you take a left (i.e.; on I-25) wouldn't you be heading south (i.e.; toward El Paso).... I think it is going to be a problem to end up in Canada with those directions..... Lol

I know, that is the way that Canadians keep us southerner's away from Canada....
__________________
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #39
Registered User
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
If you are traveling west (i.e.; on I-40), if you take a left (i.e.; on I-25) wouldn't you be heading south (i.e.; toward El Paso).... I think it is going to be a problem to end up in Canada with those directions..... Lol

I know, that is the way that Canadians keep us southerner's away from Canada....
Oh darn, some of you 'muricans are sharper than others.
__________________
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
gripper's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It's a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39P. 330hp Cat Turbo. Has just under 100K miles. Well looked after, nice shape. Stay tuned for a few mods once I get it.
Welcome to Fleetwood! Great looking coach! I'll bet that your fist "mod" will be a residential refrigerator! Right?
__________________
Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #41
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Didn't buy the Discovery. Thanks all for opinions and comments. Stay tuned for the next "Big Adventure"!
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
JudyH's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 892
So sorry it didn't work out as you had wished. Obviously you didn't need that one! I hope the next one is more to your liking and closer to home!
__________________

__________________
Judy & Ralph, w/Molly (the Westie) & Sadie (the Fourche Terrier)
2011 Ford F350 6.7 Lariat
2013 Infinity 3850RL
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.